A few tweaks and stuff

Search This thread

avathar behemoth

May 8, 2008
Diemen
Google Nexus 4
ZTE Axon 7
At last we, the few the proud ... the budgetary challenged :) have our own subforum.
I expect that with some tweaks we can beef the interface and usability up ... for instance why didnt we get a cube? I mean the elf has one. and the pharos has the same chipset, and double the memory.
It should be easy to transform this phone to a real little brother of the polaris!
I myself installed a cab (from the polaris) for handwriting recognition (dutch it says). the link is http://www.snapthetooknietzogoed.nl/enableRecognizersNL.CAB
there are some tweaks that work on enhancing file system speed on the (??!!??) polaris tweak thread, why is it surprising that the polaris tweaks work? because it has a different chip set. However the registry of the Pharos seems to be organised more like that of the polaris than that of the "touch". (the tweaks are on page 1, 19 and 44)http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=371411
However I am only mentoining the thread because of the filesystem tweaks!

Last edited by a moderator:

avathar behemoth

May 8, 2008
Diemen
Google Nexus 4
ZTE Axon 7
verifeid working and not working

Working
the vista theme
tomtom navigator cab
elf calculator skin

Not working
Biotouch=3_2_5240711_0 (for the elf) seem to be missing 2 .exe's Quickdial and APPLauncher (and the reg settings)

cubeconfig4.1 (which i dont know because i gave up, it didnt see any of the .bnr files for the apps in the config so i had to go find them in a big list of all the pics in the window dir myself, it gave me all kinds of error messages and when i fixed the errors i still couldnt use it because the files in the cab are unsigned .. for which i needed another cab...)

HTC audio manager today plugin
could be becaus i have a dutch version and on my phoon its called audiobeheer?!? so im not certain!

has anyone else got input? stuff they tried and worked or not worked?

Last edited:

rebizant

Dec 26, 2005
how to chango ROm in Pharos

Hi,i have New P3470 but ROM is German, i do not speek german so I need to change ROM for WWE but I dont know how.

Charlie W

May 12, 2008
ok lads
so how long untill someone can get a cube working on this thing :)
Ive had it for a day or so now, and it fells pretty good.
I take it as standard s2u2 will work on this ?

avathar behemoth

May 8, 2008
Diemen
Google Nexus 4
ZTE Axon 7
some more tweaks verified ( by mahmood and others)

- HKLM\Drivers\Touchpanel\PressureThreshold
- Change from default 18866 to 19866, 20866 or 40866. Makes the scroll better.

To disable the security warning when installing a non-certfied application, set:
HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\0000101a = 1 (DWORD decimal)
To restore the warnings:
HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\0000101a = 0 (DWORD decimal)

How to change the Long press keys and short press keys to any prograam u want:
Long_PTT.lnk (push to talk button+long press)
Long_End.lnk (the read key+long press)
Long_Send.lnk (the green key+long press)
Short_PTT.lnk (push to talk button)
Long_Power.lnk (Power button +long press)
Short_Power.lnk (Power button)
if u want to link any program u want to above buttons then just copy the .exe of that file and paste it as SHORTCUT and then rename it to above and after that put it to \Windows folder
forgot to say it if it says cannot overwrite the file then u can use resco explorer.
(unverified)

Syrop

Jun 2, 2006
small gift from russia :)

as we know WMStorage 1.8 and Softick Card Export don't work with Pharos

go to \windows and find usbtopc.exe - run it and feel good with card-reader mode :)
you can copy shortcut to this file to \windows\start menu\program and you'll have easy way to use card-reader mode

thanks to hkas

Last edited:

Syrop

Jun 2, 2006
another tweak from Russian Pharos user's :)

change Jog sensitivity :)

go to registry HKCU\ControlPanel\keybd\ and create new JogWheelSensitivity [DWORD]

0 = Scrolling off
1 = 10 lines or moves
2 = 6 lines or moves
3 = 4 moves

thanks to Serg_x