[SOLVED] [Q] HELP!!! Bricked My Baby!

Search This thread

Lord Sekhmet

Dec 12, 2012
Many, many minutes. I walked away hoping and praying. No luck. I may have made a mistake. I was reading the MA5 thread and they talked about a complete wipe using Mega Wipe-Super Wipe-Factory Reset-Simple Wipe[All-in-One] Well I did it. But I then read the thread, and it mentioned not compatible with some versions. I quickly went to the top and realized I wasn't in the Sprint section anymore. I did the whole process several times and also confirmed that I did download the whole zip files. I read that caused problems too.

Oh, I see a red line of text fly by when I try to flash. Is that the dreaded FAILED to Flash that I read about?

Another symptom. I cannot get GalaxyNote2Toolkit to register that I have a device attached via USB.

I will try the one you just posted. If it works, I will try the MA5 again, as it is rooted and everyone seems to like it and Google Wallet works. I just have to figure out how to keep Google Spies from getting my Credit Cards. Usually DroidWall to not allow an internet connection. Maybe I will see how much damage Permissions Denied does to Google Wallet.

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
Re: [Q] HELP!!! Bricked My Baby!

Flashing roms from the wrong version of the phone is a problem. I'm not sure how bad of a problem but it might be worse than usual and might require odin to recover. Definitely whatever you do you have to read slowly and be sure of everything. It's like measure 2 or 3 times, cut once. Make sure anything you flash says sprint or SPH-L900. I guess you know that the hard way by now :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Lord Sekhmet

Dec 12, 2012
I saw the red line of death while trying to flash LJC_Stock_With_Count_Reset. Still stops at "Samsung"

So, after starting Odin, which boxes do I check / uncheck? The usual Auto Reboot and F. Rest Time only? Do I use the zip you gave me in the last post and put it in PDA?

Or can I use the MA5?

Last edited:

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
Well I'm a dope all this time I thought you had TWRP for some reason. Glad you got going.

Reactions: Lord Sekhmet

HeavyPhoton

Oct 18, 2011
Well I'm a dope all this time I thought you had TWRP for some reason. Glad you got going.

I'm in the same boat. I tried that same "stock restore" but it fails on the Recovery.img. I'm pretty sure I'm screwed. Any ideas for me?
I was completely stock on the MA7 latest update.

I can't not get into recovery mode, it tells me to try Kies.

Please help.

Thanks,
H

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
I'm in the same boat. I tried that same "stock restore" but it fails on the Recovery.img. I'm pretty sure I'm screwed. Any ideas for me?
I was completely stock on the MA7 latest update.

I can't not get into recovery mode, it tells me to try Kies.

Please help.

Thanks,
H

Are you getting the error: firmware encountered issues please connect to kies recovery mode?

I like to break stuff! :D

Lord Sekhmet

Dec 12, 2012

I don't know the terms that apply to each. When you said, TWRP I thought you meant power/home/up volume. I didn't know it was outside of my phone. Now download mode is power/home/down volume and up to confirm? The reason I thought that is because TWRP looks like it might mean, "Touch Whiz Recovery Protocol" or something like that.

So what does TWRP stand for? What is the power/home/up volume recovery called?

Like my new signature? I made it up before I fixed my soft brick.

Oh, thanks so much for your patience and help.

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
I don't know the terms that apply to each. When you said, TWRP I thought you meant power/home/up volume. I didn't know it was outside of my phone. Now download mode is power/home/down volume and up to confirm? The reason I thought that is because TWRP looks like it might mean, "Touch Whiz Recovery Protocol" or something like that.

TWRP = Team Win Recovery Project. It's one of the two main custom recoveries. CWM = ClockWork Mod is the other. It replaces the stock recovery.

twrp let's you do a lot more than the stock one does.

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/117

Reactions: Lord Sekhmet

Lerfmaster

May 26, 2013
Los Angels
I can get into recovery, so the term is soft-bricked I believe. I didn't think I was doing a ROM change, but again I am new and stupid.

I did not do a backup, but Rom Toolbox Pro did for the files that changed. I cannot find those backup files in the in recovery. I went through every folder in "Apply Update From External Storage"

I think I have a similar problem but I can not get into manual download mode so I can not get to recovery. Do you know what I should do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Flashing roms from the wrong version of the phone is a problem. I'm not sure how bad of a problem but it might be worse than usual and might require odin to recover. Definitely whatever you do you have to read slowly and be sure of everything. It's like measure 2 or 3 times, cut once. Make sure anything you flash says sprint or SPH-L900. I guess you know that the hard way by now :)

I was playing with Rom Toolbox Pro and was changing the status bar icons. I did agree to the backup requests. In the middle of one of the icon changes, the program glitched. I tried to give it time, but it would glitch again. I finally removed the battery and now it won't go past "Samsung". Since I am on Ting an MVNO of Sprint, I don't have Sprint's boot animation, pure Samsung.

I did hold the volume / power / home buttons and tried every choice but factory reset. Though there is a high probability being new and stupid, that I di them wrong.

So . . . HELP!!!

When you get to to recovery restore a backup if you made one. Which you should always make a backup before making changes on ur rom. Or you may have to reflash the rom. If you can get into recovery your phone is not bricked.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

I can get into recovery, so the term is soft-bricked I believe. I didn't think I was doing a ROM change, but again I am new and stupid.

I did not do a backup, but Rom Toolbox Pro did for the files that changed. I cannot find those backup files in the in recovery. I went through every folder in "Apply Update From External Storage"

If you can find it i guess your only option left is to wipe everything and flash the rom again so you can get your phone to boot.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

The only reason I haven't done that yet is because I don't want to lose all my contacts AGAIN. Though, it might teach me a well deserved lesson.

Contacts should be all synced to gmail. Just reflash and wait a minute for them to come back all by themselves after you log in.

I don't remember if the latest twrp has a file manager function (can't check while using the same phone to write thisn post) but if it does you might be able to replace the files that way. Otherwise, one theoretical option is you could extract the files from a stock rom and make a flashable zip that just puts those exact files back, copy the zip to a microsd card using a card reader & a pc (i don't think you can do much via usb while in recovery). Pop sd card back in phone and flash with twrp.

Possibly less work to restore contacts by hand again. This time let it sync to gmail so you won't be so screwed again. Better yet use titanium backup or rerware mybackup so you get txts, call logs, bookmarks, wifi keys, bluetooth pairings, contacts and apps.

TWRP = Team Win Recovery Project. It's one of the two main custom recoveries. CWM = ClockWork Mod is the other. It replaces the stock recovery.

twrp let's you do a lot more than the stock one does.

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/117