[Q] Samsung Continuum Bricked Please Help!

Search This thread

Aesik

Mar 8, 2011
Hello all, I'm basically freaking out as I just got my Samsung Galaxy Continuum within the last 24hours and already managed to screw it up. I used superoneclick to root the phone with no issues. I then got Titatnium Backup and enabled the chuck norris thing to freeze bloatware. I rebooted the phone and now it says Samsung lights up the intro screen and then after that I can't see ANYTHING. Please if anyone can help I'm moving to Seattle in 2days and this will be my only source of info/communication till my things arrive 10days after me. I NEED this to work : /
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rominucka

May 5, 2011
west palm beach
Aaaahahaha you're so screwed. See, God is punishing you for voiding your warrenty.

I'm kidding. Try to relax. I've recovered my phone from worse than that. I'll look into it today when I get to work and see what I can come up with.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE

GrainOsand

Jan 5, 2011
Hello all, I'm basically freaking out as I just got my Samsung Galaxy Continuum within the last 24hours and already managed to screw it up. I used superoneclick to root the phone with no issues. I then got Titatnium Backup and enabled the chuck norris thing to freeze bloatware. I rebooted the phone and now it says Samsung lights up the intro screen and then after that I can't see ANYTHING. Please if anyone can help I'm moving to Seattle in 2days and this will be my only source of info/communication till my things arrive 10days after me. I NEED this to work : /
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just go into development section, find a stock odin .tar and odin itself and use it to reflash the latest stock rom. Dont panic, Its pretty hard to brick a Samsung, not impossible but pretty hard.......
Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

Aesik

Mar 8, 2011
I appreciate the quick responses, I'm honestly losing it :p the phone was a gift and here I am mucking it up. I would like to keep it rooted as my last phone was and never had an issue. I think the issue was somewhere with the Titanium Backup Mod. Is there anychance you could link me to this odin flash program you speak of? I'm very new to this and confused, would rather not make this problem worse. Thanks again!

Aesik

Mar 8, 2011
Ok I have downloaded Odin3, now I just need to know how to use it and with what files to get my Continuum working again. I tried to read through some posts but everyone is so confusing >.<.

Aesik

Mar 8, 2011
Ok so I think I did it in the correct order but, I'm still not sure I'm so lost. I go Odin3 and the .pit file for the continuum and the .tar file for CWR. I put into recovery mode or whatever with the little android guy digging, and then ran the odin program. It said it was succesful and passed but, when it rebooted itself it's the same deal. It loads up and then halfway through the intro screen it freezes and turns the screen off while the sounds finish with there little jig. I've tried to call my cell from another phone and it's acting as if it's turned off.

torque240

May 23, 2011
Ok so I think I did it in the correct order but, I'm still not sure I'm so lost. I go Odin3 and the .pit file for the continuum and the .tar file for CWR. I put into recovery mode or whatever with the little android guy digging, and then ran the odin program. It said it was succesful and passed but, when it rebooted itself it's the same deal. It loads up and then halfway through the intro screen it freezes and turns the screen off while the sounds finish with there little jig. I've tried to call my cell from another phone and it's acting as if it's turned off.

first some questions,

did you do a nandroid backup

did you download the odin files from dj20 thread

did you download cwm recovery

and you dont really need the pit file, i been flashing files without it

logan302

Jul 13, 2009
Charleston, SC
Files

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20459391/SCH-i4000-VZW-Continuum.pit

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20459391/0530_continuum_novoodoo.zip

Use this pit and this kernal in pda via Odin. Jump in the IRC for more help.

cbanks127

Jul 28, 2011
i think i bricked my continuum too. i flashed cwm recovery and got root and everything fine, then accidently flashed the wrong voodoo file and now it wont go past the samsung screen. ive looked for stock roms everywhere. how do you flash the kernel and pit. i got the pit file in but how do you select the folder for the kernel

nodixe

May 12, 2011
Hello I too have prob. I flashed clean rom then tried to restore my nandroid backup but it says error mounting system and I cant now wont go past samsung no matter what I try?

pastorbennett

Mar 12, 2010
Minnesota
I forgot to mention, you need to be in download mode. Remove the battery, and hold the vol- while inserting the usb cable until the screen indicates that you're in download mode. I hope this helps!

nodixe

May 12, 2011
Ok I got it to boot into clean rom again but along the way I did a system wipe so my question is how to restore backup and get apps/data back? What was I doing wrong? I have titpro and nandroid backup saved and copy of sd card on my laptop so any help is appreciated...

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA Premium App

pastorbennett

Mar 12, 2010
Minnesota
Ok I got it to boot into clean rom again but along the way I did a system wipe so my question is how to restore backup and get apps/data back? What was I doing wrong? I have titpro and nandroid backup saved and copy of sd card on my laptop so any help is appreciated...

A nandroid backup isn't going to be much help without root. If you have it, get rooted, and flash adrynalyne's framework and cwm. Then you should be able to restore.

nodixe

May 12, 2011
Ok...so I need to reroot? This why I wanted to restore it in 1st place. Su is installed and it opens from appdroor but says bin needs update but the zip wont work that it dl's to my sd? I thought root was included on clean rom? Or do I have to SOC again?

an-dru

May 6, 2011
Grand Junction
Uh... Your restore problem is probably because your using yellow cwm... it has problems.... Im not sure if there are any other questions really xP

And read the other threads please? Everybodys already had these problems and they've been solved months ago :D

Sent from my Continuum Transfunctioner

pastorbennett

Mar 12, 2010
Minnesota
Ok...so I need to reroot? This why I wanted to restore it in 1st place. Su is installed and it opens from appdroor but says bin needs update but the zip wont work that it dl's to my sd? I thought root was included on clean rom? Or do I have to SOC again?

You might have to SOC again. Alternatively, if you really need it, I have a DL17 ODIN bone-stock rom, both rooted and unrooted, and if push comes to shove, I can upload it and post it here.

jaizero

Oct 14, 2009
La Crosse, WI
The yellow CWM uses edify which to my understanding is only useful for 2.2 and above. You wont be able to install any zip files designed for 2.1 or before. You need the cyan version of update.zip which will allow you to reinstall the stock rom software. Send me a PM and Ill email you the proper update.zip file if you need it.

-J