Open Recovery MiniMod by -FuFu- [Feb 03 2013] v0.23

Search This thread

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
im not test the resize option with swap, only with fat and ext and there it seams to work... i wil take a look at the script to find the issues...

to fix your problem, make a nandroid of sddata only and use SD Tools splitt option, this will delete all partitions and recreate them with your selected size...
after that restore the sddata nandroid...

hope it helps and all works for you

@pnsdhrn
at the moment there is no option to install/reinstall/deinstall the 98swapon script, but i will include it in the next update, for now you must copy the script uself via terminal or rootexplorer...
after update the rom, 98swapon must be recopied to /system/etc/init.d but you can also copy the script into the cm update.zip befor flashing ;)

Thank you dear FuFu again for your kind information.
pnsdhrn

scoutme

Jul 3, 2010
Given my setup:
12GB FAT
3.75GB ext4
256MB swap

If I run the 2GB resize command what will I get?

------------
EDIT: ok, I read the script... If everything goes right I should have this setup
0 to [card size - ext size - swap size] => FAT
[card size - ext size - swap size] to [card size - swap size] => EXT with restored apps
[card size - swap size] to [card size] => swap

nice script...

Last edited:

-FuFu-

Given my setup:
12GB FAT
3.75GB ext4
256MB swap

If I run the 2GB resize command what will I get?
just test ^^ but make a backup befor...
at the moment i dont have tme to take a look at the script, but i think it will work, if not, only the swap partition are deletet (i think but dont know exactly)

on my 2gb test sdcard the resize works...

an when you start the resize, the script ask you for ext size, if you want to create swap partition, if so it ask for swap size, then the script will make a backup from ext partition, then delete all partitions only the fat will stay, then it resize if needed the fat and recreate the other partitions, after that it restore the ext backup

scoutme

Jul 3, 2010
Actually the script resized swap partition by adding extra space to ext partition and leaving fat unaltered...

CanAndroid

Jul 5, 2012
It seems like its trying to perform the steps slightly out of order. It looks like it's trying to resize the FAT before doing anything with the ext or swap, which might be fine if making the FAT smaller, but if going the other way, it will overlap the partitions and cause an error. I'm no expert, but IMO, the steps should be:
1. Backup sd-data
2. unmount and remove ext and swap partitions
3. resize FAT
4. create ext and swap
5. Restore sd-data

CanAndroid

Jul 5, 2012
Hm, I had a quick look, and nothing jumps out at me. All I know is that when it ran, it seemed to not remove the old ext partition properly - it gave an error about already being in use, and then the fat resize gave an error about overlapping partitions.
Does it need another line after the umount /sddata? ie:
umount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2.....

-FuFu-

try to change this
go to line 184 and change
if [ "$NUM" != "0" ]; then
echo "delete old ext partition..."
while [ $NUM != 1 ]; do
"/sbin/parted" -s /dev/block/mmcblk0 rm $NUM
NUM=`expr $NUM - 1`
done
fi
to
while [ $NUM != 1 ]; do
NUM=`expr $NUM - 1`
done
make a backup befor test it... if you change while [ $NUM != 1 ]; do to while [ $NUM != 0 ]; do all partitons will be delete

CanAndroid

Jul 5, 2012
try to change this
go to line 184 and change

to

make a backup befor test it... if you change while [ $NUM != 1 ]; do to while [ $NUM != 0 ]; do all partitons will be delete

It does get inside the If statement though... when it runs, it does display the message "delete old ext partition...", and then immediately after, I get the error message. The actual message is:
"Error: Partition /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 is being used. You must unmount it before you modify it with Parted."
The next line says:
"Resize fat32-partition on card 0. This may take a while..."
Followed by the next error:
"Error: Can't have overlapping partitions"

So based on the first error message, I don't think removing that if statement will help - it is actually attempting to remove the partition, it just thinks it is still mounted.

