[DEV][Thinktank]Porting 4K & Timeshift video from Z2 to other Xperia devices

Search This thread

Ben Ling

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I downloaded D65XX_4.4.2_17.1.1.A.0.402_Deodexed_Zipaligned.zip (which is the latest stock). Can you name me a server which is convenient for you to download ? I have a decent connection.

edit: that was a mistake :D romaur will do the job

that was just included with system apps,priv-app & framework folder only,nothing else.

Will 4k n slow motion video works on Xperia z(android 4.4)?

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Free mobile app

I install on my Z stock 4.4 .230 and the camera always got fc.

How can i help to make working?

It's not ported for Xperia Z yet,and maybe it doesn't support because of the chipset & maybe it needs Adreno 330.

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Hello guys! Made another update :) Check post #2 for the link to download the newest patch. Or just click this link instead.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53165575&postcount=66

To Z owners. I am already downloading a system dump of your ROM. I'll see what I can do tomorrow. Need t o sleep now it's already 11pm here :p

For now don't download the mod as it's confirmed that it only works on Z1 & Z1 Compact ROMs.

mnsk

Aug 12, 2012
Hello guys! Made another update :) Check post #2 for the link to download the newest patch. Or just click this link instead.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53165575&postcount=66

To Z owners. I am already downloading a system dump of your ROM. I'll see what I can do tomorrow. Need t o sleep now it's already 11pm here :p

For now don't download the mod as it's confirmed that it only works on Z1 & Z1 Compact ROMs.

Opening settings in timeshift video is now giving the error video stopped working and force closing the camera.

pemith

Mar 8, 2013
Kandy
wow.....dear Riyal & lagalaga, you guys are doing an amazing job here......finally 4K and Timeshif Video on my Camera addon box......:victory: thanks.... much appreciated :highfive:

Attachments

• 10301293_10203084671391943_4012573758265568974_n.jpg
    10301293_10203084671391943_4012573758265568974_n.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 218

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Opening settings in timeshift video is now giving the error video stopped working and force closing the camera.

Yeah I just noticed it :D Sorry I thought you were reporting an issue on 4k video. I'll just make a fix tomorrow. I need to sleep now :p

wow.....dear Riyal & lagalaga, you guys are doing an amazing job here......finally 4K and Timeshif Video on my Camera addon box......:victory: thanks.... much appreciated :highfive:

Can't click the thanks button since I already exceeded my daily limit so I'll just say thanks here! :D

Last edited:

rinkulsk

May 1, 2013
Mumbai
Warning: This is currently only working on Xperia Z1 & Z1 Compact. This patch won't work on Xperia Z. I'll look into porting this to Xperia Z ASAP will post new updates if I made progress.

Download latest version: Here

UPDATE(06-06-2014):

attachment.php

• Temporarily disabled steadyshot in 4k video app.
  • Moved launcher icons from app drawer to Xperia Camera addons box
  • Updated libs to fix some low level errors in logcat
  • Replaced dependency libs with new Z2 firmware libs

How to install:

1. Make sure that your phone is rooted, no other camera mods & deodexed.
2. Install zip file using recovery.
3. Done.

UPDATE(06-05-2014): Everything working now(except steadyshot in 4k) thanks to @lagalaga
Edit: I reuploaded a new zip file that contains the SuperVideoCamera apk.

Also please take note that my patch is only tested on a Xperia Z1 Compact kitkat firmware. I haven't tested it on a Xperia Z1 yet so feedback from you guys would be appreciated. So I can publish the 60fps version if it works on majority of the users here. If it's not working please upload a stock version of the libs matching those on the patch so I could create a different one for you guys.

And as for the Xperia Z carefully try the patch first and if it's not working I need a clean stock system dump so I can have a look at if I can port it on your devices.

Can It be ported for older devices like Xperia v?

light19940120

Oct 5, 2011
Budapest

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Can It be ported for older devices like Xperia v?

Nope
@Ryial - what directories exactly would you like me to upload? Or what files specifically? I'll do this, but I'm not sure what do I need to upload for you guys. Just the libs which are in the zip already? I can do this or flash this with new libs and report back.

I'll update 3rd post with a new zip in a second.

