[Rom][i605][Official][Kitkat - 4.4.4] - Gummy - Nightly's

Search This thread

geekcop

Feb 25, 2008
Los Angeles
I was looking forward to test driving this ROM. Flashed it, along with GAPPS, via TWRP. Install went flawlessly, as did set up. Everything was looking great until I realized I had no connection, data or radio. My appropriate network mode was checked (CDMA+LTE). APN option was greyed out. I also experienced a FC of com.android.phone several times while attempting to troubleshoot. Back to LiquidSmooth, I guess

Buletman

Dec 28, 2013
I was looking forward to test driving this ROM. Flashed it, along with GAPPS, via TWRP. Install went flawlessly, as did set up. Everything was looking great until I realized I had no connection, data or radio. My appropriate network mode was checked (CDMA+LTE). APN option was greyed out. I also experienced a FC of com.android.phone several times while attempting to troubleshoot. Back to LiquidSmooth, I guess

What v did you flash with? Have you upgraded baseband using Odin?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

G

gatormark08

Had a bit of lag after install. I let it settle and had been flawless. Flashed with cwm. Great job @hedwig34 I was hoping for someone to bring gummy to the note 2.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Buletman

Dec 28, 2013
Thanks for the quick reply. I've not done a baseband upgrade. I'm currently using TWRP v. 2.6.3.1

I'm not sure, as others have reported success without upgrading, but I did, and radio works excellent on the Jan0114 build. If you wish to try, here is a rough tutorial. Search button will do wonders :) good luck!

Use Odin to flash this (you will need to extract 7z): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319198557

You will need Samsung drivers here: http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.c...ng_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.14.0.exe

Download Odin here: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1168421&d=1341114315

Put anything data wise on external storage sdcard-pictures, whatever you wish to keep.

Put in download mode by turning phone off, then hold down home, power, and vol-, buttons, click to continue, open Odin, pick PDA file and put md5tar file there

brandonhatty

Dec 31, 2012
Guys if you flash 4.3 and 4.4 with anything other than cwm or Philz your asking for trouble. You lose your baseband when using twrp. Look in about phone, I'll bet it's blank where it says baseband.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Buletman

Dec 28, 2013
Guys if you flash 4.3 and 4.4 with anything other than cwm or Philz your asking for trouble. You lose your baseband when using twrp. Look in about phone, I'll bet it's blank where it says baseband.

That didn't happen with me. Been using TWRP... Newest version, though... 2.3.6.1 I thing

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388717016049.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388717016049.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 339
Reactions: DX.Deception

brandonhatty

Dec 31, 2012
Well twrp may have finally updated some things. I haven't flashed any 4.4 in a while but initially twrp wouldn't flash it. And so far lots of problems with the new 4.3 touchwiz base. I always preferred twrp but I have had lots of issues with the newer roms.

.shawn.

Aug 29, 2013
No one really confirmed if we can flash this with TWRP v2.6.3.1.
I don't want to use CWM.

Use Phil's its far better then either cwm and twrp

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Why is the 1-3-14 nightly only 69mb and the rest are 180mb??

66racer

Nov 26, 2010
I have been flashing a few 4.4 roms with twrp 2.6.3.1 and no issues. The update feature in the ROM even worked when going to a newer nightly too (edit: in cm11)

I usually factory reset, then manually delete everything but my SD and clear data between ROMs.

Last edited:

.shawn.

Aug 29, 2013
OK also need to add support for multiple lock screen widgets so you can put more than one on the same screen

Tophaholic

Jul 1, 2008
Columbus, IN
I am having issues with GPS (compass specifically) with this ROM. In Maps - it shows the exact opposite direction to what the phone is pointing to. e.g. for north it shows as pointing to south and east instead of west etc. I tried to recalibrate compass and pitch/roll accelerometer via a 3rd party app - GPS status and toolbox. - but that does not change anything.

Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas how I can fix this?

Never mind.. After some searching found that this is a known issue with kk on i605. North South are correct... Just the east and west are swapped.
Read somewhere that the latest devil kernel fixes it to some extent

brett014

May 17, 2011
The screen shuts off when making a call and I can't get it backn on until phone call ends, can't use speakerphone or numbers

.shawn.

Aug 29, 2013
The screen shuts off when making a call and I can't get it backn on until phone call ends, can't use speakerphone or numbers

I do not have this issue at all. Just a FYI.
I have to say there is a couple things that need to be added feature wise. But other then that this is hands down the best kk I've run

DX.Deception

Apr 3, 2012
OnePlus 11
Main thing that's keeping me from using as a DD is the lack of update feature in rom like CM11 and the simplified privacy guard. Otherwise this rom is beast.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GUMMY

As of October 9, 2014 Team Gummy has disbanded. The final M4 release can be found here:
    M4 Final Release

IulWCzh.png

Gummy ROM is made for speed, stability and to stay as closely in line with AOSP as possible while still supporting a large amount of devices and giving you all of the features you love. It isn’t slowed down by features you’ll never use nor is it so slim as to be just another AOSP build.*

Features:

* New base built from AOSP
    * Status Bar Mods
    * Hardware Key Mod
    * Many Wallpapers
    * Performance Control
    * Application Permission Controls
    * Carrier Label Options
    * Lock clock widget
    * QuickSettings
    * Theme Manager

Device Specific:

Whats not working...
    * misc QuickSettings buttons may still have issues (let us know what you find)
    * what else (you tell us)

ChangLOG:

Please review out Gerrit instance to keep up with changes daily...

Instructions for installations:

1. Download ROM
    2. Download Gapps
    3. Push to sdcard
    4. Reboot Recovery
    5. Wipe Data and Cache
    6. Install ROM
    7. Install Gapps
    8. Reboot System

Contributions:

- Thank you to Cyanogenmod for device and hardware repositories. Without this, porting * * Gummy to QCOM devices would have been nearly impossible.
    - Thank you to Google for the best source code.
    - Androidfilehost.com for hosting our file servers!

Team Members: In alphabetical order

Primary Developers:
    Cphelps76, Kejar31, DHacker29

Developers and Device Maintainers:
    apascual89, Bkjolly, Buckmarble, BytecodeMe, Hashcode, hedwig34, Papi92, TDM

Github- https://github.com/TEAM-Gummy

Gerrit- http://review.gummyrom.com/#/q/status:open,n,z

Twitter- @gummyRom

GAPPS - we now recommend PA-Gapps

Gummy ROM
    Gummy switched hosting sites. You can find the latest nightly builds herehttp://androidhosting.org/Devs/Gummy/i605/nightly/.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    The reboot issues have been fixed. You can get the 7-9 M2.3 Nightly build here:

http://gummyrom.com/Gummy/i605/NIGHTLY/
    so thank God i got my i605 back! i can finally flash hedwig's gummy rom! I've been missing out on the action and now im flash crazy again! lol

About time :D

Looks like the last few nightly's have not worked. The team is working out an issue with the build server.

Here is my test build from yesterday. It includes fixes to the camera. Hopefully the nightly builds will be back on track soon.
    @ztotherad, I know you want to flash this :D

Gummy-2.1-01-17-14-UNOFFICIAL-i605.zip
    This is one solid aosp ROM........my dd for now. In call volumes are great....since the cm11 fix was applied