I really don't understand why it's not working - the split works fine, and it is essentially the same code....

Last edited:

-FuFu-

i think the ext partition is still busy after create the backup... you can also test to use umount -f /sddata
other way is to delete the backup option for the ext partition, in splitt option it works with umount /sddata

just change
Code:
		while [ $NUM != 1 ]; do
			NUM=`expr $NUM - 1`
		done
	fi
to
Code:
sync
sleep 5
umount -f /sddata
		while [ $NUM != 1 ]; do
			NUM=`expr $NUM - 1`
		done
	fi

CanAndroid

Jul 5, 2012
i think the ext partition is still busy after create the backup... you can also test to use umount -f /sddata
other way is to delete the backup option for the ext partition, in splitt option it works with umount /sddata

just change
Code:
		while [ $NUM != 1 ]; do
			NUM=`expr $NUM - 1`
		done
	fi
to
Code:
sync
sleep 5
umount -f /sddata
		while [ $NUM != 1 ]; do
			NUM=`expr $NUM - 1`
		done
	fi

Still no luck so far... I haven't tried without the backup yet though.

CanAndroid

Jul 5, 2012
Yeah, it works fine without the backup.... so for some reason it's holding something open and not allowing an unmount.

Reactions: -FuFu-

nagabushan.c

Dec 28, 2011
Bengaluru
Dear -FuFu-,

I observed a bug. Once a enter to Nandroid menu then do a wipe, there is no option to comeback to main menu, it just loops within nandroid.. please check that and fix in next update. I'm speaking about 0.21v

-FuFu-

Dear -FuFu-,

I observed a bug. Once a enter to Nandroid menu then do a wipe, there is no option to comeback to main menu, it just loops within nandroid.. please check that and fix in next update. I'm speaking about 0.21v
this was a bug in v0.20... in v0.21 it is fixed....

please recopy OpenRecovery to your sdcard but befor please delete the folder bin and init from OpenRecovery folder on your sdcard...

here it works fine, i just use the wipe menu 10 minutes ago and i dont have a loop here

mileykong

Apr 14, 2011
hi FuFu

i Have some problem with my swap, i can't install any app from play store, i have some error mssg "insufficient storange available" when installing app. i Think my swap is not working. my internal mmry have 185mb available space. can you help to solve this problem?

walker666

Oct 20, 2009
Zagreb
hi FuFu

i Have some problem with my swap, i can't install any app from play store, i have some error mssg "insufficient storange available" when installing app. i Think my swap is not working. my internal mmry have 185mb available space. can you help to solve this problem?

That has nothing with swap, it's phone's internal storage. Try freeing some space with removing some apps or if you have sd-ext type this in your terminal:

su
lib2ext 1

Then restart your phone. Hope it helps...

Sent from my Milestone using xda app-developers app

CanAndroid

Jul 5, 2012
Hey FuFu, I was playing around with it a bit more, simply added the line "cd /" after the tar backup, and everything appears to be working again. I guess it doesn't let you unmount if your current directory is inside the partition?

Reactions: -FuFu-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi @all...

now i will present you my new OR Mod named Minimod
    its my first thread here on XDA, hope i do it right ;)

Logo_MiniMod.jpg

my mod is based on the Original Open Recovery by skrilax_cz, no changes in binarys, i only add some new features (most features known out of other OR mods like Androidiani or GOT OR)

my old OR mod (OR SE) will not be continued (if some one use it, sorry)

Use this link to report bugs, or request new functionality and mods

RSS Feed: don't miss any update, just add my RSS Feed

Functions Overview: Features Overview Wiki
    also all Stock OpenRecovery Features like nandroid, apply update, apply script etc. included in Minimod

Homepage: minimod - Google Project Hosting
    There you can find the download, the wiki, and the issues page (where you can put bugs, and request for new addons)

latest Version: v0.23
    Changelog: will be come later
    Download: Minimod v0.23

