Help; i need LG L45C rooted net 10 - no way to change time!

Search This thread

pointbobxda

Dec 13, 2013
Hey all; Im new here as could not post in this xda develop forum:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671430&page=3

"ROM LG Optimus Net LG L45C Only"

The bottom line is; Tracfone has altered the android on this NET10 L45C (LG) to NOT ALLOW USER to change date or time setting; only options are format of date or time. No automatic or manual settings. THey are forcing you to activate it in order for their service to make correct time. Otherwise phone is stuck on Jan 6 1980 (i kid you not) and as a result no apps can be download from google marketplace. and even youtube wont work. I just want to use the phone for non-talking purposes. Is there is way to put a normal non messed with android os like 2.3.4? Or is there a program I can use in android to change the clock settings?

THANK YOU!

ps..these were on ebay for $10 a while ago and 4000 were sold lol...so likely a lot of folks have this issue.

hkjo

Mar 24, 2013
A temporary fix is to root the phone (e.g., UnlockRoot for a more automated process), then use an app that can set the system time. I'm not aware of one, actually, but a time sync app might do in a pinch, like ClockSync.

pcguy112887

Feb 13, 2014
Wow... although who can really set the time on their phone anyways without some sort of mod? I know mine syncs over air but even if I wanted to change it... nothing built in for it.