[ROM][WWE][16-Jul-10] Timolol's stock-like WM6.5.5 ROM (Build 23569)

Search This thread

e.frankie10

Sep 27, 2008

Hei Timolol,
please...tell me that yuo're planning to release a ROM based on build 23041!!!

I'm using your latest version and is the best I tried, can't wait for an update....

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
Hei Timolol,
please...tell me that yuo're planning to release a ROM based on build 23041!!!

I'm using your latest version and is the best I tried, can't wait for an update....

Not planning to release ROM based on build 23041... but I've just uploaded a ROM based on 23409! :D Check the first page for download link, details and screenshots!

Build 23409 contains all the UI updates that were contained in 23041, so don't worry about that. Compared to build 23016 (my previous public release), there are many many UI improvements. Here are some that I noticed:
  • New taskbar layout (small top bar, large bottom bar, start and close buttons now at bottom)
  • Skinned and visually pleasing bottom bar
  • Tapping top bar opens finger friendly menu
  • More finger friendly buttons
  • Icons in start menu can now be rearranged by holding and dragging
  • Closing settings items now falls back to settings menu
  • New alarm settings layout
  • MMS icon bigger and more visually pleasing

Be sure to post feedback and let me know about any bugs (other than those listed in the first post) :) Due to the many UI changes, don't expect all programs to run as intended...

blutus

Nov 30, 2008
Incoming call delays on lock

Hi Timolol,

thx for this great rom! I have a problem. When i use the windows lock there is a huge delay between the incoming call and slide2answer (about 6 seconds). If the phone is not locked the delay is short. I test s2u2, the same problem...Is there any solution to reduce the delay?

Is there a way to deactivate slide2answer in case of phone is locked?

best greetz,

blutus

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
Hi Timolol,

thx for this great rom! I have a problem. When i use the windows lock there is a huge delay between the incoming call and slide2answer (about 6 seconds). If the phone is not locked the delay is short. I test s2u2, the same problem...Is there any solution to reduce the delay?

Is there a way to deactivate slide2answer in case of phone is locked?

best greetz,

blutus

Yeah, as mentioned - the dialer/slide2answer doesn't play nice with the lock screen. To disable slide2answer - see this post

CharlyAR

May 23, 2009
Buenos Aires
Not planning to release ROM based on build 23041... but I've just uploaded a ROM based on 23409! :D Check the first page for download link, details and screenshots!

Build 23409 contains all the UI updates that were contained in 23041, so don't worry about that. Compared to build 23016 (my previous public release), there are many many UI improvements. Here are some that I noticed:
  • New taskbar layout (small top bar, large bottom bar, start and close buttons now at bottom)
  • Skinned and visually pleasing bottom bar
  • Tapping top bar opens finger friendly menu
  • More finger friendly buttons
  • Icons in start menu can now be rearranged by holding and dragging
  • Closing settings items now falls back to settings menu
  • New alarm settings layout
  • MMS icon bigger and more visually pleasing

Be sure to post feedback and let me know about any bugs (other than those listed in the first post) :) Due to the many UI changes, don't expect all programs to run as intended...

Great!
As soon as I confirm it works with Gen.Y Manila R1.1, I will update it.

Cheers.

HA4ever

Apr 12, 2009
simply this is the best :D

there r few problems in some programs with the new layout, but that's not a big deal

BTW.. how to change the sotfware keyboard ? :D

invetalcom

May 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Does this ROM works for every HTC Touch Pro ???
or just for GSM versions...
If it only works for a particular version, please tell me, how i can find out, which phone i have..

Thx buddy..looking forward to install this Rom =)

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
Does this ROM works for every HTC Touch Pro ???
or just for GSM versions...
If it only works for a particular version, please tell me, how i can find out, which phone i have..

Thx buddy..looking forward to install this Rom =)

It works only for GSM versions (this is the GSM forum). Does your Touch Pro have a SIM card? If it does, you can use this ROM. Use the flashing guide found here if you're unsure how to flash :)

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
Timolol, is this ROM stable for everyday use? This is an experimental build, that's why I'm wondering about stabilty. ;)

It's quite stable from my experience, but if you're looking for ultimate stability I'd stick to something tried and tested for now. I haven't played around with it long enough to properly test stability. This build line is definitely showing heaps of promise though. :)

kecinzer

Jul 1, 2007
Decin
kecinzer.cz
Hi timolol,
very good rom, now I'm installing my stuff.
It's very good, that ROM comes with only very needed program, so I can install apps by my choice.

Is there any way, how to install newest version of HTC Album? Or another HTC stuff?

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
Hi timolol,
very good rom, now I'm installing my stuff.
It's very good, that ROM comes with only very needed program, so I can install apps by my choice.

Is there any way, how to install newest version of HTC Album? Or another HTC stuff?

The last time I tried running the latest version of HTC Album, it got pretty messy. It required a new g-sensor package, which in turn broke the functionality of the camera. That was pretty much it, so I reverted to 2.5 which is perfectly fine in my eyes.

I don't have a repository with all the different HTC applications, so if you can source them yourself, installing should be pretty easy. Sorry

kecinzer

Jul 1, 2007
Decin
kecinzer.cz
timolol:
Ok, thanks. I had problems with camera with Ahen ROM, when was wrong orientation - I think, that is the problem.
I try find another picture viewer with g-sensor support.

Top Liked Posts