What have you modifed EXACTLY to get the apps to show up in as the camera apps instead of the apps in launcher?

lagalaga

Oct 11, 2010

Awesome. Is that from the new Z2 402 firmware? I noticed some stuttering in the viewfinder during preview for timeshift video. It worked much better when actually recording. I will now try the current patch to see if it's better.

Thanks for the awesome apk hacks!

Chocolatetrain

Mar 26, 2013
Leicestershire
Xiaomi Mi 11
Did you wipe cache + dalvik after flashing the rom ? Might be it.

D5503 UB jfxperias KitSlim_AMGEvo3 Black

Yes, and after and cleared the data, the usual process when an app fails.

Okay i have attatched the necessary files for editing, they are from the C6903, stock de-odexed .757 so could you guys edit this? Just trying to help here ;)

Last edited:

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Awesome. Is that from the new Z2 402 firmware? I noticed some stuttering in the viewfinder during preview for timeshift video. It worked much better when actually recording. I will now try the current patch to see if it's better.

Thanks for the awesome apk hacks!
I don't think it's from .402 firmware. I'll try this new zip and after I do that (mixing your zip with his) I'll try to replace all of the libs with the libs from .402 and let you guys know how did it go.

This doesn't work on my c6903 on .757 or .761 i've tested romaur v8 nuts de-odexed and jfxperias rom v3, it just freezes after clicking it in the camera and says camera not available for timeshift and 4k :(, what should i do?

Yes, and after and cleared the data, the usual process when an app fails.

Okay i have attatched the necessary files for editing, they are from the C6903, stock de-odexed .757 so could you guys edit this? Just trying to help here ;)

It works on C6903 .757. Make sure you have superuser mod from Sejar's module and flash the zip from post #3. I'll keep it updated when @Riyal or @lagalaga do something new.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning: This is currently only working on Xperia Z1 & Z1 Compact. This patch won't work on Xperia Z series and older devices.

Latest version: 1.3
    Download latest version: Here

Credits to @shem2409 for the video tutorial :D
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53314821&postcount=1

Root Xperia Z1: http://youtu.be/zscUImoPLpM

Deodex Xperia Z1 by flashing this in recovery:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!WgwRDQDa!UlO0Vx3FEHODmB8dUgmf_24cHpQ-6O6_zf5zhGpfktI

Necessary downloads:
    1) Deodexing downloads (above)
    2) 120fps + 4K MOD: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2786475&stc=1&d=1402194839
    3) Serajr Xperia Xposed (KK): http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.serajr.xperia.xposed.kk
    4) Xposed framework: http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer

Sample Timeshift Video (recorded with Xperia Z2)

Changelog

UPDATE v1.3:

• Fix duplicate entries of 4k & Timeshift Video in camera add on selector box

UPDATE v1.2:

• Fix Timeshift Burst compatibility

UPDATE v1.1:

• Fixed force close error in Timeshift Video menu
    • Proper version naming of flashable zip :D

UPDATE(06-06-2014):

attachment.php

How to install:

1. Make sure that your phone is rooted, no other camera mods & deodexed.
    2. If you haven't yet... Apply superusermod either by modifying your system files or using xposed framework.
    3. Install zip file using recovery.
    4. Done.

UPDATE(06-05-2014): Everything working now(except steadyshot in 4k) thanks to @lagalaga
    Edit: I reuploaded a new zip file that contains the SuperVideoCamera apk.

Also please take note that my patch is only tested on a Xperia Z1 Compact kitkat firmware. I haven't tested it on a Xperia Z1 yet so feedback from you guys would be appreciated. So I can publish the 60fps version if it works on majority of the users here. If it's not working please upload a stock version of the libs matching those on the patch so I could create a different one for you guys.

And as for the Xperia Z carefully try the patch first and if it's not working I need a clean stock system dump so I can have a look at if I can port it on your devices.
    I've seen dozens of threads about 4K recording and Timeshift video. None of them work. Let's keep all relevant DEVELOPMENT info here. It will be way easier for real developers and other people that could share some useful info or their attempts to get 4K & 120 FPS recording on other device than the Z2.

