[Q] XT883 radio image/fastboot for [SELFKANG ICS/CM9 ROM Alpha #5] GSM AT&T/T-Mobile?

Search This thread
Dec 20, 2010
[Q] XT883 radio image/fastboot for [SELFKANG ICS/CM9 ROM Alpha #5] GSM AT&T/T-Mobile?

So i was Wondering if its Possible to Flash the XT883 radio image to HashCode's ICS/CM9 Rom Alpha #5 and do a build.prop tweek or so.. so we can have use of AT&T and T-Mobile just like you can do on the Stock Moto XT862 rom or The 2.0 Liberty Rom

My Droid 3 is Unlock and I am using Simple Mobile witch is on T-Mobile's Network
it Has Work Fine with Liberty 2.0 and stock Moto Rom i Have try the flashing method on ICS/CM9 but for some reason it wont give me the option to switch to GSM/UMTS on Network settings I have also try going to *#*#4636#*#* and switching is to GSM Only and Nothing Seems to happen, to me it seems like its not Flashing the Radio but not sure... Has any one try doing this?

Reactions: BenSWoodruff

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
When you flash a rom its only flashing /system. Your radio.img should stay intact. However cm9 afaik still has issues with gsm, regardless of which radio.img you have

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium

Same results here. I been trying to get an ICS rom to run with the XT883 radio since I use Straight Talk (Wally's AT$T). But to no avail thus far. If anyone has managed to get them both to work, simultaneously I mean, help me into the "know". Thanks All........:D

kapilthio

Apr 16, 2010
Katni, Madhya Pradesh
For CM9, and Verizon Stock ROM to work with GSM:

Replace radio of XT883 into XT862 ROM using Fastboot. Install Safestrap if you want to flash CM9.

After flash the ROM in Safestrap (Don't ask me how to safestrap, Google it), replace the /system/lib/libmoto_ril.so & /system/etc/ppp/peers/pppd-ril.option with xt883's, edit /system/build.prop, changes:

ro.mot.eri=1 >>> ro.mot.eri=0
ro.cdma.nbpcd=1 >>> ro.cdma.nbpcd=0
ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc = 1 >>> ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc = 0
ro.cdma.home.operator.isnan=1 >>> ro.cdma.home.operator.isnan=0

find ro.kernel.android.ril=yes, and append these 2 lines below that:
persist.ril.rssi.enable.param6 = 1
persist.ril.baudrate=230400

reboot,then in dialler input *#*#4636#*#*,select Phone Information -> GSM Only (PRL) & same in Wireless & Networks.

Remember most custom ROM are Rooted. For Stock ROM Google for Moto_Fail or Droid 4 exploit and use them.

Dec 20, 2010
One quick question where can i find the /system/lib/libmoto_ril.so & /system/etc/ppp/peers/pppd-ril files do i grab them from a xt883 OTA/Rom? or what? I am trying to do this it with ICS/CM9, Not stock Rom.

Reactions: farside268

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So i was Wondering if its Possible to Flash the XT883 radio image to HashCode's ICS/CM9 Rom Alpha #5 and do a build.prop tweek or so.. so we can have use of AT&T and T-Mobile just like you can do on the Stock Moto XT862 rom or The 2.0 Liberty Rom

My Droid 3 is Unlock and I am using Simple Mobile witch is on T-Mobile's Network
    it Has Work Fine with Liberty 2.0 and stock Moto Rom i Have try the flashing method on ICS/CM9 but for some reason it wont give me the option to switch to GSM/UMTS on Network settings I have also try going to *#*#4636#*#* and switching is to GSM Only and Nothing Seems to happen, to me it seems like its not Flashing the Radio but not sure... Has any one try doing this?
    One quick question where can i find the /system/lib/libmoto_ril.so & /system/etc/ppp/peers/pppd-ril files do i grab them from a xt883 OTA/Rom? or what? I am trying to do this it with ICS/CM9, Not stock Rom.