[VM/PRIMOC][RECOVERY] TWRP2 Recovery 7-10-2012

Search This thread

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I'm not entirely sure who is building these, maybe they are just being automatically built by goo.im, but you can find new builds of TWRP2(latest one is 2.3.1.0 as of right now) over here: http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/primoc. I've flashed 2.3.1.0 and it is working perfectly on my VM PrimoC.

I figured many people may not even know about these, seeing as the OP has not been updated in a while. Can you shed some light on this, JMZ?

It is officially supported and that's why it keeps updating in goo app. I need to update op to reflect this

Sent from my PK7630000 using xda premium

aaronrw

Nov 16, 2011
A TOWN!
Is s - on the reason that goo won't install this recovery on it's own? I'm curious as I've tried several times :D

sentfromybrain

I'm not entirely sure who is building these, maybe they are just being automatically built by goo.im, but you can find new builds of TWRP2(latest one is 2.3.1.0 as of right now) over here: http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/primoc. I've flashed 2.3.1.0 and it is working perfectly on my VM PrimoC.

I figured many people may not even know about these, seeing as the OP has not been updated in a while. Can you shed some light on this, JMZ?

Yea I got that one but I pulled my off twrps site I haven't got dumb lock feature to work though has anyone else

Sent from my One V using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

andrewnelson23

May 25, 2012
Shawnee, OK
I just installed twrp 2.4, I like it a lot! What options should I choose for just a generic backup? Like when I used to backup in clockworkmod, it was good, but now it presents me with a bunch of options. What are the ones that clockworkmod backed up?

Second, am I able to restore from a backup made with clockworkmod?

Thanks.

demoport

Dec 29, 2012
I just installed twrp 2.4, I like it a lot! What options should I choose for just a generic backup? Like when I used to backup in clockworkmod, it was good, but now it presents me with a bunch of options. What are the ones that clockworkmod backed up?

Second, am I able to restore from a backup made with clockworkmod?

Thanks.

Clockworkmod backed up everything so....backup everything.

Second, no, clockworkmod backups are not compatible with TWRP, vice versa.

lilrob1213

Dec 20, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 7
Yes I had found 2.4 before, but should I make the switch? or just stay with what I've got?

btw andrewnelson23, did you install it via the goo manager app? or just download the recovery and flash it manually? and what recovery did you have before you switched?

andrewnelson23

May 25, 2012
Shawnee, OK
So I backup the recovery as well?
I tried it by goo manager but that didn't work. I just fast boot flashed it.

Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

lilrob1213

Dec 20, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 7
I believe the backup settings for mine are just System, Data, and Boot... the other options aren't checked or "X"ed out and I usually enavle compression but Idk if it's worth it or not?

anything special you have to do before fastboot flashing the .img?

EDIT: I went into recovery and that's what was selected

Last edited:

demoport

Dec 29, 2012
So I backup the recovery as well?
I tried it by goo manager but that didn't work. I just fast boot flashed it.

Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

There is no need to backup recovery, cache, or boot. Since our devices are S-ON, you can't restore boot or recovery anyway, and cache is built when you boot your device.

lilrob1213 said:
anything special you have to do before fastboot flashing the .img?

Nope. You don't have to do anything other than fastboot flash recovery when changing recoveries or updating it.

Last edited:

lilrob1213

Dec 20, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 7
There is no need to backup recovery, cache, or boot. Since our devices are S-ON, you can't restore boot or recovery anyway, and cache is built when you boot your device.

Nope. You don't have to do anything other than fastboot flash recovery when changing recoveries or updating it.

Thanks for the reply so if I flash the new recovery will it wipe my data? or will it keep all my stuff in my rom intact? games and such

andrewnelson23

May 25, 2012
Shawnee, OK
Just a heads up on twrp web site they have 2.4.0 for us cdma I'm running a few things r changed but factory reset still produces errorwhen trying to wipe sd-ext

Sent from my primoc using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

I'd imagine that's because you don't have an sd-ext partition on your sdcard? If you had one, it would wipe the ext partition on your sdcard. Since you don't, it just prints that error and continues on. No big deal, really.

jaredl45600

Dec 18, 2012
I had issues with new version. I had to downgrade back to the 2. Version

Sent from my HTC One V using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */

*YOU NEED TO BE HTC UNLOCKED TO FLASH A CUSTOM RECOVERY!!!!!!*
    If you are ONLY HTC unlocked you will need to follow the fastboot method to install, if you are HTC unlocked AND rooted, you can use the goo manager method.

Special credits:
    toastcfh for assisting me in getting this working
    Dees_Troy for the amazing work on TWRP 2.1
    Full TeamWin credits are on the TWRP page on the TeamWin website: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project 2.1, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Hoge.png

Key Features:

• Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    • XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout – true theming!
    • Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    • Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    • Ability to choose to compress backups – now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)

What's new in 2.1:

• Zip queuing as seen in TWRP 1.1.x is back
    • Slider control (swipe to confirm most actions aka swipe to wipe)
    • Lockscreen (with slider to unlock)
    • Basic file manager (copy, move, delete, and chmod any file)
    • Added support for devices with /data/media (most Honeycomb tablets, new ICS devices like Galaxy Nexus)
    • Displays sizes of each partition in the backup menu
    • Added listbox GUI element (currently used for listing time zones)
    • Updated stock XML layouts to be more consistent and easier to port to different resolutions
    • XML layout files are significantly smaller
    • Partitions available backup are more accurate for some devices
    • Removed unneeded error messages (/misc errors, unable to stat sd-ext, etc.)
    • Fixed a bug with blkid detection code
    • Fixed bug where a blank line was inserted between every line of text during zip installs
    • Fixed a bug during zip installs where an invalid zip would cause TWRP to get stuck in the zip install
    • Added setting for themers to toggle simulation mode to make theming easier
    • New devices added - Galaxy Nexus GSM & CDMA (preview only, manual install), Acer Iconia Tab A500, HTC Vivid, Motorola Defy
    • Added support for .jpg images in the theme engine
    • Changed images for stock tablet theme - makes tablet builds about 500KB smaller
    • Removed unneeded non-GUI images from GUI - makes all builds about 100KB smaller
    In addition to the above new features, TWRP 2.1.0 now features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe cache & dalvik, and run a backup.

Theming:

Information on TWRP 2 Theming - http://teamw.in/project/twrp2themers

Instructions
    "fastboot flash recovery twrprecovery.img" in fastboot

Download
    Can anyone upload this? I just rooted my phone.

Here's the recovery file:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n1iu92wpyba9s95
    Just a heads up on twrp web site they have 2.4.0 for us cdma I'm running a few things r changed but factory reset still produces errorwhen trying to wipe sd-ext

Sent from my primoc using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

I'd imagine that's because you don't have an sd-ext partition on your sdcard? If you had one, it would wipe the ext partition on your sdcard. Since you don't, it just prints that error and continues on. No big deal, really.
    I did some testing and the One V will never be able to use dumlock. One V is more locked down that the EVO LTE, One S and One X.
    It's currently broken because recovery is too large. It needs to be rebuilt with a stripped kernel to make it smaller

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium