S5 Update.

Search This thread

Danny_75

May 4, 2012
HI,

I'm a bit of a nood so please don't rip me a new one.

I live in Asia so i run a SM-G900H 4.4.2. G900HXXU1ANE2.
It was fine until i went to Thailand and it updated ( Don't think the place matters but still)
Now its running like a pig! Screen lock ups, hangs and just tits about.

I tried to update it but says its got the latest software etc.

If i do a factory reset will this role back the update?

If not:

I will just install a new ROM. I have already Rooted it so i'm good to go, Can anyone link me to a 900H Rom that's better than the stock one?

Thanks for the help.

Dan from sunny Burma.

YMatrix

HI,

I'm a bit of a nood so please don't rip me a new one.

I live in Asia so i run a SM-G900H 4.4.2. G900HXXU1ANE2.
It was fine until i went to Thailand and it updated ( Don't think the place matters but still)
Now its running like a pig! Screen lock ups, hangs and just tits about.

I tried to update it but says its got the latest software etc.

If i do a factory reset will this role back the update?

If not:

I will just install a new ROM. I have already Rooted it so i'm good to go, Can anyone link me to a 900H Rom that's better than the stock one?

Thanks for the help.

Dan from sunny Burma.

1) Factory Reset might fix your problem, but it will reset your device to the factory state. It will NOT roll back the update. It deletes the /Data partition.
2) Sadly the g900H doesn't have any custom ROMs yet so you're stuck on stock.
3) option #1 will probably fix your problem, but will also delete all your data, so I would suggest before doing that trying to delete cache + dalvik via recovery (I'm guessing you're running TWRP / CWM).

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
Try factory resetting first.
If you are still unsatisfied with the performance with your device, i think KIES and ODIN can be used to flash an older firmware.

Danny_75

May 4, 2012
Try factory resetting first.
If you are still unsatisfied with the performance with your device, i think KIES and ODIN can be used to flash an older firmware.

Week end from hell!

Tried to del the cache that didn't work. Carried out a factory reset that's when it started to get very messy! Boot loops, Flashing screen you name it!

Anyway downloaded a new stock rom flashed and sorted.

I live in Myanmar and the internet is ****! I had to drive to the airport to use there internet, fastest in the city with a blistering 3MBs :)

Don't think i will be updating again that's for sure!!

Thanks for the help and hope there is a Custom Rom soon.

Dan

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
Week end from hell!

Tried to del the cache that didn't work. Carried out a factory reset that's when it started to get very messy! Boot loops, Flashing screen you name it!

Anyway downloaded a new stock rom flashed and sorted.

I live in Myanmar and the internet is ****! I had to drive to the airport to use there internet, fastest in the city with a blistering 3MBs :)

Don't think i will be updating again that's for sure!!

Thanks for the help and hope there is a Custom Rom soon.

Dan

Damn I feel for you man, here I am annoyed at my 6 megabit/s connection