"Klick" Problem after Speakers go off

Search This thread

lurchie85

Mar 22, 2009
Willingen
Hello together,

i don´t find a similar Thread for the One with my Speaker problems. So i start a new one:

I got the following problem:

When i play a Sound with my Phone after 2-3 seconds the Speakers do a "klack" Sound in front of the shut down.

example:

When i press Volumen + or - the Phone plays a Sound, around 2-3 seconds later the Speaker do a "klack".

the problem seems for me similar with the problems the Galaxy Nexus got.

Someone can confirm that?

serialtoon

May 25, 2006
I get that with my Nexus 4 and almost every other Android phone i have used. I can mostly only hear it if i used some sort of volume boosting mod/app or if i hold my phone close to my ear after a sound is played. I think its normal, but annoying.

firaX

Apr 30, 2008
München
Wow, i thought i was the only one. I have the same issue. After playing a sound file (ring tone, music, anything), if you put the speakers to your ear you can hear a shhhh sound, then a "click" which almost sounds like the speakers "turn off". For some reason the same sound sometimes appears when opening a music app (such as HTC Music), as in the speakers get turned on OR some sort of amplifier gets applied. Turning off beats audio doesn't help. I got O2 (germany), 1.27 Stock rom. I'm tempted to try 1.28 custom rom to see if it's a software bug, but i am a bit afraid i might need warranty to get this fixed...

shiningarmor

Jul 16, 2011
that is the sound of the amp / dac discharging. happens on my one x with and without earphones on

firaX

Apr 30, 2008
München
It's audible in a quiet environment when i have the phone close-ish to my face. Question is whether it's fixable via software update or whether i need hardware fix. I don't really feel like sending it in already...They'd probably say it is within tolerance anyhow.

I just wonder, tons of ppl complain about stuff such as "corner is too sharp, tiny gap etc", why don't more people complain about this noise if it is "normal"?

ste1164

Jan 16, 2010
Darlington
It's audible in a quiet environment when i have the phone close-ish to my face. Question is whether it's fixable via software update or whether i need hardware fix. I don't really feel like sending it in already...They'd probably say it is within tolerance anyhow.

I just wonder, tons of ppl complain about stuff such as "corner is too sharp, tiny gap etc", why don't more people complain about this noise if it is "normal"?

I have heard it's fixable by software :)

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Is it like the click of death heard when a hard drive is about to die? lol! Sorry just curious but don't have my HTC One yet.

Feb 8, 2011
You never had a decent amplifier, had you?
It's dedicated amp. All those devices "click" when turned on and off. There's nothing to be fixed, although the sound should be very quiet.

shiningarmor

Jul 16, 2011
Like I said, it's an amplifier turning off (and on as well to be precise - but usually this sound is more subtle).

i already said that. it should not be that loud

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

ah , it shouldnt be that loud too, unless you're using earphones and u hear the click then it's fine. but if hearing it without speakers, i think it is insulated badly. like i said, try emailing htc