Votes: 152 73.4%
  • ART

Votes: 55 26.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

kdd998

May 19, 2014
Rennes
Yes, same issue here. Already seen messages about this in this forum and even in the CyanogenMod forum for a device from HTC (evita I believe).

I came to the same conclusion: remove the last update. The same error already happened on previous versions from a year ago and even older. The only solution was to wait for a Google update.

Do you also have a similar problem with Google Search? I don't use it a lot so it's not a major problem.

I don't know if it's a Cyanogen bug or not...

Last edited:
D

darkarvan

Yes noticed it also on google app. Very strange issue.

Gesendet von meinem D5803 mit Tapatalk

Castor-designs

Aug 1, 2015
Hello there. I ended up in this thread because I wanted to repartion my HTC ville with installed cyanogenmod 12 and Hboot 2.15 (S-ON). I was told, that I had to install HBOOT 2.16 in terms of being able to increase my app storage from somewhat 2 GB to something like 4 GB (using the data storage). I furthermore learnt:
  • HBOOT 2.16 can only be flashed while in S-OFF mode,
  • HBOOT 2.16 requires some custom cyanogenmod packages, why I landed here.
So at this point I want to say thanks to F-L-Y-E-R, because it is hilarious that people support the community by their contribution in packages and guides.
Now what I do not understand is this:
  • why is this thread about CyanogenMod 11, when there is a 12 version which is more recent?
  • so if I flash to HBOOT 2.16 i have to rely on this very thread for updates? That would mean if F-L-Y-E-R, for whatever reason, would quit maintining this project, I could not get any updates anymore?
  • a bit offtopic: Why is this whole thing so complicated? Why does something (in my eyes) simple as repartioning an internal storage make me end up browsing through this thread with a custom cyanogenmod-package?

Thanks you very much for your support!

Last edited:
Reactions: Anselher

F-L-Y-E-R

Jan 15, 2011
London
Hello there. I ended up in this thread because I wanted to repartion my HTC ville with installed cyanogenmod 12 and Hboot 2.15 (S-ON). I was told, that I had to install HBOOT 2.16 in terms of being able to increase my app storage from somewhat 2 GB to something like 4 GB (using the data storage). I furthermore learnt:
  • HBOOT 2.16 can only be flashed while in S-OFF mode,
  • HBOOT 2.16 requires some custom cyanogenmod packages, why I landed here.
So at this point I want to say thanks to F-L-Y-E-R, because it is hilarious that people support the community by their contribution in packages and guides.
Now what I do not understand is this:
  • why is this thread about CyanogenMod 11, when there is a 12 version which is more recent?
  • so if I flash to HBOOT 2.16 i have to rely on this very thread for updates? That would mean if F-L-Y-E-R, for whatever reason, would quit maintining this project, I could not get any updates anymore?
  • a bit offtopic: Why is this whole thing so complicated? Why does something (in my eyes) simple as repartioning an internal storage make me end up browsing through this thread with a custom cyanogenmod-package?

Thanks you very much for your support!

Hello, thank you for good words. There is nothing really complicated in terms of releasing this specific version and it doesn't require huge modification to release it. There is only one change that I need to perform in order to make CyanogenMod compatible for HBOOT 2.16 and that change is officially released by CyanogenMod maintainers, everyone can access it and check it.

Regarding the maintenance: this thread is not supported anymore by me simply because CM11 is outdated and I don't think many people use it. Also if you don't know there is exactly the same thread for CyanogenMod 12.1 (Lollipop) so if you want an up to date Android you can find it on this forum.

P.S. If there are any people still using CM11 I have no problem releasing an updated NIGHTLY thanks to the contest on XDA-Developers where I won a dedicated server!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png
    CyanogenMod is an open source operating system which is based on the Android mobile platform (4.4.x 'KitKat'). It is developed as free and open source software based on the official releases of Android by Google, with added original and third-party code.

Installation instructions:
    • Make sure you are running Unofficial TWRP 2.8.7.1 or any other recovery compatible with hboot 2.16
    • Wipe dalvik cache, cache, *data (*=only if coming from another ROM)
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Open GApps or any other AOSP 4.4.4 compatible GApps
    • *fastboot flash boot boot.img (*=only if S-ON)
    NOTE: Don't install updates offered by OS as they are official updates and are not compatible with hboot 2.16

Screenshots
    24b3wy8.jpg

Downloads
    GDrives
    Google Drive

Kernel source: GitHub

FAQ​
    ART compatible​
    You can edit "build.prop" in sytem directory and change "lcd density" to 256​

XDA:DevDB Information
    UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 11, ROM for the HTC One S

Contributors
    cikoleko, mdmower
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: hboot 2.16

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: SNAPSHOT-M11
    Stable Release Date: 2014-10-10
    Current Beta Version: NIGHTLY
    Beta Release Date: 2016-03-17

Created 2014-01-26
    Last Updated 2016-03-17
    Hello, if there's anyone still using this ROM sorry for not adding new updates I'm abroad at the moment but probably will be back in couple of days.
    #Added 07/17 (Google Drive only)
    #Added 08/15
    #Not tested