★ [Rom][I545VRUAMDK][4.2.2] Stock Root Odex/Deodex [05/23/13]★

Search This thread

brizey

Aug 6, 2011
Seems to be fine with the dirty flash...still had to add back in the AOSP browser, etc.

joqsan

Aug 18, 2010
Does anyone know if we are just supposed to flash with no gapps. Also do we have to do a complete clean wipe or can we just flash on top of the stock that came with the phone

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

MyComputerDoctor

Beans, thanks for the legwork. I am putting together a De-Bloated Stock with a bunch of tweaks included. So far I got the ROM under 1GB without killing Touchwiz. I will post the finished product when I get finished (should take me another hour or so).. :good:

Edit:
HERE is a link to the Stock Debloated Version with Extra's - Enjoy! ;)

Last edited:

travishamockery

Nov 18, 2006
For some reason recovery won't load for me. Root went fine. I tried to install TWRP from goo twice and it just goes to stock recovery for some reason. Now good says no recoveries found for my device. Any ideas? Figured I'd ask in here since I've run beans ROM forever and you all always help out. Thanks!

najaboy

May 10, 2010
Melbourne, FL
For some reason recovery won't load for me. Root went fine. I tried to install TWRP from goo twice and it just goes to stock recovery for some reason. Now good says no recoveries found for my device. Any ideas? Figured I'd ask in here since I've run beans ROM forever and you all always help out. Thanks!

Goo is down

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: stoffelck

stoffelck

Aug 30, 2010
Thought I was going crazy. Went to twrp and the img is not there to dd?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

travishamockery

Nov 18, 2006
Goo is down

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Still had nothing to do with the problem. I was able to get the recovery and flash in goomanager last night and it didn't take ever. Kept booting to stock recovery.

I was able to get this installed though. Had to manually do it using loki_flash and pulling the recovery file from goomanagers folder. All good now.

budwizer

Dec 20, 2009
Midlothian, Va
Still had nothing to do with the problem. I was able to get the recovery and flash in goomanager last night and it didn't take ever. Kept booting to stock recovery.

I was able to get this installed though. Had to manually do it using loki_flash and pulling the recovery file from goomanagers folder. All good now.

If you're still having recovery issues it might be worthwhile to roll back to stock and root your G4 again. Couldn't hurt and you won't lose any data or have to wipe. Recovery should stick and you should be able to pull TWRP from Goo.

Reactions: travishamockery

travishamockery

Nov 18, 2006
If you're still having recovery issues it might be worthwhile to roll back to stock and root your G4 again. Couldn't hurt and you won't lose any data or have to wipe. Recovery should stick and you should be able to pull TWRP from Goo.

Thanks, but I got it to stock with the method I mentioned. I'm thinking that whatever caused goo.im to be down this morning was affecting it late last night too and maybe threw a bad image my way. It took forever to download it last night and definitely shouldn't have. I'm all good now though.

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
Hell yeah! Thanks brother. Time to get to work :) This has all the proper compatabilities with the bootloader and junk right?
yep fully compatible but if for some reason u need to edit the boot.img message me on gtalk and il walk u through how to re loki it
I don't usually post too much on here because i don't have that much to input in the way of help and there's way smarter people on here than myself..........that being said i DID manage to figure out a way to help those of us that can't boot back into TWRP.
I found that if i held VOL UP + POWER + HOME that it would go to boot to recovery but then boot loop straight away, however i found that when i goes black after it goes to start recovery that if i let go of the POWER button ONLY and kept holding HOME and VOL UP, that i was able to boot into TWRP and restore from the nandroid backup i had created!!!!!!
Hope this helps some of you in trouble....
yepp!! good find i actually found this out also but never posted anything about it lol..
Thanks Beans deodex is working perfectly waiting on your rom
yessir!
yes, thanks, all working.

might want to change the install text, still says "installing odex".

oops lol.. it is definetly deodex though..
Beans, thanks for the legwork. I am putting together a De-Bloated Stock with a bunch of tweaks included. So far I got the ROM under 1GB without killing Touchwiz. I will post the finished product when I get finished (should take me another hour or so).. :good:

Edit:
good deal nice to see you around these parts, i remember u from rootz and the nexus 4 contest :p sorry i didnt vote for u i wanted open source miui lol... oh well.. either way its good to have u on the vzw s4!!

MyComputerDoctor

yep fully compatible but if for some reason u need to edit the boot.img message me on gtalk and il walk u through how to re loki it

yepp!! good find i actually found this out also but never posted anything about it lol..

yessir!

oops lol.. it is definetly deodex though..

good deal nice to see you around these parts, i remember u from rootz and the nexus 4 contest :p sorry i didnt vote for u i wanted open source miui lol... oh well.. either way its good to have u on the vzw s4!!

Maybe we can collaborate on a project in the near future. It's been a while and I really don't have the time to put into doing a full ROM on my own. No worries on the Vote... It was close.. Anyhow, let me know what your thoughts are...

Reactions: JBeXX and lortay78

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Stock Root Flashable Version Of the newest JellyBean 4.2.2 I545VRUAMDk

Requirements: You must have a LOKI recovery installed. easiest way todo this is download the goo manager app in the play store and use the install recovery script in the settings menu

Features:

• Rooted
    • insecure boot.img
    • BusyBox
    • Zipaligned
    • Deodexed
    • Removed Cd installer
    • Init.d support
    • Bash
    • Nano
    • adb as root

Odex Download: http://d-h.st/IHQ

md5: 1eaef61d5419f28ecfd016138b5f9bee

DeOdex Download: http://androidhosting.org/Devs/BeansTown106/S4/stock roms/jfltevzw_stockrootdeodexed.zip
    mirror:http://d-h.st/XYF

md5: 8755b632f2387c206a8b1043a92a98e4

Disclaimer: no apks have been edited this is a full stock rom that you would expect to get from verizon

If You use this as a Base For your rom please give credit where it is due, other than that feel free to use this as u see fit. thanks guys

Thanks to:
    djrbliss - for the loki method
    Dsixda - for the kitchen used to deodex
    ChainFire - for superSU
    well here is the progress on my jellybeans rom so far :p

-removed wifi notification
    -removed all amazon apps
    -removed all tutorials and videos
    -removed verizons software updater
    -removed Shealth
    -removed trip adbvisor
    -removed verizon navigator, verion security, verizon tones
    -removed all non us languages
    -removed Cb message
    -added sqlite3
    -added cm/miui ringtones
    -added international samsung bootanim
    -added 4 way reboot menu
    -added init.d tweaks
    -added browser tweaks
    -added launcher tweaks
    -added wifi, dormant, airgesture toggle
    -added dormant mode(wip)
    -added blocking mode(wip)
    -added shutter sound menu on camera
    -added multiwindow manager(all apps in MW)
    -added esfile explorer (root explorer)
    -added custom tweaks
    -added screen on/off option to mms
    -added split view opion to mms
    prob more i forgot :p
    I was able to get the stock ROM fully deodexed and booting.

I used the dsixda kitchen (0.223_rev8) and a had to use baksmali 1.41 and 1.42. I see that disxda just released 0.223_rev9 so you'll probably want to use that as it has more S4 fixes.

When you deodex you'll want to use baksmali 1.41 for everything except for framework.jar and services.jar. You can probably get away with using 1.42 for everything though.

baksmali 1.42
    baksmali 1.41

smali 1.42
    smali 1.41

thanks :p glad it wasnt some type of security added gonna do this now and upload it/get to making a jellybeans rom :p

Edit: