[Q] No modem partition in TWRP backup

Search This thread

DoughMucker

Sep 11, 2013
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hi,
I'm installed TWRP 2.7.0.0 via GooManager and that went smoothly. But when I went to do a nandroid backup, the modem partition isnt there. The other partitions (boot, system, cache, data, efs) are there. In "Mount" the modem partition wasn't mounted so I tried to mount it, but that didn't add it to the available partitions to backup either. Is it normal for the modem partition to be missing? How can I back it up?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
The modem is never backed up. All you need to back up are system, data, and boot

Edit, it would be good to backup only the efs partition once and store a copy off your phone in case that ever gets messed up

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited:
Reactions: DoughMucker

DoughMucker

Sep 11, 2013
Google Pixel 4 XL
The modem is never backed up. All you need to back up are system, data, and boot

Edit, it would be good to backup only the efs partition once and store a copy off your phone in case that ever gets messed up

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thanks. :good: It's a bit confusing as I see some posts talking about backing up modem with TWRP....and other posts talking about grabbing a modem file from a developers thread and using that. I guess I'll go with the latter based on your large number of posts and >2000 Thanks received. :fingers-crossed:

furbyx92

Jan 12, 2012
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy A23
Thanks. :good: It's a bit confusing as I see some posts talking about backing up modem with TWRP....and other posts talking about grabbing a modem file from a developers thread and using that. I guess I'll go with the latter based on your large number of posts and >2000 Thanks received. :fingers-crossed:

Trust him, a modem don't need backup because it never been touched, only Odin can touch and modify modem when you flash a stock ROM

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my Nexus 5