[FEATURE REQUEST] Lockscreen blur & Lockscreen notifications

Search This thread

ThirdEye_01

Nov 6, 2012
What's wrong with DashClock? Haven't found even a single bug yet. The only problem i have with it is it can't be updated as you would if it wasn't inbuilt. Plus, if you want, there's Active Display for notifications.

Last edited:

NiXiNiX

Dec 22, 2009
The thread is pretty self explanatory. Before you flame me and tell me to use dashclock...Let's face it, dash clock is pretty buggy and doesn't integrate too well.

Anyone else.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

That's why I switched from omni to an unofficial nightly of carbon rom on my jfltexx a couple of days ago.
I would love to have blurred seethru lockscreen and of course lockscreen notifications on omni.

Just my 2 cents ;)

The thread is pretty self explanatory. Before you flame me and tell me to use dashclock...Let's face it, dash clock is pretty buggy and doesn't integrate too well.

Anyone else.

absolutely correct that is the reason i don't use dash-lock............ i usually go with NotifyMe application which is pretty good......... but lock-screen notification are much more handy........

...... hahahaa.....

nemolivier

Jul 11, 2010
Paris
Lockscreen Notifications have already been implemented from my team's work into Omni's gerrit. I'm sure it'll show up in a build soon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Anynews on this intégration ? The lack of lock screen integration is the only thing that keep me away from using omnirom (active display is far behind lockscreen notification).
Anylink to an official push request where I can vote ?

Thanks a lot for working on this integration.

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

UtkarshGupta

Nov 17, 2012
New Delhi
Anynews on this intégration ? The lack of lock screen integration is the only thing that keep me away from using omnirom (active display is far behind lockscreen notification).

You don't blindly vote for anything in gerrit.
You only vote for it if it works.

Lockscreen Notifications have already been implemented from my team's work into Omni's gerrit. I'm sure it'll show up in a build soon.

Edit: fix typo

Please leave link to your implementation.
AFAIK the only 2 lockscreen notifications implementation in our gerrit is mine and pulser's.
Pulser's is not quite so ready AFAIK. Mine is ready.
I am not doing a commitment but it should be merged by next week.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
We don't need active display and lock screen notifications

Sent from my N1 using Tapatalk

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
Not sure about active display, but we do need lsn.

Why you dont create a superior implementation that combines the advantages of both?
As you know - Omni is also about creating new "better" solutions to existing ones and
not only about adding stuff

Last edited:

tanqueta207

Sep 22, 2011

AFAIK the only 2 lockscreen notifications implementation in our gerrit is mine and pulser's.

What about this merge? I'm waiting for it for weeks now.... I also tried your temporary HOMEMADE version and it was awesome. Will be some day your notifications merged into OMNI official branch?
Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Anyone else.

This is on hold since L will bring that feature anyway
    so it doesnt make sense to invest time into something
    that will become obsolete soon
    1) no code maintainer that has convinced me to understand the code :)
    2) open issues - see gerrit
    3) teams decision to include or not

I'll push an update on lockscreen notifications soon. It will include some bug fixes and some cleanup. If you don't understand the code, just ask me, I still understand my code although I didn't look at it for about 2-3 months.

Edit: Update is there: https://github.com/David96/android_frameworks_base