[ROM] (AOSP GINGERBREAD) ShadowMOD-BR v2.3.2b6 [2010-02-11]

Search This thread

kezs

Dec 16, 2008
Nice work!

This ROM is really good, the main problem is the very low memory, the average free RAM is 25 MB, and it freezes a lot.

I ran a whole bunch of optimizations through Androidiani - aggressive memory managing (keep launcher alive), zipalign all, and whatever I could regarding memory, and now average free memory went from about 45 to about 75.

Sent from my A853 using XDA App

edgardcastro

Aug 18, 2007
Rio de Janeiro
code.google.com
New version, first post updated:

Build 3:
- Fixed gps/compass (props to nadlabak)
- Fixed hires video recording (cvpcs)
- Massive memory tuning.
- JIT is disabled again -- yes, your linpack will suck, but you'll get much smoother experience overall.
- Disabled 3D drawer on Launcher2 -- too slow.
- Removed the OTA updater for now to save some memory.

Known bugs
- None (well, it is still short on memory, but it's much better on b3)

pac213

Aug 9, 2010
New version, first post updated:

Build 3:
- Massive memory tuning.
- JIT is disabled again -- yes, your linpack will suck, but you'll get much smoother experience overall.

Known bugs
- None (well, it is still short on memory, but it's much better on b3)

How about the keyboard size? Anything to fix it?

edgardcastro

Aug 18, 2007
Rio de Janeiro
code.google.com
Whats happening to you? GB keyboard is quite smaller actually. Does it looks any different from that?

snap20110205_174800.png

abhinavsg

Jul 5, 2008
Durgapur
Hi every1,

I downloaded the Build 2 of the ROM & applied it through OR on my phone after doing all the 3 wipes on my phone (I was already running the MIUI Froyo ROM)

When I re-boot the phone, it does not boot up. It is stuck on the Motoroal Logo Screen, which comes up when the phone is powered on.

Did anyone have this problem? How do I get this ROM working on my phone? :(

Christoffer84

Jan 15, 2011
Does WLAN go to standby?
Mine is running all the time although option is set to go to standby when screen off.

kezs

Dec 16, 2008
Just had a "stuck at M" right after the phone crashed in the middle of an SMS. Then I did a full wipe, but inside And. OR, not bootloader. I didn't know you lost all of your auto-installed apps when you did that! I'd been doing full wipes only through the main bootloader screen. Is that any different, besides the lost information?

How much free memory are you getting with build 3?

Sent from my A853 using XDA App

jackeh070

Jul 1, 2010
System shows 60MB free, I don't know if I should trust it (for example, when it displays 30MB free my ADW keeps redrawing)

For even more memory saving we could use the script that would keep that maps background process killed. For now it just keeps restarting itself even if closed, and eats about 5MB of memory.

And a question. Should I put the overclock in 72governor file or create separate 10overclock? Will 10overclock override the 72governor one (for example when I apply overclock with OR)?

Last edited:

Topuz

May 19, 2010
Belgrade
I just finished a ~10min. phonecall, and the phone got worryingly hot. I know the Milestone tends to get a bit warm durring the phonecall, but this passed the comfortable line, I had to switch from one ear to another because I couldn't stand the heat. It's not unbearable, I mean it isn't going to burn my ear, but it's definitly so hot I counldn't concentrate on my call. Phone is overclocked to 1GHz but only 58vsel (+2 compared to default setting).

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening, it's really a shame becasue I love this ROM, but my ears are still red and it's been 15 minutes since I finished the call. :)

vladstercr

Oct 24, 2010
readandgetrich.com
This Rom is great. There is one thing If you can do please...The screen CRT animation in CM7 has option to be when Screen turn on and when Screen turns off.

In this Rom there is only the Screen turn off running. Can you make the other run too? Please!

jackeh070

Jul 1, 2010
I don't know if it's temporary, but I feel great improvement in memory usage.

The launcher doesn't redraw when I get back to it from maps or angry birds as it ususally did on build 2 *thumbs up*

The screen on animation and other gingerbread sweetie things would be lovelly, but not really a priority :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a STRICTLY AOSP Gingerbread build for the Motorola Milestone.

Most of the credits goes to the amazing guys from CyanogenMod, nadlabak, f_pasha, mtwebster, rcerqueira, koush, MDijkstra, Skrilax_CZ, cvpcs and everyone else that had the patience to help me out figuring out how to put everything together.

To get it working for you, the baseband files for your region should be applied thru OpenRecovery as usual; you can get them at Dexter’s site: http://dext3r.komodin.org/.

Default language is set to PT-BR, change at the initial screen for your likings.

If you are currently using any Froyo release, you don’t need to do anything else, just copy the update to the OpenRecovery update folder and install as usual. If you’re not using any Froyo release, you need to apply a 2.2 SBF first.

Please note that FULL WIPE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for new installations. If you're upgrading from any previous SMBR Gingerbread build, you only need to wipe caches.

CHANGELOG

Build 7:
    - Updated to AOSP master branch, hundreds of bugfixes.
    - Fixed some issues with wifi (props to nadlabak)
    - Fixed color blending issues (mostly visible on scroll glow).
    - Fixed some video recording issues, now uses h264/aac for high quality mode.
    - Some changes on APN list for Brazilian carriers.

Build 6:
    - More memory tuning. Now based on Google’s recommendation for low memory devices.
    - Zipaligned all Google Apps
    - Fixed light sensor (props to nadlabak)
    - Disabled 3D drawer again (will provide as a separate patch)
    - Added Nexus S wallpapers.
    - Several other bugfixes that might result in crash of the phone.

Build 5:
    - More memory tuning. This should fix a plethora of problems (browser downloads, market, notifications, and so on).
    - Reverted to use a slightly older kernel (g4bc8ed0). Hopefully this will fix the reboots.
    - 3D drawer is back due to popular demand.
    - Enabled SIP over 3G networks.
    - Removed some unnecessary libraries from the system (used only by Froyo).
    - Fixed a couple of EGL issues. Nothing major.

Build 4:
    - Skipped

Build 3:
    - Massive memory tuning.

Build 2:
    - Fixed GMail/GReader breakage, now it works as expected.
    - HSPA icon shows instead of just 3G.
    - Screen off animation turned on.
    - USB connected icon fixed.
    - Some memory tuning done.
    - Added full AOSP languages with dictionaries where available.
    - Added full APN list based on CyanogenMod’s.

KNOWN BUGS
    - Starting the camera using the hardware camera button unleashes hell.

DOWNLOADS
    Latest ROM: http://code.google.com/p/shadowmodbr/downloads/detail?name=update-smbr-2.3b7-signed.zip
    Overclock pack: http://code.google.com/p/shadowmodbr/downloads/detail?name=smbr-2.3b7-overclock-pack.zip
    Older kernel: http://code.google.com/p/shadowmodbr/downloads/detail?name=update-smbr-kernel-g4bc8ed0-signed.zip [slower, more stable, default]
    Newest kernel: http://code.google.com/p/shadowmodbr/downloads/detail?name=update-smbr-kernel-gafbfc43-signed.zip [faster, less stable]
    Sorry for the lack of news, but it took more time than expected to get settled on my new home.

Development will resume this weekend, so hopefully by the end of next week I will be able to get a new version out. :)

The good thing is that a lot have happened on the official 2.2 ROM and other developments, so B8 will probably be much better.
    New version, build 7:
    - Updated to AOSP master branch, hundreds of bugfixes.
    - Fixed some issues with wifi (props to nadlabak)
    - Fixed color blending issues (mostly visible on scroll glow).
    - Fixed some video recording issues, now uses h264/aac for high quality mode.
    - Some changes on APN list for Brazilian carriers.
    New version (build 6):

- More memory tuning. Now based on Google’s recommendation for low memory devices.
    - Zipaligned all Google Apps
    - Fixed light sensor (props to nadlabak)
    - Disabled 3D drawer again (will provide as a separate patch)
    - Added Nexus S wallpapers.
    - Several other bugfixes that might result in crash of the phone.

There's still a lot to be fixed, and again, memory tuning will take a while before it hits the "sweetspot". Since I do use the default launcher, it's less noticiable for me, ADW at least seems to not cope well with these releases. Might be a bug on either the ROM or ADW, I really don't know. :)
    About an hour or so, finishing the release compilation and then, just upload. :)