THEME - Iconic RedDroid - UPDATED 02/04/2012

Search This thread

drt054

Jan 8, 2011
Cleveland, OH
This is Iconic RedDroid (previously Iconic Red GingerDroid but was tired of the long name).. a theme by drt054 for MTMICHAELSON's brilliant GingerVolt 1.3 ROM.

I don't feel like going through the whole story so here are the highlights....

Copied the contacts.apk and phone.apk from Steel BlueVolt and colored them because I am lazy but it looks sweet I think. I will work on something better for ICS.

New Status bar/pull down notifications.

New Toggles in notifications (well not new, pulled form Revolt 1.5.. thank you MT but better than lg/default crap!!)

Didn't change default_wallpaper because it is a pain in the ass so instead I installed a bunch of red wallpapers to /sdcard/_ExternalSD/wallpapers that are pretty sweet and I am sure you are perfectly capable of changing yourself. I just got them by googling Android Red Pictures, so no *****ing I didn't site where they came from because I don't care..

Only issue is if you have an ongoing notification like Weather Bug it may have it's own notification layout (but other apps may default to RED) so it will be black font unless you change it yourself in the individual apk. But I am not changing it because I think it looks great and if you press on it it will highlight and you can see it perfectly. Most of everything else should be in RED #ffff0000 which is the theme..

ENJOY.. if you truely like it.. give me a "THANKS" below!!! :D
(if not then just go away quietly)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50763513/Iconic RedDroid.zip

AS USUAL :) thanks to BEAMER, KaneOfMars, MTMichaelson, SPC_Hicks09 and rest of the IRC peeps for help along the way!!!!

Forgot the usual.. YES you have to be rooted. YES you have to be running GingerVolt1.3 ROM. YES download to /sdcard/_ExternalSD and flash through Clockworkmod Recovery.

Attachments

• shot_000005.jpg
    shot_000005.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 132
  • shot_000006.jpg
    shot_000006.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 125
  • shot_000007.jpg
    shot_000007.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 4738-droid-red-sphere-3d-wallpapers.jpg
    4738-droid-red-sphere-3d-wallpapers.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 104
  • androidcubesred.jpg
    androidcubesred.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Android-Wallpaper-DARK-RED-C.jpg
    Android-Wallpaper-DARK-RED-C.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 1801230.jpg
    1801230.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

bhp117

Oct 22, 2011
los angeles
Just flashed it and it looks great
Love the new battery icon, 4Glte red back ground when it down/uploading and the droid on the pull down menu that's a nice touch

Thanx for the hard work

SuperCharged GingerVoltB-) R U?

Haro912

Jul 27, 2011
Pittsburgh
Looks awesome. I need to make one of my own before someone takes my idea lol. Theme app has to come first though.

drt054

Jan 8, 2011
Cleveland, OH
Just flashed it and it looks great
Love the new battery icon, 4Glte red back ground when it down/uploading and the droid on the pull down menu that's a nice touch

Thanx for the hard work

SuperCharged GingerVoltB-) R U?

Thanks.. the 3G and 1x icon does the same thing.

sent from my LG GingerVolt powered by MTM :D

drt054

Jan 8, 2011
Cleveland, OH
Iconic Red GingerDroid appears to work fully with GingerVolt 1.2 you will probably just have to throw away your widgets and re-set them. I will still post an update if anybody is still interested in this.. lol

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
Iconic Red GingerDroid appears to work fully with GingerVolt 1.2 you will probably just have to throw away your widgets and re-set them. I will still post an update if anybody is still interested in this.. lol

mt made a change in systemui.apk in gingervolt 1.2
All you have to do is replace the file classes.dex and you're good to go.

Can we flash from ICK?

Gingervolted!!!!!

You shouldn't have any problems when switching between themes
Just do your usual dalvik and cache wipes to be safe.

Sent from my Ginger Kangwich Bryce Device

Last edited:

drt054

Jan 8, 2011
Cleveland, OH
mt made a change in systemui.apk in gingervolt 1.2
All you have to do is replace the file classes.dex and you're good to go.

You shouldn't have any problems when switching between themes
Just do your usual dalvik and cache wipes to be safe.

Sent from my Ginger Kangwich Bryce Device

Yeah, did that and now the transparency in my notification menu went completely opaque.. I am back in the kitchen, hoping it will fix

indyred99

Sep 19, 2011
Chicopee
I like the theme. Maybe use a honeycomb battery instead I like the look of those. Besides that it looks great.

Gingervolted!!!!!

drt054

Jan 8, 2011
Cleveland, OH
I like the theme. Maybe use a honeycomb battery instead I like the look of those. Besides that it looks great.

Gingervolted!!!!!

thx for feedback.. not a honeycomb fan to begin with.. all they did was put a tablet UI over Gingerbread. If you want to check that, just decrease the LCD density to 180 or less I think it is and you will have GB. Maybe on next one. This has 100 Battery icons and 100 charging icons.. can't get more accurate than that!!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is Iconic RedDroid (previously Iconic Red GingerDroid but was tired of the long name).. a theme by drt054 for MTMICHAELSON's brilliant GingerVolt 1.3 ROM.

I don't feel like going through the whole story so here are the highlights....

Copied the contacts.apk and phone.apk from Steel BlueVolt and colored them because I am lazy but it looks sweet I think. I will work on something better for ICS.

New Status bar/pull down notifications.

New Toggles in notifications (well not new, pulled form Revolt 1.5.. thank you MT but better than lg/default crap!!)

Didn't change default_wallpaper because it is a pain in the ass so instead I installed a bunch of red wallpapers to /sdcard/_ExternalSD/wallpapers that are pretty sweet and I am sure you are perfectly capable of changing yourself. I just got them by googling Android Red Pictures, so no *****ing I didn't site where they came from because I don't care..

Only issue is if you have an ongoing notification like Weather Bug it may have it's own notification layout (but other apps may default to RED) so it will be black font unless you change it yourself in the individual apk. But I am not changing it because I think it looks great and if you press on it it will highlight and you can see it perfectly. Most of everything else should be in RED #ffff0000 which is the theme..

ENJOY.. if you truely like it.. give me a "THANKS" below!!! :D
    (if not then just go away quietly)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50763513/Iconic RedDroid.zip

AS USUAL :) thanks to BEAMER, KaneOfMars, MTMichaelson, SPC_Hicks09 and rest of the IRC peeps for help along the way!!!!

Forgot the usual.. YES you have to be rooted. YES you have to be running GingerVolt1.3 ROM. YES download to /sdcard/_ExternalSD and flash through Clockworkmod Recovery.