[ICS] Nyan Colonel v5 (Atarashii) Voodoo & No Voodoo

Search This thread

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
I'm on my 4th epic and I used to love voodoo until I got this one, and now love default over voodoo color. However this kernel is freaking beast and will totally sacrifice wierd colors for this performance. Just a request if you could somehow make a .zip fllashable voodoo color removal tool or an alternate kernel without voodoo color (voodoo sound is still very good) that would be much appreciated. I'm sure I am not alone but thank you for this awesome sauce of a kernel.

Sent from my Nexus Slide 4G
I can make two versions no problem :p

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

lmsomb

May 2, 2010
Union City
Mine also sleeps like a baby

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334512658589.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334512658589.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 275

djjroc007

Apr 27, 2011
Detroit
Google Pixel 6
Really odd. I get no issues using so/on demand. Try uninstalling nstools and clearing all the UV stuff in the kernel part of recovery then reboot.

450ef765-0ac4-5dc3.jpg

Ok, cleared all the ns settings in the recovery, cleaned the kernel files in recovery, and had to reflash the kernel. Wiped the caches and reflashed. Didn't reinstall nstools yet, but in cpuspy it is sleeping now. Thanks.

Weird thing though, after all that, I lost haptic feedback. There isn't even the option in the sound menu anymore for vibrate on touch. :confused:

I'm on aokp b31, btw. Guess I'll just re-flash the rom, but that is strange.

nathan951

Sep 5, 2010
So on voltage control and setcpy mine slept fine, but could NOT get 100mhz to stick/work...

On nstools I COULD get 100mhz to work but it would NOT sleep.

So if I don't use any of the three sleep,100-1000mhz works, but no oc/uv

And still on reboot I get normal colors for first 5-10sec of boot/splash, then it goes green, then about 1m later it looks like it loads vodoo setting and goes normal again

djjroc007

Apr 27, 2011
Detroit
Google Pixel 6
So on voltage control and setcpy mine slept fine, but could NOT get 100mhz to stick/work...

On nstools I COULD get 100mhz to work but it would NOT sleep.

So if I don't use any of the three sleep,100-1000mhz works, but no oc/uv

And still on reboot I get normal colors for first 5-10sec of boot/splash, then it goes green, then about 1m later it looks like it loads vodoo setting and goes normal again

Maybe that was my problem. On v4 I was running both vc and ns tools, and had 100 and sleep working fine. Before I updated to 4.1, I uninstalled both voltage control and ns tools, updated, installed ns tools only and it wouldn't sleep. I don't have either installed right now and its sleeping fine too. Not sure which way to go now. Maybe use both again?

MДЯCЦSДИT

Nov 21, 2010
NStools is fine for me... I will post and md5 when I get home.

MДЯCЦSДИT

Nov 21, 2010
Can I get an md5? Well, too late now....epic has broken usb port but can still charge and I flashed this and soft-bricked.

Bring it into sprint and yell at them? Or you could just take it apart and reinsert the USB connector. Also try another cable and slip it in slow.

mis3

Oct 29, 2010
About to install this now. Is there any benefit from running V6 supercharger with this kernel and CM9b2?

Bigjohn_S

Dec 11, 2008
atlanta area
About to install this now. Is there any benefit from running V6 supercharger with this kernel and CM9b2?
same kinda questions - v6 adds what? better battery life?

oh, and what's a good scheduler / governor combo? With my old Marcusant ROM (first post ACS rom?) I could squeeze 30 hours out of my extended battery. I got 8 out of the standard battery last night.

steelers_exe

Apr 9, 2011
Had my first problem on this kernel, but it probably wasn't at fault. Tried flashing the mod from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1595851 and while it was pretty cool, I didn't really like it. Long story short, I tried restoring a backup I had made earlier, but for some reason it got stuck in a bootloop. Wiped data/dalvik, to no avail. Even an earlier nandroid bootlooped. So I just factory wiped, reflashed the rom, and I'm in the process of getting everything back in order. I read on the thread something about the mod changing the systemui, maybe that was the cause of this?

Sent from my Supercharged CM9 Shadow Epic 4G

sonarchist

Mar 27, 2011
Washington, DC
Had my first problem on this kernel, but it probably wasn't at fault. Tried flashing the mod from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1595851 and while it was pretty cool, I didn't really like it. Long story short, I tried restoring a backup I had made earlier, but for some reason it got stuck in a bootloop. Wiped data/dalvik, to no avail. Even an earlier nandroid bootlooped. So I just factory wiped, reflashed the rom, and I'm in the process of getting everything back in order. I read on the thread something about the mod changing the systemui, maybe that was the cause of this?

Did you completely wipe/factory reset PRIOR to restoring your backup?......sounds like you wiped the 2 caches ONLY then attempted your restore, + right into a bootloop.

steelers_exe

Apr 9, 2011
Did you completely wipe/factory reset PRIOR to restoring your backup?......sounds like you wiped the 2 caches ONLY then attempted your restore, + right into a bootloop.

Yea, right on the money. Once that happened though, I did do a complete wipe/factory reset, but maybe the damage had been done already. Although I'm not sure how a problem like that could persist after a full wipe.

steelers_exe

Apr 9, 2011
That was my first thought once I saw it, but I figured it was somewhat of a "theme" for CMW. but now you've got me wondering....

