[Q] Volume Rocker

Search This thread

hassanmahmood

Jan 3, 2012
Is the volume rocker completely set in place or does it have a bit of a wiggle to it?

Mine is a little loose.

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Mine's as firm as a college girl. Don't think a little wiggle is something to worry about though.

Edit: That might come off creepy, but i'm not old, so it's okay guys, it's o.k.a.y.

Last edited:

hassanmahmood

Jan 3, 2012
Mine's as firm as a college girl. Don't think a little wiggle is something to worry about though.

Edit: That might come off creepy, but i'm not old, so it's okay guys, it's o.k.a.y.

My only worry is in terms of it potentially impacting the water proofing.

It is just a tiny wiggle - but definitely not completely firm.

nashcasten

Feb 12, 2014
My only worry is in terms of it potentially impacting the water proofing.

It is just a tiny wiggle - but definitely not completely firm.

I dropped my ZU last December... The whole Side panel where the volume rocker was placed got dinged and popped out... I removed the whole panel tried to fix it i but only made it worst... One thing i did notice was that the volume rocker is not connected with the water proofing since its the body of the ZU that's made water proof (where the aluminum panels are glued).

For weeks I went from one Xperia Store to another looking where I can get it repaired... And they directed me to the Xperia Distributor here in Manila w/c is also the one and only Sony Mobile Repair Center. I inquired about the Volume Rocker replace and Side Panel replacement it was roughtly $28USD for the side panel and another $18USD for the volume rocker... apparently the side panels were made of aluminum alloy... plus labor cost of $16USD since accidental damages aren't covered by the warranty.

Now to cut the story short I brought my phone to the repair center 3 hours later my phone was like new... Side Panels were back, the ding wasn't there. It looked brand new, the the great thing is that I only paid $16USD or 700php for the labor. The repair center told me they didn't replace anything they just had to glue things back and fix the dinged side panel.

Try taking or calling their repair center they might cover it under the warranty. Since its not accidentally damaged. They should cover it under factory defects.

Last edited: