Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5764281

jep0SZq36b51sEkVJRROaEgP85vON2Pu9kd5-WDVJtjmmntGlaIddYXCUSVO-PiSNf0w=w300-rw

Auto Pilot Mode
Current Version: 8.00

Auto Pilot Mode is a very lightweight tool to enable airplane mode. Battery rapidly drained when the phone is out of service/signal and tried to search for a signal to use. In order to prevent this battery drain, Auto Pilot Mode will detect when the signal is below a certain threshold. Once this threshold is met, airplane mode will be turned on for a specified amount of time. After this time, airplane mode is disabled and the checking process repeats.

Settings/Features Explained
  • Scheduling System - Automatically changes thresholds and times according to a schedule set by you (Great for when you sleep)
  • Threshold - This slider will determine the threshold of the signal. If the signal falls at or below this threshold, airplane mode is put into queue.
  • Pending Time - Specifies how long airplane mode is in queue for after the signal falls below threshold.
  • Airplane Time - Specifies how long airplane mode should be enabled before performing another check.
  • 3G/4G Basic Detection - First step toward mobile data support, checks whether you are connected to a network or not
  • Ignore If Charging - If the phone is charging, ignore the status of signal and never enable airplane mode
  • Only Disable Cell Service - When airplane mode is enabled, WiFi, Bluetooth, and all other forms of communication are untouched
  • Start on Boot - Start the service automatically when the phone boots on.
  • Prevent Call Drop - If you are receiving or initialing a call, the service is paused and airplane mode is not toggled until the call is finished.
  • Maintain User Airplane Mode - Keeps user toggled airplane mode until user manually disables airplane mode.
  • Hide Status Bar Icon - Hides the icon in the status bar
  • Remove Notification Buttons - Removes buttons from the notification
  • Display More Info In Notifications - Adds more information to the notification
  • Send Feedback - Allows users to send feedback to the developer. (Found in the menu)
  • Help Option - Explanations of each settings
  • Always Visible Menu

ScreenShots

1S1hgPBS-AF1xw0Du-lms9ulCQAAK2cDPIwX_G6G4hajr2FEZHd0JZeYRlBZXhqPjw=h400-rw
d7w7vNm3hpQ876s4vwMOmyaQPu9oQ34kPpuedFP1ubkptR0tCzsqsyPtFKpZIpGyQddg=h400-rw
sjXsL5asaDZprsFpJt5W6F9MSr8yGcQ4WOKE1-nBq6h_webVnl9x9nGLvxrIoIlQng=h400-rw

AZrzHZ20OuLQU7J5OBw_mP_3NkI8x9j0wNNbl8OGrkGcT8QN2o5l00sCtcOn8jvUX-k=h400-rw
m_7_NUfCLSPeCG8M-ta26fyHGWZihqNTzqIOZayvW8hK18rulqlWtEjSPr0PCXuk_Qa8=h400-rw

Known Issues
  • 3G/4G Detection (Advanced)
  • Translate to Spanish

Upcoming Development

Change Log
7.55 to 8.00

• Added: Progress bar
  • Added: Ignore if charging
  • Added: Ads

7.51 to 7.55

• Fixed: Non-Default Keyboard not changing values
  • Added: Vibration when airplane mode is toggled
  • Added: Ring when airplane mode is toggled
  • Added: App Stats

7.5 to 7.51

• Fixed: Always thinking the user enabled airplane mode when it was the app

7.4 to 7.5

• Fixed: Draining battery due to AlarmManager
  • Fixed: Ignoring user enabled airplane mode even if the setting is enabled
  • Modified: Reduced the amount of data sent via Send Anonymous Data

Download from the Play Store

Please leave a review and rate the app! Thank You!

Last edited by a moderator:

marwan.kallal

Mar 15, 2014
This is pretty awesome. There's not much service where I live, so this actually keeps my phone alive a little longer.

CarlosBattousai

Oct 11, 2011
Nyc
I've been trying to do this with Tasker and I haven't been able to make it work reliably, this app just made things simple!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zicoxx

Dec 26, 2010
finally..
I love this mind of app...
Thanks very much..
I install it,test and report my experience..

Gossamer1

May 21, 2012
this is definitely one of those apps that just makes you go wow I wonder why no one thought of this earlier.

As a person who likes to travel and often 2 wheels on back roads with sometime sketchy service this app will be appreciated.

:good:

zicoxx

Dec 26, 2010
i test it and it's works perfectly..on all my phones..N5,Lg P880,hd2 and ideos...
thanks again..
I would suggest to you if it's possible add an option that search signal (when aero mode is enable) on screen on,even bypassing timer..So when i wake up my phone automatically autopilot search signal if aero mode is on...

atomb

Apr 16, 2010
Denver
4G LTE

Any plans to add 4G/LTE support? The app seems to work great except when I'm connected to LTE. It seems to think I am out of service and enables airplane mode even when my LTE reception is great. On a Moto X on AT&T. Also the Moto X uses on screen keys, your app states that there is a menu but I can not access it as you don't have the 3 dots or hamburger menu for people without that key.

Last edited:

trevmar

Oct 30, 2010
not saying Google is or isn't... but I find it funny that people are so afraid of Google yet they have a Google based phone...

In my mind Google has become evil, Everywhere I travel, Google shuts down my Gmail account until I manually log in and admit that I am in that location. I don't think I am on any Govt surveillance list. Here is the latest mail I got from them, just a few days ago:

"Hi XXXXXX,
Someone recently used your password to try to sign in to your Google Account YYYYYY@gmail.com. This person was using an application such as an email, client or mobile device.

We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:
Friday, 28 March 2014 17:24:30 o'clock UTC
IP Address: 91.227.ZZZ.230

If you do not recognise this sign-in attempt, someone else might be trying to access your account. You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately.

Reset password link

If this was you and you are having trouble accessing your account, complete the troubleshooting steps listed at http://support.google.com/mail?p=client_login

Yours sincerely,
The Google Accounts team"

Last edited:

Fisher_AZ

Jun 26, 2013
Very interesting app !! Indeed one of those functionalities that really should have come pre-built in the OS.
I have just installed it, and thus haven't had a chance to test it myself - although I have no doubt it will work as advertised.

A few ideas for improvement come to mind immediately though:

1.) As others have already asked: an option to remove the status bar icon. Also, when an icon is present in the status bar and thus there is an entry in the notification queue, tapping on the notification message should have some useful purpose, like opening the app. Currently, tapping on the notification message doesn't seem to be doing anything.

2.) As others also have noted: for a user, it is a bit unclear what would be good threshold values. We rely on the developer to provide us with sensible initial/default values. Are GSM:3 and CDMA:-113 the best choices ? If so, it might be good to indicate in the app description that the app comes with sensible defaults. Also, a "restore thresholds to default values" button or menu item might be a useful addition.

3.) The option to restore WiFi is a nice bonus. However, the underlying issue is that the problem the app wants to address really doesn't require Airplane Mode, strictly speaking it only requires the cell radio to be shut down.
a.) Why would you even want to do that ? One might be in an area with really bad cell service, but still have access to a WiFi network (e.g. in a hotel in a very remote area, but even in cities: my battery sometimes drains just from being in a building with a special type of walls).
b.) And is it even technically possible ? This app (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=the.radioshutoff) is able to do it, and I can personally vouch that it works as advertised. Note that it may not be possible on all devices, as I suspect the different radios are integrated tighter in some devices than in others. That probably accounts for the very dichotomous ratings for that app.
Do you think you could implement this into your app ? The downside is that you might have to rename it ...

Anyway, this seems like a very useful little app with a lot of potential. Thanks for releasing it !! :good:

polaris68

Nov 27, 2012
I have being using this for a few hours and it seems to be working well at switching to aeroplane mode when the mobile signal is poor.

However it also seems to have switched off my wifi on a couple of occasions. Anyone else encounter this?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bait-Fish
D

Deleted member 5764281

is it possible a option can be added that the app icon can be disabled in status bar.?

I have debated whether to implement this on release and now that there has been a lot of talk, I will add an option to remove the icon on the status bar. I initially hoped to keep the icon there to remind users the app/service is running.

Congratz, its on XDA Portal Posts :D

btw is it possible to have option that only signal strength (-dBm) as the threshold but not the signal bar count..?
and if i may suggest please also add option to hide notification icon on status bar, aka app service will running on background.. ;)

Thanks and Regards

It has become clear to me that my app is a little on the confusing side. The CDMA Threshold slider is measured in -dBm, I just removed the "-". Also, the app does run in the background. Although it is considered "Perceptible", if Android is running low on memory and stops Auto Pilot Mode to release memory, Auto Pilot Mode will be able to automatically restart after memory becomes available by Android; however, I will look into checking the status of the app.

I'm not sure why you have Reserved this post, I'm assuming you will edit your post with a response to my app. I just want to make it clear that you're not the developer or that you have ever helped me in creating this app.

hi, please can you upload app attached on op for xda users?
(and those having problem with play.
thank you

Adding this app as an apk file to this thread will not help in future releases because I will be implementing Google's In-App Purchasing. It is required for the user to be linked to their Google Account in order to purchase from an app.

i test it and it's works perfectly..on all my phones..N5,Lg P880,hd2 and ideos...
thanks again..
I would suggest to you if it's possible add an option that search signal (when aero mode is enable) on screen on,even bypassing timer..So when i wake up my phone automatically autopilot search signal if aero mode is on...

It is impossible to search for a signal if Airplane Mode is enabled. Airplane mode disables all communication radios and does not receive or send any information.

Any plans to add 4G/LTE support? The app seems to work great except when I'm connected to LTE. It seems to think I am out of service and enables airplane mode even when my LTE reception is great. On a Moto X on AT&T. Also the Moto X uses on screen keys, your app states that there is a menu but I can not access it as you don't have the 3 dots or hamburger menu for people without that key.

My testing has been limited to only 2G, however, I will try my best to implement 3G and 4G detection as soon as possible. I will also add a menu button to the app.

Very interesting app !! Indeed one of those functionalities that really should have come pre-built in the OS.
I have just installed it, and thus haven't had a chance to test it myself - although I have no doubt it will work as advertised.

1.) As others have already asked: an option to remove the status bar icon. Also, when an icon is present in the status bar and thus there is an entry in the notification queue, tapping on the notification message should have some useful purpose, like opening the app. Currently, tapping on the notification message doesn't seem to be doing anything.

2.) As others also have noted: for a user, it is a bit unclear what would be good threshold values. We rely on the developer to provide us with sensible initial/default values. Are GSM:3 and CDMA:-113 the best choices ? If so, it might be good to indicate in the app description that the app comes with sensible defaults. Also, a "restore thresholds to default values" button or menu item might be a useful addition.

3.) The option to restore WiFi is a nice bonus. However, the underlying issue is that the problem the app wants to address really doesn't require Airplane Mode, strictly speaking it only requires the cell radio to be shut down.
a.) Why would you even want to do that ? One might be in an area with really bad cell service, but still have access to a WiFi network (e.g. in a hotel in a very remote area, but even in cities: my battery sometimes drains just from being in a building with a special type of walls).
b.) And is it even technically possible ? This app (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=the.radioshutoff) is able to do it, and I can personally vouch that it works as advertised. Note that it may not be possible on all devices, as I suspect the different radios are integrated tighter in some devices than in others. That probably accounts for the very dichotomous ratings for that app.
Do you think you could implement this into your app ? The downside is that you might have to rename it ...

Anyway, this seems like a very useful little app with a lot of potential. Thanks for releasing it !! :good:

Android versions above 4.1 should open the app when you touch the notification and not the buttons. Android versions 4.1 and below should toggle the service on and off if the notification is touched because there is not support for buttons in notifications until Android 4.2+. I has quickly come known to me that my app is rather confusing. I will attempt to write a more in-depth description and have an tutorial option in the menu. Lastly, I will look into better ways to implement what I am trying to do in a more effective manner.

I have being using this for a few hours and it seems to be working well at switching to aeroplane mode when the mobile signal is poor.

However it also seems to have switched off my wifi on a couple of occasions. Anyone else encounter this?

The "Recover WiFi" option will only re-enable wifi if the wifi was on before airplane mode was enabled. If this isn't happening, send me an email with more information regarding your situation.

Thank you all for the feedback! It is greatly appreciated!!!

Fisher_AZ

Jun 26, 2013
First off, thanks for the feedback on the feedback !!

I have debated whether to implement this on release and now that there has been a lot of talk, I will add an option to remove the icon on the status bar. I initially hoped to keep the icon there to remind users the app/service is running.

Your last sentence is an understandable concern, but the reality is that this kind of app ideally is one of those set-and-forget services. Many users (especially the kind that can be found on XDA) may have up to 10 of those apps/services running and icons for all of them would drawn out the true notifications. Even on a desktop PC, where there is much more screen estate, Windows 7 has the option to hide individual status bar icons. Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings there :D

Android versions above 4.1 should open the app when you touch the notification and not the buttons. Android versions 4.1 and below should toggle the service on and off if the notification is touched because there is not support for buttons in notifications until Android 4.2+.

I installed it on a phone with 4.0 ICS and indeed, touching the notification toggles the services, I simply didn't notice it before. Would it be difficult to implement that upon toggling, the icon changes color ? e.g. a gray icon when the service isn't running. That might be a useful improvement for those wishing to keep the notification icon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5764281
    jep0SZq36b51sEkVJRROaEgP85vON2Pu9kd5-WDVJtjmmntGlaIddYXCUSVO-PiSNf0w=w300-rw

Auto Pilot Mode
    Current Version: 8.00

Auto Pilot Mode is a very lightweight tool to enable airplane mode. Battery rapidly drained when the phone is out of service/signal and tried to search for a signal to use. In order to prevent this battery drain, Auto Pilot Mode will detect when the signal is below a certain threshold. Once this threshold is met, airplane mode will be turned on for a specified amount of time. After this time, airplane mode is disabled and the checking process repeats.

Settings/Features Explained
    • Scheduling System - Automatically changes thresholds and times according to a schedule set by you (Great for when you sleep)
    • Threshold - This slider will determine the threshold of the signal. If the signal falls at or below this threshold, airplane mode is put into queue.
    • Pending Time - Specifies how long airplane mode is in queue for after the signal falls below threshold.
    • Airplane Time - Specifies how long airplane mode should be enabled before performing another check.
    • 3G/4G Basic Detection - First step toward mobile data support, checks whether you are connected to a network or not
    • Ignore If Charging - If the phone is charging, ignore the status of signal and never enable airplane mode
    • Only Disable Cell Service - When airplane mode is enabled, WiFi, Bluetooth, and all other forms of communication are untouched
    • Start on Boot - Start the service automatically when the phone boots on.
    • Prevent Call Drop - If you are receiving or initialing a call, the service is paused and airplane mode is not toggled until the call is finished.
    • Maintain User Airplane Mode - Keeps user toggled airplane mode until user manually disables airplane mode.
    • Hide Status Bar Icon - Hides the icon in the status bar
    • Remove Notification Buttons - Removes buttons from the notification
    • Display More Info In Notifications - Adds more information to the notification
    • Send Feedback - Allows users to send feedback to the developer. (Found in the menu)
    • Help Option - Explanations of each settings
    • Always Visible Menu

ScreenShots

1S1hgPBS-AF1xw0Du-lms9ulCQAAK2cDPIwX_G6G4hajr2FEZHd0JZeYRlBZXhqPjw=h400-rw
    d7w7vNm3hpQ876s4vwMOmyaQPu9oQ34kPpuedFP1ubkptR0tCzsqsyPtFKpZIpGyQddg=h400-rw
    sjXsL5asaDZprsFpJt5W6F9MSr8yGcQ4WOKE1-nBq6h_webVnl9x9nGLvxrIoIlQng=h400-rw

AZrzHZ20OuLQU7J5OBw_mP_3NkI8x9j0wNNbl8OGrkGcT8QN2o5l00sCtcOn8jvUX-k=h400-rw
    m_7_NUfCLSPeCG8M-ta26fyHGWZihqNTzqIOZayvW8hK18rulqlWtEjSPr0PCXuk_Qa8=h400-rw

Known Issues
    • 3G/4G Detection (Advanced)
    • Translate to Spanish

Upcoming Development

Change Log
    7.55 to 8.00

• Added: Progress bar
    • Added: Ignore if charging
    • Added: Ads

7.51 to 7.55

• Fixed: Non-Default Keyboard not changing values
    • Added: Vibration when airplane mode is toggled
    • Added: Ring when airplane mode is toggled
    • Added: App Stats

7.5 to 7.51

• Fixed: Always thinking the user enabled airplane mode when it was the app

7.4 to 7.5

• Fixed: Draining battery due to AlarmManager
    • Fixed: Ignoring user enabled airplane mode even if the setting is enabled
    • Modified: Reduced the amount of data sent via Send Anonymous Data

Download from the Play Store

Please leave a review and rate the app! Thank You!
    D
    Deleted member 5764281
    Great many thanks. I've left the app installed but turned off, so will take a look at the updates when posted.

I just submitted the update to Google Play. It should be available to download in a couple of hours! I hope the Anonymous Stats work. I don't have 3G/4G phones to test with.
    D
    Deleted member 5764281
    Update: Just released a new update. I doesn't yet implement 3G/4G detection however, I has an additional setting to Maintain User Airplane Mode. Also, I did fix a small problem with the order of events for sending the anonymous statistics. I plan on getting 3G/4G detection implemented by April 19 if this anonymous stat works well.
    D
    Deleted member 5764281
    is it possible a option can be added that the app icon can be disabled in status bar.?

Congratz, its on XDA Portal Posts :D

btw is it possible to have option that only signal strength (-dBm) as the threshold but not the signal bar count..?
    and if i may suggest please also add option to hide notification icon on status bar, aka app service will running on background.. ;)

Thanks and Regards

It has become clear to me that my app is a little on the confusing side. The CDMA Threshold slider is measured in -dBm, I just removed the "-". Also, the app does run in the background. Although it is considered "Perceptible", if Android is running low on memory and stops Auto Pilot Mode to release memory, Auto Pilot Mode will be able to automatically restart after memory becomes available by Android; however, I will look into checking the status of the app.

I'm not sure why you have Reserved this post, I'm assuming you will edit your post with a response to my app. I just want to make it clear that you're not the developer or that you have ever helped me in creating this app.

hi, please can you upload app attached on op for xda users?
    (and those having problem with play.
    thank you

Adding this app as an apk file to this thread will not help in future releases because I will be implementing Google's In-App Purchasing. It is required for the user to be linked to their Google Account in order to purchase from an app.

thanks again..

It is impossible to search for a signal if Airplane Mode is enabled. Airplane mode disables all communication radios and does not receive or send any information.

My testing has been limited to only 2G, however, I will try my best to implement 3G and 4G detection as soon as possible. I will also add a menu button to the app.

Android versions above 4.1 should open the app when you touch the notification and not the buttons. Android versions 4.1 and below should toggle the service on and off if the notification is touched because there is not support for buttons in notifications until Android 4.2+. I has quickly come known to me that my app is rather confusing. I will attempt to write a more in-depth description and have an tutorial option in the menu. Lastly, I will look into better ways to implement what I am trying to do in a more effective manner.

The "Recover WiFi" option will only re-enable wifi if the wifi was on before airplane mode was enabled. If this isn't happening, send me an email with more information regarding your situation.

Thank you all for the feedback! It is greatly appreciated!!!
    status bar icon