[Q] Which kernel/ROMS support > 4GB camera files

Search This thread

mycall0

Nov 29, 2011
I am trying to find the right ROM which would let me take > 33 min videos with the camera. I am trying Chemistry ROM now (LJ7, android 4.1.1).. while it is working with my exFAT formatted SD card, the camera stops @ 4.2GB file size.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated for a webcast I'm doing soon.

mycall0

Nov 29, 2011
In case anyone falls upon this same problem, I found a better solution. Instead of using exFAT, use NTFS. It is better supported on all platforms. Simply format the card with NTFS on any modern Windows machine. Then search and install Paragon NTFS on Google Play. It will simply work.

I am trying to find the right ROM which would let me take > 33 min videos with the camera. I am trying Chemistry ROM now (LJ7, android 4.1.1).. while it is working with my exFAT formatted SD card, the camera stops @ 4.2GB file size.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated for a webcast I'm doing soon.

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Re: [Q] Which kernel/ROMS support > 4GB camera files

In case anyone falls upon this same problem, I found a better solution. Instead of using exFAT, use NTFS. It is better supported on all platforms. Simply format the card with NTFS on any modern Windows machine. Then search and install Paragon NTFS on Google Play. It will simply work.

I was about to suggest that it probably has to do with your card being formatted to some sort of FAT filesystem....but anyway, nice :good:
Put "SOLVED" in your threads title, thanks ;)