New Addon Relesed: Addon Pack with special features for "TheFroyoMod"
    Infos and Download here
    (not compatible with Version 0.10 or above)

Changelog
    03/02/2013
    Changelog
    - changelog will be come soon

Changelog
    Changelog
    - new screens will be come soon

Updates
    24/05/2011
    - redesigns the Project Homepage
    - add Wikis to Project Home
    - add screenshots to Wiki

hope you you like my work, the wiki will come in the next days...
    i just started the project, but i still work on it... for now i will work on the project page to add the wiki and function overview. if you find a bug or something may not work right, please report it on the issues page on the project homepage, i try my best to fix it as fast i can.

at last, sorry for my bad english, but i dont trust google translate, it dont speech much german ;) so i try my best and hope that all understand me

01main.png
    02modding.png

03sc.png
    04backup.png

05freespace.png
    06misc.png

07fb-m.png
    07-2fb1.png

07-2fb2.png
    08dsa-1.png

08dsa-2.png

--- add screenshots (23/05/2011)
    --- edit screenshots (25/05/2011)
    --- add rss feed (25/05/2011)
    --- add v0.04 (05/08/2011)
    --- add v0.05 (27/08/2011)
    --- add v0.06 (29/08/2011)
    UPDATE Time
    New MiniMod Version 0.22

*Changelog:*
    - some little script changes
    - update to latest 2ndboot OR from nadlabak

Download: http://code.google.com/p/minimod/downloads/detail?name=Minimod_V0.22.zip

i just update to latest 2ndboot OR from nadlabak and fix the bug when resize sdcard...
    also i add new options to wipe menu, to wipe ext partition or only delete apps from ext partition...

if find some bug, please just post here i try do fix them
    UPDATE TIME
    Download: Minimod_V0.21.zip - minimod - MiniMod v0.21 - Mod based on Open Recovery for Milestone - Google Project Hosting
    Changelog: Changelog_v0_21 - minimod - Changelog from Version 0.21 - Mod based on Open Recovery for Milestone - Google Project Hosting

add SD Tools Menu

now you be able to create swap partition

new resize option will resize your fat partition without deleate all data, but you must have enough free space on sdcard to create the new partitions...
    if a ext partition exist, the script will backup the data and restore it after resize is finished...

hope all works fine, if found some bugs or issues just post here or on http://code.google.com/p/minimod/issues/list

///EDIT///
    splitting and resize option now use the correct sdcard size, hope it works on all sdcards, i test it on 2gb, 8gb and 16gb sdcards
    UPDATE TIME

latest Version: v0.10
    Changelog:
    - add AROMA Filemanager 1.01 (all credits to amarullz from xda Forum)
    - add AROMA Installer and use it as a TouchInterface? (all credits to amarullz from xda Forum)
    - some little script changes
    Download: Minimod v0.10

New Addon Relesed: Addon Pack with special features for "TheFroyoMod"
    Infos and Download here
    (not compatible with Version 0.10 or above)

full changelog at http://code.google.com/p/minimod/wiki/Changelog_v0_10

hope you like it... if you find some bugs or have any issues, please report here in the Thread or in my bugtracker at http://code.google.com/p/minimod/issues/list
    all credits for AROMA Filemanager and AROMA Installer goes to amarullz
    sorry for the little bug in the Menu...
    i hope i have fix it, just look here http://code.google.com/p/minimod/issues/detail?id=1
    there i upload a file, hope it works, if not, please comment at the issue page

i include the V5 Script cause its a normal sh script and it is simple to include it, may i will update to V6...

next i work on is a addonpack for CM6 and 7, also one pack for TheFroyoMod, with special modding options for this roms...
    they will be little packages to include in Minimod (just addon ^^)

i will take screenshots later the day and will post they in first post

the minimod also include all stock OpenRecovery features like nandroid, apply script etc. ;) i forgot to say that in first post, i will add it soon ;)