[FIX]Note 2 crackling sound in earphones randomly

Search This thread

saurabh2310

Apr 29, 2011
Delhi
I faced this annoying problem where earphones made crackling sound randomly while playing music only while screen was off.
I saw another thread where people faced same problem in S III, but no definite solution.

FIX :

You need to be rooted.
Just change your CPU governer to "On Demand".

Mine was set to 'pegasusq'. I believe it forces CPU into low power mode while the screen is off and CPU frequency becomes so low that read speed of music files reduced.

Above FIX resolved my issue. I wanted to share so that anyone suffering from same issue can be benifited.

**Disclaimer**
I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device. This post is just a workaround if you are rooted user. If you don't know anything about rooting, please explore the forum first.

Last edited:
Reactions: ayenzel

saurabh2310

Apr 29, 2011
Delhi
Work-around

If you want to use the same CPU governer(as it has good performance), you can set the minimum CPU freq to say 400.

ayenzel

Oct 11, 2012
Labuan
Thanks for sharing the fix. I also face this problem while using Nadia kernel and have no idea how to fix it and eventually reflash another rom and. Now I know how to fix it. Its really annoying problem. Thanks avain

saurabh2310

Apr 29, 2011
Delhi
Where do I find this Setting as I am having freezes on audio when screen off? More Info would be great!

Thanks

If you are rooted, then just download any CPU monitoring app. I personally use Rom Toolbox. In CPU/Processor settings in the app, you will find "Governer" and a list of available governers to choose from. Let me know if you still have trouble finding it.

TIP : Don't set Governer to "Powersave" even for trying it out. You wil find your fone lagging extremely.
Also don't play around much with other CPU settings unless you are absolutely sure what are you doing.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: wilx

KNIGHT97

Jan 30, 2014
Mumbai
There actually isn't a need for changing the whole governor.
Download trickster mod from google play and in that change hotplug_min_CPU_lock to 2 whenever you want to listen to music, and change it back to 0 afterwards. Ondemand causes lags under heavy load and can be a battery drainer too. Pegasusq is multicore aware and can scale the cores depending on load and hotplug threshold defined by min wake CPU frequency or run queue length, and thus is more liberal on battery too, while providing a good performance at same time.

Sent from my RPG with auto targeting

wilx

Dec 11, 2007
Download trickster mod from google play and in that change hotplug_min_CPU_lock to 2 whenever you want to listen to music, and change it back to 0 afterwards. Ondemand causes lags under heavy load and can be a battery drainer too. Pegasusq is multicore aware and can scale the cores depending on load and hotplug threshold defined by min wake CPU frequency or run queue length, and thus is more liberal on battery too, while providing a good performance at same time.

Thanks,
I can only find min_cpu_lock NOT hotpug_min_CPU_lock, is this the same thing?

wilx

Dec 11, 2007
If you are rooted, then just download any CPU monitoring app. I personally use Rom Toolbox. In CPU/Processor settings in the app, you will find "Governer" and a list of available governers to choose from. Let me know if you still have trouble finding it.

TIP : Don't set Governer to "Powersave" even for trying it out. You wil find your fone lagging extremely.
Also don't play around much with other CPU settings unless you are absolutely sure what are you doing.

This Fixed the problem thanks, but will now Try Knights Fix if this is better?

saurabh2310

Apr 29, 2011
Delhi

Nice trick :thumbup:

I just change to Ondemand Governer while listening music then back to Pegasusq.

But got to admit, it's a very annoying thing.

Sukumar Ballavolu

Jul 24, 2013
Bangalore
I faced this annoying problem where earphones made crackling sound randomly while playing music only while screen was off.
I saw another thread where people faced same problem in S III, but no definite solution.

FIX :

You need to be rooted.

Mine was set to 'pegasusq'. I believe it forces CPU into low power mode while the screen is off and CPU frequency becomes so low that read speed of music files reduced.

Above FIX resolved my issue. I wanted to share so that anyone suffering from same issue can be benifited.

**Disclaimer**
I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device. This post is just a workaround if you are rooted user. If you don't know anything about rooting, please explore the forum first.

Hello, I am using agni kernel. I don't find ondemand governer in this latest version. Any workaround for this? I am really worried about the freaky noise that I get while listening to my favorite music.
Awaiting help.

Thanks,
Sukumar

Reactions: shalushahil

Sukumar Ballavolu

Jul 24, 2013
Bangalore
its problem of agni kernel..try change to stock kernel..the problem will solve.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Well that really works and I still can't figure out what caused the issue. I was in resurrection remix 5.7.4 with no agni and it was doing all good.. I am now in Eclipse v9 with agni kernel set to all default except the touch wake. I am seeing no such problem any more.

May be Kernel is what that is making that freaky noise..
Thanks for the suggestion.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

FIX :

You need to be rooted.

**Disclaimer**
    Where do I find this Setting as I am having freezes on audio when screen off? More Info would be great!

Thanks

Thanks,
    I can only find min_cpu_lock NOT hotpug_min_CPU_lock, is this the same thing?
    Yes that is, some CPU tweakers define it as hotplug min CPU lock

FIX :

You need to be rooted.

**Disclaimer**

Hello, I am using agni kernel. I don't find ondemand governer in this latest version. Any workaround for this? I am really worried about the freaky noise that I get while listening to my favorite music.
    Awaiting help.

Thanks,
    Sukumar
    same issue here...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Did you find any fix for this? I have a work around.. When I apply pressure at the top left corner of the phone, it sounds. I think, it is possibly the issue with connector or the jack itself.. I have ordered for a replacement from DX.com.. Waiting for it to arrive. I will install the spare part and let you know if it worked..