Dzo's Aurora ICS for u8800 - General Discussion

Search This thread

AceDroidX

May 18, 2011
Athens
I've got the latest 4.1 (update 1a). When I restart the phone it doesn't see the external SD card. If I go to 'Storage', the 'mount' option is disabled. It behaves as if there is no sd card inside. The only way to fix is to remove the back cover, remove the sd and insert it again. At that point the phone mounts it automatically. The problem appears again after restart. Any permanent fix?

Well, reinserting it is a perma fix. Maybe you have dropped your phone and it got moved or your sd card holder is a bit dusty. :p

Sent from my U8800

Reactions: crapa

crapa

Sep 12, 2012
Are you using CWM 5.5.0.4 or 5.0.2.7? Please use 5.5.0.4, it fixes storage mount problems...

I am already using 5.5.0.4

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Well, reinserting it is a perma fix. Maybe you have dropped your phone and it got moved or your sd card holder is a bit dusty. :p

Sent from my U8800

Re-inserting is not a permanent fix. The phone is handled very gently (haven't dropped it yet...). The SD used to work fine with the official 2.2 I had before.

crapa

Sep 12, 2012
Are you using CWM 5.5.0.4 or 5.0.2.7? Please use 5.5.0.4, it fixes storage mount problems...

Already using 5.5.0.4

Here are some more facts:
1) When re-booting the phone, the SD mount works OK
2) When switch off and on again, the SD is NOT mounting
3) Here is a solution I have found in another forum here at xda. I did this twice and worked OK both times:
a) Boot in ClockworkMod Recovery
b) Go to Advanced and press 'Reboot Recovery'
c) After reboot to recovery, select 'Reboot System'
d) Now to SD mount works

Does all the above help you understand the problem and maybe give me a better solution?

Thanks

Last edited:

pipoawas

Apr 18, 2010
First of all thanks for your answers !

about A3 - i only have 3 or 4 small games installed, and what is sd card doesn't have much app, but i will format ;)

aA4 the button is there, i click on it and there isn't no reaction, it's stay kind of grey like it's processing, but the data in internal memory it's the same.

aA1 sometimes it works power on/off, but just sometimes, i allready change the policy but it's exactly the same.

an about Q2, do you have wifi signal in places with your pc that you don't have with your x5?

I'm grateful for your atenttion ;)

How much time do you wait for the button to be available again? Notice that sometimes the phone is calculating the the amount of cache, data, etc in their partitions.
After a while, does the button turn to "move back to phone" or somrething?
I don't know for how long you have that rom, or what other stuff You did in it, but you may need to reinstall it again.
As for Q2, I get wifi in my whole house, and a little in my garden (opposite side from where the router is)

Last edited:

crapa

Sep 12, 2012
How to disable haptics for the 4 soft keys?

I have the latest 4.1 (update 1a) and an atmel screen.
Is there any way to disable the haptic feedback of the soft keys (the 4 touch keys at the bottom of the phone)?

Last edited:

kickban

Feb 17, 2012
Xiaomi Redmi 5
TCL Plex
hello.. I think my GPS is a bit slow... I don't have a data plan... what does GPS.conf? can I replace it with somekind of new version.? I am from Portugal

Sent from my U8800 using xda app-developers app

fjsferreira

Nov 16, 2009
Ponta Delgada
Xiaomi Mi 11i
Already using 5.5.0.4

Here are some more facts:
1) When re-booting the phone, the SD mount works OK
2) When switch off and on again, the SD is NOT mounting
3) Here is a solution I have found in another forum here at xda. I did this twice and worked OK both times:
a) Boot in ClockworkMod Recovery
b) Go to Advanced and press 'Reboot Recovery'
c) After reboot to recovery, select 'Reboot System'
d) Now to SD mount works

Does all the above help you understand the problem and maybe give me a better solution?

Thanks

Strange... the problem you describe is exactly what cwm 5.5.0.4 should fix... try the touch cwm 6 and report back please.

Sent from my Huawei U8800

j0a0

Mar 3, 2012
Alem tejo
I have the latest 4.1 (update 1a) and an atmel screen.
Is there any way to disable the haptic feedback of the soft keys (the 4 touch keys at the bottom of the phone)?

