Search crippled after upgrading to Live Search 4.0.12158.1

Search This thread

rlsmith999

Dec 6, 2008
A few days ago I was prompted to update Live Search. I love this application and was hoping the new version would increase the microscopic street name font size, so I installed 4.0.12158.1. Unfortunately the only difference I have noted is the addition of a "Locate Me" function based on cell tower location. But now half of my searches don't work. With the prior version of Live Search I was able to search for just about anything and quickly find it. Now even my own address cannot be found, which I frequently used in the old version. I can't even find most of my contacts - when I select a contact it searches for the address, then states "We couldn't find any result for blah blah." This is ridiculous. Has anyone upgraded to Live Search 4.0.12158.1 and noticed this horrible problem? Thanks for your assistance.

Hard12kill

Nov 26, 2008
Same here dude I loved it till I updated a few days ago. Now it lags and is mostly unusable. I think I am going to try to revert back. I used the GPS well in my first version. In the new one, the gps rarely works for me.

emesbe

Jan 12, 2008
Chicago area
I've had the same thing. First time I try to access any of the services, I generally get a connection failed message -- even if I have Opera running in the background. If I wait a few seconds and try again, it then works and I can access all services. Definitely annoying.

merrittjr

Jul 3, 2008
I too am having the same issue. I've quit using it until they get this fixed. I thought I was the only one with this problem. Google Maps it is.

rlsmith999

Dec 6, 2008
Live Search 4.1.2029.1 now available - font size increase?

I am the OP. I Was prompted yesterday to install new version 4.1.2029.1. The street names are now a larger font. Compare the two pics attached. The first was version 3.x, the second is version 4.1.2029.1.

Unfortunately the search problems have not been resolved. I still cannot find my own house even when typing in the address. And 90% of my contacts cannot be found even though they have perfect addresses. Arghhh.

Attachments

• Screen02.png
    Screen02.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen17.png
    Screen17.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 15