If you can contribute, please do it here instead of your own threads. Working alone is much harder. Let's work together on this, so we could finally get it to work. That's what XDA is all about. :)

Please don't spam this thread. I've made it to ACTUALLY get this finally working.

Featured on:
    Softpedia
    gsmarena
    xperiablog.net
    androidbeat
    nextpowerup
    gadgethelpline - no link to this thread
    androidheadlines
    techshout
    sonyxperiaz.co.uk
    XDA :D

Let me know about any others :D @lagalaga @Riyal - we're getting famous xD

If you want to discuss about it or ask some questions about it then do it here in the link below and keep this thread clean:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2768422
    FAQ:

Is this going to work on my xxx?
    For now it's only compatible with Z1 and Z1c on 4.4. We're working on fixing all of the bugs and then we'll try to bring it to more devices. Z Ultra will propably be the next device that will get this mod ported as it also boasts S800 chip.

Does it work on CM11?
    You tell us, it's really fresh! :)

How do I install it?
    1. Root your phone
    2. Make a nandroid backup in a recovery, just in case something goes wrong.
    3. Install xposed framework
    4. Install Serajr's modulemodule
    5. Enable Serjar's module after installing it.
    6. Reboot.
    7. Flash the latest zip from this post
    8. Enjoy!

Why do I need Serajr's "Xperia Xposed (KK)" Module?
    Serajr's module contains the so-called "SuperUser mod". Please be aware that this is different from the SuperUser root management app. So, what does this mean?

The .apks contained in this mod have a different signature from the original .apk files. This prevents them from using the extended camera functions added by Sony. Serajr's "Xperia Xposed" mod disables this signature verification. If you do not want to install the Xposed framework or Serajr's module, you can also disable signature verification by patching the services.jar. Please see DavidMKD's instructions here.

I keep getting "Camera not available" errors in 4k or Timeshift Video
    You probably do not have SuperUser mod installed properly. If you are using Serajr's Xposed module, you need to make sure that the Xposed framework is installed properly. Just launch the Xposed app, click on the first menu it and make sure app_process and XposedBridge.jar are installed and highlighted in green. If it still does not work, make sure that Serajr's module is in fact activated. Yes, you need to activate a module after downloading it. This also requires a reboot after activating the module.

My camera freezes when I record in 4k
    You probably have SteadyShot enabled. This is currently not supported. It's also a good idea to make sure you've flashed the latest version of this mod. The Steadyshot menu item is disabled in the APK, but sometimes the setting is already activated in the app's database. You need to go to app settings and clear data for the following apps (thanks @jasonx20ac):

Cameracommon
    Cameras
    Camera extensions
    Camera
    Video

Video is too dark in Timeshift Video/120fps
    olokos said:
    Try blinking 120 times per second. I bet you won't see anything anything even if you blink 10 times per second.. That's pretty much it with the camera.

This is a hardware limitation, nothing we can do.

How do I uninstall your mod
    You revert back to the backup you made just before you installed our mod. You did get a nandroid, right?[/QUOTE]

xxx doesn't work, help/other random questions and stuff
    Don't post about it in this thread!!!
    If you want to discuss about it or ask some questions about it then do it here in the link below and keep this thread clean! :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2768422

What else needs to be done?
    For this moment only steadyshot doesn't work on 4k recording.
    Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll add them to the FAQ.

Will this work on Z Ultra/Z/T/V etc?
    For now we will work on the Steadyshot and Z Ultra. Anything else that is not a sony device and is running older SoC than Snapdragon 800 won't be able to do 4k videos due to hardware limitations. 120fps MIGHT be possible on other devices than the S800 family, but first we'll have to deal with steadyshot or Z Ultra port. For now this is only working for Z1/Z1c.
    Hi guys! :D Want a major easter egg in the patch? :p

Do the following...

1. From your homescreen open settings->Apps->All tab
    2. Look for the app Camera and select it
    3. Clear data
    4. Open Camera app
    5. Select manual mode
    6. Switch to video mode
    7. Open settings app and notice the difference :)
    @Ame123

attachment.php
    Download it from here
    Discuss/talk about it here.
    Thanks to me, @lagalaga and @Riyal .