Sent from my Supercharged CMNyan Epic 4G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please try shadow, samurai, and stock kernels also for a bit to see what one you like best! Don't choose a kernel because everyone else likes it or because it has a long feature list and fancy new shiny things.

6b32ae90-01ca-47b8.jpg

This is a kernel, not a full ROM... please use AOKP, MIUI4, or CM9 with this...

Atarashii - New/Fresh - This kernel was made to revolutionize what all of the current 'normal' Epic kernels have. I have added in tweaks and mods that were never before seen on the Epic, long forgotten, and from other devices such as the Nexus S and i9000.

Hopefully (probably) most other kernel developers will implement these new features and help keep the Epic current.

I prefer that you use NSTools to overclock and undervolt and do other tweaks. It is more featured than Voltage Control and this kernel supports it better. Voltage Control works fine too but I recommend uninstalling all cpu tools you have and installing NSTools.

I am not responsible to ANYTHING that happens to you or your phone as a result of using this kernel. Most things in this are experimental to a point but have been tested and confirmed safe.

Some of these features have NEVER been used before on the Epic, so don't expect everything that you are used to. Things can and will be different than usual.

Feature List

• Voodoo Sound v10 by Supercurio
    • Voodoo Color by Supercurio
    • Optimized compiler flags by netarchy and Ezekeel
    • Live OC (on the fly bus overclock) by Ezekeel (Use NSTools app, not voltage control)
    • Custom Undervolt by Ezekeel (Use NSTools app, not voltage control)
    • Misc. bugfixes
    • Battery Life eXtender (BLX) v1 by Ezekeel
    • OS tools compiled with O3
    • Swappiness set to 10 from 60 (Rodderik)
    • Voodoo mDNIe (keeps text sharp and backgrounds don't look like crap)
    • Defconfig tweaks
    • Overclocking (no need for enabling crap in Voltage Control)
    • Undervolting both via Voltage Control and NSTools (Ezekeel & nubecoder)
    • Tweaked ondemand
    • Tweaked conservative
    • Optimized SIO
    • Optimized deadline
    • Added TINY_PREEMPT_RCU
    • Added optimized CRC32 algorithm
    • Optimized ARM RWSEM algorithm
    • JHash 3
    • Added SLQB memory allocator
    • Add 3 Button Reboot
    • Increase default readahead to 1024kB
    • Voodoo Color defaults that do not suck
    • Allow CPU-supported unaligned accesses
    • Some SD/MMC tweaks (might reduce wakelocks)
    • mDNIe is enabled but tweaked to look good
    • Swag

Major thanks

• Ezekeel
    • Team Glitch
    • Epiccm team
    • bbelos
    • nubecoder
    • nullghost
    • rodderik
    • supercurio
    • Aprosamurai
    • thomasskull666
    • Many many others

Source
    https://github.com/marcusant/Atarashii

Download
    v5 w/ Voodoo: http://marcusant.com/nyankernel/epic/nyan_v5_perm.zip
    a0e5cca4fdc856c4468f8188e5d0c871

v5 w/o Voodoo: http://marcusant.com/nyankernel/epic/nyan_v5_perm_noVoodoo.zip
    ce52381883c180a09aefb2e3e427e730

Replace TWRP with CWM (flash within TWRP with inject off): http://marcusant.com/android/epic/restore-cwm.zip
    Changelog​

v5 WiP
    -Update to beta3 of cm9
    -Change DVFS relayed things
    -Cypress touch key fixes
    -Update to kernel 2.35.13 (still listed as .7)
    -Switch to git SHA1
    -Add boot progress bar
    -Switch to crespo mdnie
    -Reduce log buffer size
    -Battery updates from infuse
    -KSM
    -ULP_FREQ lowered to 400mhz
    -Sysfs control for capacitive lights
    -Glibc versions of string and memcopy
    -Add proportional rate reduction
    -Fix Google Maps
    -Increase USB strength
    -More

v4.1
    -Fix green flashing to some extent

v4.2
    -Add TWRP (may go back to CWM) (Dees-Troy)

v4.3
    -Add some misc stuff
    -Switched to voodoo color settings from bbelos
    -Fixed some sleeping stuff and 100mhz (mkasick)
    -Increase USB strength
    -Add sysfs control for softkeys (bbelos)
    -Update to current beta3 of CM9 (still works on AOKP and older CM9 builds)
    -Fixed GMaps​
    Please uninstall NSTools if you have deep sleep issues and use Voltage Control.

Hehe...this sounds kinda like those medication commercials with all the side effects that seem much worse than what you're trying to treat in the first place:

"Ask your doctor about Nyan Colonel. Tell your doctor if you see flashes of green when you open your eyes, as this could be a serious eyeball gamma problem. Don't take Nyan Colonel if you have liver, kidney, or colon problems or if you have deep sleep issues. Side effects include overclocking, snappy menu response, increased battery life, and spontaneous fits of laughter when hearing the phrase "I love my iPhone"

You have to remember that I am not making this for YOU or even the community. I make this for MYSELF...