[APP] AwayMessage (Updated: V1.1) - Ignore the Call but not the Person

Search This thread

Captainkrtek

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 16, 2010
Seattle
AwayMessage is a very simple app that lets you ignore phone calls while not ignoring the people. For example, If you enable the app before you drive, and someone calls you while you're driving it will send them the following text message.

"Sorry, I'm currently away from my phone right now - (Sent Via AwayMessage)"

Or you Can now use a Custom Message:
To use the custom message feature do the following:
Enter your message, hit "set", then hit the Radio Button to "Use Custom". And when ready hit "Enable Away Message Notification".

This is V1.1 (Updated on 12/29/10) In the future we plan to do:
-Custom Message ( I expect to get this done within the week)
-Ongoing notification
-Preset Messages (Same timeframe as custom message)
-And a few other small tweaks

Before I released this app there were some issues I had that were tough to recreate so if you get any errors, FC's, or the app doesnt send text messages to the recipient please report them with the following:

Phone Make/Model
OS
ROM
Carrier

Or if you wish to do it in private PM or email me @ steven(at)seattleadmin(dot)net

Thanks to:
-Scary.Alien for Co-Developing this app :)
-Jamezelle for Developing/Testing :)
-Geniusdog254 for testing
-Zifnab for testing and ideas

The app is now FREE on the market and free on XDA by clicking the attachment down below. I will keep this thread updated along with future releases.
Thanks and please leave your feedback!
:D

Screenshots:
CAP2010122920502.jpg
CAP201012292053.jpg

Attachments

• AwayMsgV1.1.apk
    16.7 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:

Sverigevader

Aug 25, 2010
Fantastic app! Great for me as I text for free. Somehow people always call when I'm in the shower or while I'm driving. Trying it out right now...

Edit: Works without problems.

HTC Desire
Leedroid 2.3b
Tele2 Sweden

Last edited:
Reactions: Captainkrtek

nkhs9412235

Nov 28, 2008
I hope I can set messages by myself soon because I am in Taiwan.

Last edited:

felixchess5

Dec 4, 2010
Caguas
So far so good :) worth buying as soon as its complete with the features you mentioned :) thanks. Running great on T-Mobile G2 wit Cyanogen mod 6.1 Rom Stable.

KKLD

Jul 31, 2010
I think you should develop on a widget, so you do not have to find the program. Just one click to enable/disable.

Chopes

Apr 11, 2010
This doesn't seem to be working if you use Google Voice as the incoming call is not noticed and no message ever comes out. Any possibility on adopting Google voice to the apk?

bluefisch200

Sep 24, 2008
That can be nice on another phone but TouchWiz (any Phone of the Galaxy S series) already includes that...i will wait for a stable release of Cyanogenmod Gingerbread for the SGS and i will buy it then because i LOVE this feature...

Captainkrtek

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 16, 2010
Seattle
That can be nice on another phone but TouchWiz (any Phone of the Galaxy S series) already includes that...i will wait for a stable release of Cyanogenmod Gingerbread for the SGS and i will buy it then because i LOVE this feature...

Thanks! I released it pretty plain cause I was in a rush to get it out there before all the christmas festivities, should be developing it more tomorrow :)

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk Pro

pepinjo

Dec 26, 2010
Already have such app...

btw: There's already available such app in android market: RobotSMS

It's free and is very well done, some smart functions, custom text, widget, etc...

Info: tispot.wordpress.com/android-apps/robot-sms/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AwayMessage is a very simple app that lets you ignore phone calls while not ignoring the people. For example, If you enable the app before you drive, and someone calls you while you're driving it will send them the following text message.

"Sorry, I'm currently away from my phone right now - (Sent Via AwayMessage)"

Or you Can now use a Custom Message:
    To use the custom message feature do the following:
    Enter your message, hit "set", then hit the Radio Button to "Use Custom". And when ready hit "Enable Away Message Notification".

This is V1.1 (Updated on 12/29/10) In the future we plan to do:
    -Custom Message ( I expect to get this done within the week)
    -Ongoing notification
    -Preset Messages (Same timeframe as custom message)
    -And a few other small tweaks

Before I released this app there were some issues I had that were tough to recreate so if you get any errors, FC's, or the app doesnt send text messages to the recipient please report them with the following:

Phone Make/Model
    OS
    ROM
    Carrier

Or if you wish to do it in private PM or email me @ steven(at)seattleadmin(dot)net

Thanks to:
    -Scary.Alien for Co-Developing this app :)
    -Jamezelle for Developing/Testing :)
    -Geniusdog254 for testing
    -Zifnab for testing and ideas

The app is now FREE on the market and free on XDA by clicking the attachment down below. I will keep this thread updated along with future releases.
    Thanks and please leave your feedback!
    :D

Screenshots:
    CAP2010122920502.jpg
    CAP201012292053.jpg
    Fantastic app! Great for me as I text for free. Somehow people always call when I'm in the shower or while I'm driving. Trying it out right now...

Edit: Works without problems.

HTC Desire
    Leedroid 2.3b
    Tele2 Sweden
    I hope I can set messages by myself soon because I am in Taiwan.

Ill add a custom message shortly :)

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk Pro
    btw: There's already available such app in android market: RobotSMS

It's free and is very well done, some smart functions, custom text, widget, etc...

Info: tispot.wordpress.com/android-apps/robot-sms/

I know there are others Im just doing this as my own project to learn more about Android and Java

EDIT: App is now free on the market :)
    Will give it a go tonight