[REQ] G2-optimized GoogleCamera

Search This thread

DerSpatz

Jun 12, 2012
Hey folks!

The recently published new camera app from Google has some nice features. Unfortunately, as many other camera apps for the G2, this camera app lacks in picture quality in comparison to the G2 stock camera and its derivatives...

I'm not a developer but I thought that maybe it would be possible to modify the GoogleCamere to shoot better pictures using our beloved G2...

What do you think?

Bye, Spatz

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Hey folks!

The recently published new camera app from Google has some nice features. Unfortunately, as many other camera apps for the G2, this camera app lacks in picture quality in comparison to the G2 stock camera and its derivatives...

I'm not a developer but I thought that maybe it would be possible to modify the GoogleCamere to shoot better pictures using our beloved G2...

What do you think?

Bye, Spatz

Why not just use one of the posted g2 camera mods? They're already optimized.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

fr4nk1yn

Aug 1, 2008
Norfolk
The camera mods change more than just the camera app.
I find the Google camera just as good as far as basic photo quality.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

ChrisM75

Nov 2, 2013
Most of the optimisations in the camera of OEM phones is in the app, but many are in the Kernel. Without both you will never get the same level of quality.
Porting them over is just not possible since its not just about settings, but also drivers and often you will not get the benefit of the drivers without the OEM app.

Idan73

Jul 19, 2010
I wouldn't mind only a mod to select 16:9 for pictures instead of only 4:3 formats.

Sent from my LG-D803

Reactions: philsfan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wouldn't mind only a mod to select 16:9 for pictures instead of only 4:3 formats.

Sent from my LG-D803