WinMo 7 Sneak Peak

Search This thread

Frostlance

Jul 4, 2007
Hah..but no backward compatibility. This sux big time man.
Whatever it is I aint rushing to get WinMO7 or Phone 7 Series

samsamuel

Nov 19, 2006
samsamuel.co.uk
Unfortunately that's where things appear to be going. The HD2 only has 2 of the 3 buttons that will be required. Also I don't know if it supports 4 point multitouch. The only hope is that maybe the Home button could be mapped to function as the required search button, but who knows?

The OS doesn't know what image is on the buttons, so long as there are three buttons available they can be mapped.
Multitouch is a software issue not hardware.
Fear not, Mr C. Licken, the sky is not yet falling in. :)

jkolner

Sep 8, 2009
Aalborg
No Shell

Just read the it's not possible to place a Shell over WinMo7 like Sense or SPB Mobile, so you ar "stuck" with it!

WhyBe

Dec 27, 2008
Am I the only one who thinks that microsoft took a wrong turn with WP 7? It's just an iPhone wannabe now instead of a versatile platform like WM 6.5 was. Seriously disappointed.

IDK, it looks very promising to me from what I've seen. Definitely nothing like iPhone. I hope the UI is actually animated like the one in the video--really clean and fluid. It integrates services at the OS level. Dedicated search button--smart. Facebook and Live integration--smart. Zune and XBox integration--smart. This may be the first platform to compete realistically with iPhone and it's services.

I think the best move is that MS didn't go out of their way of making it compatible with older WM. I think that would have dragged them to hell. They needed a fresh start. If they could have made the old WM compete with the newer OS'es, MS would have done it ages ago.

mazzarin

Sep 29, 2008
I think the best move is that MS didn't go out of their way of making it compatible with older WM. I think that would have dragged them to hell. They needed a fresh start. If they could have made the old WM compete with the newer OS'es, MS would have done it ages ago.

Definitely, I cringe every time I have to load up a classic app on the HD2!

chris5932

Nov 14, 2009
The OS doesn't know what image is on the buttons, so long as there are three buttons available they can be mapped.
Multitouch is a software issue not hardware.
Fear not, Mr C. Licken, the sky is not yet falling in. :)

Yes, I am quite sure that the is gona be an update for the hd2!
I dont understand what most of the ppl here mean with 2 buttons can't you count? ;) I see 5 buttons...
There is jsut the thing with the multitouch I am not sure about.. if the hardware supports 4 inputs at once!

Cheers

samsamuel

Nov 19, 2006
samsamuel.co.uk
I agree, so long as that demo was 'real', and the platform is as open and cross integrated as it seemed, then should be good.

Oh, and lol @ 'we have no OBJECTION to flash support', , , hehe in your face jobs

M

MrMagicMushroom

Who's still hoping for Win7 on the HD2 now? :p

I love my Zune HD, and I'm very excited about 7 series.

mgla

Oct 16, 2007
Sofia
www.facebook.com
Yes, I am quite sure that the is gona be an update for the hd2!
I dont understand what most of the ppl here mean with 2 buttons can't you count? ;) I see 5 buttons...
There is jsut the thing with the multitouch I am not sure about.. if the hardware supports 4 inputs at once!

Cheers

Believe me, I do want to be more optimistic about getting an upgrade to WP7! As for being or not being able to count let me clarify: WP7 will require 3 buttons: Start, Back and Search. The HD2 currently has 2 of them out of the box - Start and Back. That's why I said that I'm hoping that the Home key can be mapped to provide the required search functionality. Cheers!

aceo07

Jun 29, 2009
Am I the only one who thinks that microsoft took a wrong turn with WP 7? It's just an iPhone wannabe now instead of a versatile platform like WM 6.5 was. Seriously disappointed.

Me too! I hope this is the consumer model. I want the business model. I don't want to consume that much. I don't care to be synced with the data clouds. I don't want instant access to BUY music or videos. Social networking isn't a big sell for me. It's a big minus if pushed in my face and I can't disable it.