Here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22441182
On version 2.09 changelog.

Version 2.09
... add haptic feedback for atmel touchscreens (to disable, put "echo 0 > /sys/module/atmel_i2c_rmi_QT602240/parameters/vibrate" at the end of /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh)
Sent from my U8800 using Tapatalk 2

entrapmen

Jul 8, 2011
I've got the latest 4.1 (update 1a). When I restart the phone it doesn't see the external SD card. If I go to 'Storage', the 'mount' option is disabled. It behaves as if there is no sd card inside. The only way to fix is to remove the back cover, remove the sd and insert it again. At that point the phone mounts it automatically. The problem appears again after restart. Any permanent fix?

Try fix permissions in cwm.

Sent from my U8800

crapa

Sep 12, 2012

I have tried that, I rebooted after the change but it did not work.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Try fix permissions in cwm.

Sent from my U8800

I tried ''fix permition' in cwm but it did not work.

crapa

Sep 12, 2012
Strange... the problem you describe is exactly what cwm 5.5.0.4 should fix... try the touch cwm 6 and report back please.

fjsferreira, can you please answer these?
a) download link for cwm 6?
b) do I install this like cwm 5.5.0.4, i.e. copy recovery.img over the existing?
c) is there any case to screw up my phone with cwm6 or is it fully compatible?

You see, I don't want to try it, if it's dangerous cause I don't have the experience to heal my phone in case it doesn't boot up.

Thank you so much.

fjsferreira

Nov 16, 2009
Ponta Delgada
Xiaomi Mi 11i
fjsferreira, can you please answer these?
a) download link for cwm 6?
b) do I install this like cwm 5.5.0.4, i.e. copy recovery.img over the existing?
c) is there any case to screw up my phone with cwm6 or is it fully compatible?

You see, I don't want to try it, if it's dangerous cause I don't have the experience to heal my phone in case it doesn't boot up.

Thank you so much.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1854742

Yes, installation is the same as 5.5.0.4, just replace the recovery.img.
I don't think it's dangerous, I'm using it without any problem, as this is a custom build for u8800... make a backup with your current recovery, if then it doesn't work, return to your current recovery... there shouldn't be any problems..

crapa

Sep 12, 2012
:-s maybe try with another sdcard? it seems hardware related, as most people don't have this issue...

When I installed Aurora, CWM 5.5.0.4 could not 'see' my exteranal SD card, so I copied the Aurora zip file in the internal SD card of the phone and did the install from there. Could this be the source of my problem?

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

:-s maybe try with another sdcard? it seems hardware related, as most people don't have this issue...

You are RIGHT. I tried with another card (Kingston 4GB class 4). I did 3 power offs & ons and the phone recognized the card all 3 times.
So there must be some incompatibility with IDEOS X5 + Aurora ICS 4.1 update 1a + Silicon Power 8GB class 4 (my card).
And I inlcude 'Aurora ICS' in the combination because with my previous ROM (original 2.2) I've never had a problem with my Silicon Power SD.

Thank you so much...!!!

Oto_Shan

Feb 28, 2012
How to use feature wi-fi max speed or battery saver in Aurora ICS 4.1?

Last edited:

crapa

Sep 12, 2012

I have found a temp solution to disable soft keys vibration for atmel screens. If you edit the file 'sys/module/atmel_i2c_rmi_QT602240/parameters/vibrate' and replace '30' with '0' the vibration goes away when you save the file.
But when you restart the phone the vibration is there again and the above file writes again '30'.
Probably there is a proccess during start up that creates this file with value '30'.
Any other ideas of how to disable this???

PaulMilbank

May 1, 2011
Auckland
add haptic feedback for atmel touchscreens (to disable, put "echo 0 > /sys/module/atmel_i2c_rmi_QT602240/parameters/vibrate" at the end of /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh)

if you edit the "/system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh" file and type "echo 0 > /sys/module/atmel_i2c_rmi_QT602240/parameters/vibrate" at the very end of the file, it should keep haptic feedback off. If you do it on your computer, just copy and paste, then put it on your phone and copy it to the right location. Otherwise type it very carefully using a root file browser. Try es file explorer in root mode with the es text editor.

Reactions: crapa

Top Liked Posts