Official Jelly Bean for XT910 Confirmed by Motorola

Search This thread
Motorola updated their Android Software Update News page today with good news for XT910 owners worldwide. You might remember if you checked the page before, XT910 wasn't even mentioned with a possible update. Anyways, that has changed today. We're getting official Android 4.1 update. Eventhough we don't know when ! :good:

As a sidenote, It would be early to become happy until they deliver the update cause in motorolas' update cases, promises could be broken easily and relentlessly. That's why i am adding a proof for future reference.

2iqbudf.png

I would love to get the update as soon as possible but Q1 of 2013 is fine for me. :cool:

romdroid.

Jul 27, 2010
So ****ing good news! :D Let's hope we receive it as soon as possible because the jump from ICS -> JB is not as big as GB -> ICS

Last edited:
Reactions: bocalocurasincura

DrUnKenSTeiN

Oct 11, 2008
Thats good news. The "for select countries and carriers" isn't what i really wanted to read. Lets hope this time they will deliver fast. /me crosses fingers.

vzscrd

Jun 2, 2009
Roxas City
Yehaa now this is what i have been waiting for... At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel hahaha thank you Moto...but please what about bootloader unlock for us GSM users?damn...

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
Woot!!! Nice moto :Dwell until then ics is fine by me actually.. ;)

And i feel that this update will be on the spot, no broken promises because the Galaxy Nexus with +/- same spec can handle Jelly Bean easily, why not Motorola ;)

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Duce43

Jul 30, 2012
Hi Guys, I would really appreciate some help with my XT910 to be able to get this update when it will be release. I managed to install the Rogers 4.04 leak some months ago when we were all waiting fot the OTA. Now, I think I wont be able to update with this version. How can I install the official version. Do I need to reinstall GB and do the OTA update? Thank you.

@Duce43,

You'll easily flash 4.1 when it's available..You shouldn't flash gingerbread stock roms anymore,once you're on ics you should only flash ics roms! Read the sticky threads !

We have great and talented free developers that develop our and their phones. More importantly motorola supporting our device to Android 4.1 I feel lucky where many good phones from other manufacturers didn't get official 4.1 , XT910 gets it. Thanks to Google and Motorola. Second hit like an early jb leak rom would be classy,too. :D

DrUnKenSTeiN

Oct 11, 2008
Hi Guys, I would really appreciate some help with my XT910 to be able to get this update when it will be release. I managed to install the Rogers 4.04 leak some months ago when we were all waiting fot the OTA. Now, I think I wont be able to update with this version. How can I install the official version. Do I need to reinstall GB and do the OTA update? Thank you.

What Semseddin said. Only it's not you "shouldn't". You MUST NOTt try to flash GB on your device. You can't go back to GB.

Btw i posted in Motorola Europe facebook the link Semseddin gave ,asking about the nonEFIGS version and today they posted it too. http://www.facebook.com/motorolaeurope?ref=ts&fref=ts

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Motorola updated their Android Software Update News page today with good news for XT910 owners worldwide. You might remember if you checked the page before, XT910 wasn't even mentioned with a possible update. Anyways, that has changed today. We're getting official Android 4.1 update. Eventhough we don't know when ! :good:

As a sidenote, It would be early to become happy until they deliver the update cause in motorolas' update cases, promises could be broken easily and relentlessly. That's why i am adding a proof for future reference.

2iqbudf.png

I would love to get the update as soon as possible but Q1 of 2013 is fine for me. :cool:
    this phone sucks balls...GSIII forever man

Forever? You mean 13 hour of fun? Yeah sure, we got double forever then ;)

Sent from my XT910 maxx using xda app-developers app
    this phone sucks balls...GSIII forever man

Very useful post, keep them coming :-[
    FTS 4.0?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda app-developers app
    All in all, in the end the carriers don't matter, I just want a functional JB leak from Motorola so the devs can work a Jelly Bean ROM with drivers and without bugs instead of the painful ports of ASOP/AKOP/CM10 we have now.