What happens when you don't game or download with a loaded phone? This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Haven't played a single game or downloaded anything all day and my battery life has been top notch. I only drop 1% overnight so in theory I can stretch 2 days out of this battery.

However, if I was to play some music, games, videos/movies.

My battery would be dead within the day.

So top tip. If you want your phone to last more than a day! Don't play games. ;)

10 hours 58 mins. With 58% left

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
Haven't played a single game or downloaded anything all day and my battery life has been top notch. I only drop 1% overnight so in theory I can stretch 2 days out of this battery.

So top tip. If you want your phone to last more than a day! Don't play games. ;)

Bad advice

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

AndroidDan

Nov 11, 2012
Wellingborough
My opinion is you get what you get out of the battety depending on your usage so if you use the phone heavy expect it die on you if not well the battery should last ages then(not literally)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
My opinion is you get what you get out of the battety depending on your usage so if you use the phone heavy expect it die on you if not well the battery should last ages then(not literally)

Exactly!, battery use depends on what you do with the phone, if you do nothing with it then of course its going to last a lot

Also imagine if you have to sacrifice all use, features and games with a 3000mah phone, then iphone users shouldn't even bother

neotarum

Feb 22, 2008
London

Even better - try leaving your phone switched off! Battery lasts for....a very long time. The downside is, you don't get to use the phone...

Sorry if I come across rude, but you are stating the obvious, aren't you???

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
lol, yeah... if you use your phone intensively then your battery drains faster. Not really mind-boggling now is it.

Reactions: bodson66

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Exactly!, battery use depends on what you do with the phone, if you do nothing with it then of course its going to last a lot

Also imagine if you have to sacrifice all use, features and games with a 3000mah phone, then iphone users shouldn't even bother

The point is, if you use your phone for what a phone is for, making calls and texts then it'll last, the only thing i didn't do was play a game, that's it.

Battery has lasted ages, i'm still on the same charge, theres no bad advice about it it's just a fact.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
lol, yeah... if you use your phone intensively then your battery drains faster. Not really mind-boggling now is it.

Not all phones drain quickly when used for playing games, especially light games.

Point i'm making here is that any kind of remotely intensive cpu usage simply kills the battery on the z1, it's like it's going at full chat for no reason, i think it could be managed better on a kernel level that's all.

Last edited:

omnius1

Mar 28, 2011
I've owned the One and the S3, and totally different experience than you. Battery life wasn't as good as the Z1 regardless of activity. Maybe you should investigate whether yours needs replacing.

AndroidInsanity

Jan 15, 2012
Huddersfield
www.youtube.com
I don't get it. I've had a G2, moto G, S4, note 2,and many more. And never in my life have I come across a XDA Forum for a device that has so much hate . literally when I had the G2 everyone was saying how great it is and only pointing out REAL issues. But with the Z1. Its like a craze that EVERYONE must complain about something wrong with it. What is with all the hate and/or stupid complaints about the Z1? Do Sony device owners assume that since the design is perfect everything else should be? There isn't and never will be a truly perfect device.

So why don't you guys (everyone not just the OP) just quit complaining and enjoy this amazing device. Its an amazing phone overall.

cippi21

Nov 24, 2011
mullingar
Guys cut the lad some slack this is a community and we should help each other not bash every time some one posts something up...

Last edited:

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Guys cut the lad some slack this is a community and we should help each other not bash every time some one posts something up...

Seriously dude, this has to be the worst forum on XDA for making a statement, people are ready to gun you down the second you say something negative about the device.

Play bloody candy crush or a simple game for 20 minutes and watch your battery just disappear.

Reactions: 0000alex0000

hypergamer1231

Jan 23, 2011
Mumbai
www.youtube.com
moderate usage light games 4hrs screen on 1 day 10 hrs 10% left 1 hr of voice calling when am at work i cant use the phone so that when i leave it on stamina mode !@!!!!loving the battery life!!!

NanoSurfer

Mar 10, 2012
Cape Town
Lol, I went camping not so long ago and disabled all network and mobile connections and the phone lasted about 4 days!! Since there was no cell coverage where I was it was pointless draining the battery while constantly searching for networks. My main use for the phone was as a camera and I took A LOT of high res pics.

To @dladz, I guess ppl are bashing you because its kinda common sense that battery drain will be high whilst playing games (also this device has a large high def screen which chews battery if its on for a long time), for what its worth, I thank you for trying to be helpful and sharing some positive insight. Just ignore those who are condescending and already have agendas with the device to begin with.

But as stated previously, I agree that a lot of ppl can't seem to find enough reasons to bash this phone. Its as if they bought it primarily to find the faults, lol. I agree its not perfect but then again which phone is? Anyway I'm really happy with it and I find the battery life to be fantastic, better than any smart phone I have ever seen

Reactions: dlads

omnius1

Mar 28, 2011
Xperias aren't carried much by US carriers so in explanation why there appears to be some unordinary bashing, perhaps it's due to ignorance of how good they are, maybe sprinkled with a dash of "if I can't buy it, I'll bash it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Bad advice

Even better - try leaving your phone switched off! Battery lasts for....a very long time. The downside is, you don't get to use the phone...

Sorry if I come across rude, but you are stating the obvious, aren't you???
    I've cleaned over three pages of posts on this thread. People posting just for the sake of trolling is unacceptable, if you do not have anything constructive to say then do not say anything at all, if you are posting to get a rise out of someone use facebook, twitter or what ever form of social media sites but NOT XDA. If you guys have a problem with a thread simply report it and let the moderators look into it,

This thread has come to its EOL and as the OP seems to want it closed,

Thread closed
    I don't get it. I've had a G2, moto G, S4, note 2,and many more. And never in my life have I come across a XDA Forum for a device that has so much hate . literally when I had the G2 everyone was saying how great it is and only pointing out REAL issues. But with the Z1. Its like a craze that EVERYONE must complain about something wrong with it. What is with all the hate and/or stupid complaints about the Z1? Do Sony device owners assume that since the design is perfect everything else should be? There isn't and never will be a truly perfect device.

So why don't you guys (everyone not just the OP) just quit complaining and enjoy this amazing device. Its an amazing phone overall.