Desire HD won't turn on

Search This thread
Aug 25, 2012
Hi guys,

yesterday I tried to recover the original ROM for Desire HD. During the process in bootloader, my phone shutdown, and I can't turn it on now, even the bootloader wont run. I think my battery was too low, even tought the phone showed 99% (it happened before, even though the battery was almost dead), and it died during the update. Basically, I'm not able to access any feature right now, I'm not sure, if the phone is charging - when I plug it in, the orange light turns on, but when I unplug, the light stays on. Bootloader won't start, but when I press both volume buttons and power button, the phone vibrates 3 times, green light turns on, and thats all.
If you need more info, please ask.
Any help is appreciated, thank you.

coolyahya

Account currently disabled
Oct 25, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
You were recovering official ROM from the RUU? This should not result in your device being bricked.
Please try removing the battery for about 10 seconds, then press Vol Dn+Power button and a partial bootloader showing RUU failed or a similar error should open.
Then connect your phone to your PC and again run the Official RUU Setup.

Hit "Thanks" if I helped you. Also click "Donate to me" on the left if u wanna give something in return

Aug 25, 2012
You were recovering official ROM from the RUU? This should not result in your device being bricked.
Please try removing the battery for about 10 seconds, then press Vol Dn+Power button and a partial bootloader showing RUU failed or a similar error should open.
Then connect your phone to your PC and again run the Official RUU Setup.

Hit "Thanks" if I helped you. Also click "Donate to me" on the left if u wanna give something in return

Hi, thanks, nothing happens when I push down volume down and power buttons, even after removing batteries. I believe something is actually happening ,but nothing shows on the screen, because when I push volume down and power, and then I plug in the power cable, the orange light does not turn on, while when I plug it in without the combination, it does turn on.
I think that was an official Rom, because I've used it before, and my phone was not rooted afterwards - I did this successfully two times before. However, I recovered it from SD card (pd98img zip copied on the ssd).

Maybe you can try it...just try let the charge is plug in...n leave it be for a hour maybe...don't try to turn on the phone..
After a hour you can try unplug the charge...and remove your battery first...then put it in again...then try power on with pressing volume down+power button..just let see if this time the phone can go to bootloader or not..

Hope this can help..

Sent from my HTCSensation using Tapatalk

Aug 25, 2012
Maybe you can try it...just try let the charge is plug in...n leave it be for a hour maybe...don't try to turn on the phone..
After a hour you can try unplug the charge...and remove your battery first...then put it in again...then try power on with pressing volume down+power button..just let see if this time the phone can go to bootloader or not..

Hope this can help..

Sent from my HTCSensation using Tapatalk

No luck there :/

1am570yl3z

Mar 19, 2013
I appear to be having similar problems with it not turning on. when i plug in the charger i get no orange light atall.. if i leave it plugged in (usually within 1hr to 2) eventually it will boot to custom recovery and from there i can reboot the phone and will boot to android. but it does not last very long atall usually about 30mins. have reset battery stats from recovery but doesnt seem to help.

from what i can find online its dieing but can anyone advise on if it will be the battery or the phone itself???

i have just spent $30 fixing digitizer and lcd in the past month. if it is needing a new battery i will proberbly do that but if not it can go..
hope this may help with your problem or any other....

Aug 25, 2012
I appear to be having similar problems with it not turning on. when i plug in the charger i get no orange light atall.. if i leave it plugged in (usually within 1hr to 2) eventually it will boot to custom recovery and from there i can reboot the phone and will boot to android. but it does not last very long atall usually about 30mins. have reset battery stats from recovery but doesnt seem to help.

from what i can find online its dieing but can anyone advise on if it will be the battery or the phone itself???

i have just spent $30 fixing digitizer and lcd in the past month. if it is needing a new battery i will proberbly do that but if not it can go..
hope this may help with your problem or any other....

probably won't help my problem.
but to solve yours, download one of the apps that tells you how much battery health you have. You might also get a pretty good deal on a new battery from ebay