GalaxyICS ROM for Gio, Ace, Fit, Mini, Spica

Search This thread

phayz

Mar 2, 2012
I am having trouble on this phone but I'm not sure just what the problem might be. I first started with this ROM from Beta 6 and my experience with that was good, especially with the phone being very responsive.

Since then I have tried Beta 7 and Beta 8 and for both of these I have found that I get lag with just about everything. In flashing a newer version of the ROM I have usually done a factory reset and when I went to Beta 8 I didn't do that.

I have just gone back to Beta 6 and am finding that it is also laggy and I don't know what to do. It's unlikely that it's a fault with the ROM but instead something I'm doing with the phone.

I have overclocked the phone but only to 844 MHz, over the standard 800 MHz, so I don't see that this could be the cause of the problem. Aside from that I have also tried a few governors and have not seen a difference in switching governors.

Does any have any suggestions as to what might be causing the lag?

AlwaysDroid

Mar 17, 2012
Edmonton
^^ i have noticed that right after i flash the rom the app drawer lags alot but after i use it for a day it becomes superfast. It's weird, but that's how it has seemed to work for me, even since beta 4. Also, i think the stock clock speed is 787, not actually 844. but your overclock is not the problem, it is exactly the same as mine.

andreim3

Dec 8, 2011
So right now.. i don`t know what ROM to use untill ICS.. will be on a stable version.. CM7 in my point lags, and its unstable, stock ROM is... stock ROM, Giopro..BNC.. i tested every ROM for Gio, and the best from my point is CM9..but for me right now isnt what i want.. after a few days of using, a few crash, lags.. etc etc
Can someone tell a ROM for daily use? Goond on stability after days of use?

xzaxox

Dec 20, 2011
So right now.. i don`t know what ROM to use untill ICS.. will be on a stable version.. CM7 in my point lags, and its unstable, stock ROM is... stock ROM, Giopro..BNC.. i tested every ROM for Gio, and the best from my point is CM9..but for me right now isnt what i want.. after a few days of using, a few crash, lags.. etc etc
Can someone tell a ROM for daily use? Goond on stability after days of use?

Even if you say that cm7 lags I still suggest you to try this. It has some tweaks already in it and when I used it it was very fast. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1409932 Don't let the name fool you :p

And I think it never crashed when I used it.

andreim3

Dec 8, 2011
You right, i tested this ROM long ago.. i forgot about it. Thank you!
In Cy4noobsMod-7.1.3.1,works semitransparent statusbar?

Last edited:
I flashed beta8 yesterday and everything was alright for a couple of hours. Then performance and stability started to degrade fast up to a point of not being able to enter the PIN code (after pressing OK the phone blacked out and asked for PIN again).

Can't post a detailed bug report as I have zero experience in Android development or administration.

Moved back to CM7.2.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using XDA App

manpildo

Dec 21, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A1
Redmi Note 9 Pro
^^ i have noticed that right after i flash the rom the app drawer lags alot but after i use it for a day it becomes superfast. It's weird, but that's how it has seemed to work for me, even since beta 4. Also, i think the stock clock speed is 787, not actually 844. but your overclock is not the problem, it is exactly the same as mine.

I believe that in a day it builds cache for faster scrolling or smth like that.

xzaxox

Dec 20, 2011
You right, i tested this ROM long ago.. i forgot about it. Thank you!
In Cy4noobsMod-7.1.3.1,works semitransparent statusbar?

I think it should work. But I never tested it. (Just downloaded file but never put it in phone :p) Don't forget "Thanks" button :p

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

What baseband you use beacause my wifi don't work even i flash wifi fix? :confused:

I think that wifi fix doesn't work anymore with beta 8. My baseband: S5660XXKS2.

Reactions: Android_Forever

voetbalremco

Inactive Recognized Developer
I think it should work. But I never tested it. (Just downloaded file but never put it in phone :p) Don't forget "Thanks" button :p

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

I think that wifi fix doesn't work anymore with beta 8. My baseband: S5660XXKS2.

Do you have continious reboots when connected to wifi??

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    But bluetooth is temporary broken. Are you interested?

Why don't you try to fix the bluetooth before release it ?? don't be rush mac, sorry i just give suggestion :D or maybe bluetooth will be fixed soon like installing a 'patch' ?
    This kind of post is really making me sad
    send by an 42y old gio junkie™

So are yours. He is reporting a bug with all info needed. Maclaw and team can use the info of they want or not. All you do is saying ,this or that isnt working???????????
    No logcat or kmesg wtf u want devs to do with that? Only thing your doing is spamming the thread and filling it with useless replies.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
    i seems the boot logo doesn't work,what's the probloem?
    There is actually a really long and elaborate story regarding this exact situation....

Once upon a time there was a user who couldn't read the thread so he posted questions that had already been answered several times. Other users saw that his laziness was paying off and decided they would stop reading the thread as well.

It got to the point where the Kings of the kingdom got so sick of answering the same stupid questions over and over again that they killed themselves and the users all suffered.

The next time a developer graced the kingdom the users all promised they would read the thread or use the search tool to find their answers, they lied!

The end.

TLDR version: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... READ THE THREAD A COUPLE OF PAGES BACK

While I am telling stories, here is a strange one about my gio - After doing the full format and sdcard erase and reflashing beta 6...first time I got the black screen on boot which i expected without the boot logo, after removing a bunch of system apps and doing my general customisation I saw that the boot animation has returned every time I reboot!? Anybody know why?

Maclaw please fix gallery :(

How about you use Quickpic?
    uploadfromtaptalk1335722152609.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1335722173882.jpg
    Me and my memes :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (not really, just my gio with ics)
    I know but Quickpic is very bad

Quickpic is much better than gallery, faster, we can "hide" folders, etc... :rolleyes: