[ROM][JB+, 4.2.2]OFFICIAL AOKP for Droid 4 [LATEST BUILD 5-23-13][NIGHTLIES]

Search This thread

panamakevin

Pretty sure blutooth is working fine on all JB kexec ROMs. I know it works fine on Avatar and CM10.1.

Droid 4 - Avatar

I am currently using the 6/15/13 nightly and bluetooth is still cutting off on me, It works for a little while then it will just drop off and I can turn it back on. It will toggle on for a split second then turn off... I'm still waiting to see if i lose GPS again like I did on the last AOKP nightly I ran... I might give CM10.1 a try again, but I will miss my swagger...

ghostlobster

Aug 11, 2012
I have the exact same issue, but in CM 10.1. The only way around it that I've found is to restart the device into recovery and wipe dalvik. Upon reboot BT works fine, until the next time, and then, reboot, recovery, wipe dalvik, repeat as necessary.
It's not a fix, but it's a workaround for now.

I am currently using the 6/15/13 nightly and bluetooth is still cutting off on me, It works for a little while then it will just drop off and I can turn it back on. It will toggle on for a split second then turn off... I'm still waiting to see if i lose GPS again like I did on the last AOKP nightly I ran... I might give CM10.1 a try again, but I will miss my swagger...

MikeyNick

Mar 14, 2009
Anyone know if there are still plans to work on AOKP? I notice the nightlies have become more like weeklies, and there hasn't been a milestone since mid april.

If it seems like support for AOKP is falling off and no one else can pick up the reigns, I might be able to. I'm a full time software dev, so I might not be able to devote quite as much time for it, but better some progress than none... I'm pretty devoted to the Droid 4, as it seems it'll be the last of a dying breed of physical keyboard phones.

So, if help is desired, then someone please point me in the direction to get started :) I've never actually worked on ROMs, but I'm a fairly quick learner, so just let me know what to do and i'll start chipping away.

Gilly Monster

Aug 10, 2013
Ponte Vedra
SD Card Dectection CM 10.2

Anyone else having issues with the internal NAND flash on their phone? I can't access mine at all anyone have a fix for this issue? Or is there a way I can help weed this issue out? Thanks in advance!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ****ALL CREDIT FOR THIS GOES TO HASHCODE AND DHACKER****

I saw this rom on hashcode's rom page, but didn't see a thread for it here. So I decided to create one.

Discuss bugs, experiences, questions on this thread I guess.

Installation procedure should be the same as CM10.1:

"Using this ROM requires Safestrap v2.11 OR SAFESTRAP 3.X currently. As things progress we may add support for Bootstrap or others in.

In all cases moving from ICS to JB, I recommend a full wipe and Titanium Backup restore of just apps+data.

If moving from KEXEC STOCK there might be some issues where you will need to wipe and restore. Be aware.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLASHING:
    1. Download the ROM from the above link
    2. Grab Jellybean GApps
    3. Place both files on your SD card
    4. Reboot into Safestrap by pressing [menu] at the splash screen
    5. If necessary format /system when swapping from ICS to JB to make sure that GApps and other files are reset correctly
    6. Also if necessary do a wipe of data/cache (when moving between ICS and JB)
    7. Flash the .zip files as normal
    8. Reboot and let the phone sit for about 1 minute while it re-indexes files, etc."

Able to be installed on ANY slot in safestrap 3.x.

Build 6 and on is kexec, needs to be installed on romslot-2, as pointed out by Kwyrt

http://goo.im/devs/aokp/maserati

jsnweitzel's AOKP builds, among other Droid 4 goodies: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mhmmrku5e4x8boj/hbd5BE-Nae

The rom runs same as CM10.1, but has some other awesome features added to it :D

If you have any questions for Hashcode about this, I think it would be best to contact him on twitter at http://twitter.com/Hashcode0f
    Anyone know if there are still plans to work on AOKP? I notice the nightlies have become more like weeklies, and there hasn't been a milestone since mid april.

If it seems like support for AOKP is falling off and no one else can pick up the reigns, I might be able to. I'm a full time software dev, so I might not be able to devote quite as much time for it, but better some progress than none... I'm pretty devoted to the Droid 4, as it seems it'll be the last of a dying breed of physical keyboard phones.

So, if help is desired, then someone please point me in the direction to get started :) I've never actually worked on ROMs, but I'm a fairly quick learner, so just let me know what to do and i'll start chipping away.
    Just flashed Hashcode's official AOKP Build 4 from the AOKP Goo.im site. I moved from ICS (Eclipse). Some notes from myself and about issues I've seen mentioned on this thread:

I wiped Cache, Dalvik x 3, Factory Reset x 3 & then Wiped System x 3. Then I installed this and JB-GApps. Then I wiped Cache & Dalvik x 3, Factory Reset x 3 and then rebooted phone.

1. First thing first, MY KEYBOARD WORKS! I got this phone (described as pretty much brand new, used once or twice) from Ebay and from the get go, while the phone looked fine physically, I had a huge problem with the physical keyboard. It just wouldn't light up or get recognised (screen keyboard would keep popping up while I was using it), even after Brightness Toggle, different Backlight Apps & flashing different ROMs (mostly MyFishBear's ones, but all of the ROMs were Stock Based). Decided to give this a try and it works! :D well, I'm still having an issue where it doesn't recognise that the physical keyboard is out and keeps popping up the touch keyboard but I've got apps to go around that so thats fine, plus I think its an hardware issue. All the keys work, except OK (I'm not sure it works or not, I don't use it anyway) but the light next to the Capslock button doesn't light up to indicate that Capslock is on and pressing Shift once makes it act like I've put it on Shift lock, it keeps popping up the alternate symbols on the keys and capitalises all the letters. I have to press shift and capslock a few times (mostly capslock twice solves it) to get rid of the shift key issue. Backlight for Keyboard also goes on, even if I don't have the keyboard on, every time I touch the screen. I've downloaded some Backlight apps, so I'll see what they do. Otherwise (though I am VERY happy to finally have backlight) it could be a battery drain.

2. Stock Camera works in taking pictures, both front and back. No flash though, except sometimes when focusing (but it turns off right after focus, when taking the actual picture). Stock Camera app isn't taking videos though. I keep pressing the record butting but it doesn't work. Third party apps (CameraZoomFX) works in taking photographs but no video. Camera Zoom also has an option of flash - torch which keeps the flash on at all times, focus and picture taking & this works.

3. I could pair & send/receive files from my Mac. I did not make a call so I don't know if the Bluetooth audio issue is still persistent. I also did not try and pair it with other devices (such as a headset).

4. The search button on screen wouldn't work. When I opened Google Voice Search, it force closed. I updated the app and didn't have it force close but it was stuck on the initialising stage (didn't freeze though). Google search works otherwise. The search button is working as well. I am not on Google Now btw. Voice Dialler also doesn't work, keeps telling me it couldn't initiate and connection to headset lost? I don't / wasn't using any headsets and Bluetooth was off. Tried to use two different Audio Recorder apps but it kept showing an error. Easy Voice Recorder says it could not initialise the audio recorder / ensure no other apps are using the microphone. Problem still persists after rebooting. Maybe related to the bluetooth issue? I haven't had this problem on Stock / Stock-based ROMs. Haven't seen anyone else bring this issue up so I don't know if its just me. Can anyone else replicate this? I know its not a hardware issue (mic works on voice calls and used to work on Stock ROMS). Update: I deleted some files and folders in my internal memory so had to reflash. This time I updated everything and haven't yet touched bluetooth but recording apps, voice dialler and voice search still can't find mic.

5. The screen flickers a bit when scrolling up and down, especially if I scroll fast.

6. Just the issue of SD card moving from internal to external is a bit annoying esp. since apps can't detect internal SD and I have to copy all my backup files onto external SD using Root Explorer.

7. GSM works in the UK with Orange. Had to do Lum's build.prop changes and input the APNs myself though. But works either way.

Other then that, so far so good! Had one android.phone.process (after reboot when I've re-linked all my apps) and two android.media force closes. I'll see how it goes and report back. Hope this answers any questions people have. Maybe someone who has Twitter can let Hash know about problem #4, if other people can replicate it? I don't think anyone else has mentioned it before so it might be worth him being aware of it.

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

Can anyone verify if snapchat works please!?! I dont want to have to install this ROM and then go through the process of jumping back to eclipse all over
    I've never used SnapChat so I don't know how it would normally perform but its very laggy on this ROM. Keeps force closing, camera is either a blank black screen or frozen on a random frame. Hope that answers your question.
    I have been running Stock based AOKP for about a week now and it runs well. The only issue I have with it is no flash for the camera.

I also have been building my own from hashcode and dhacker29 source. I noticed that the stock-aokp build on rombot is a couple of days old. Here is one I did yesterday that is android 4.1.2 : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31584441#post31584441
    @dhacker posted a new Android 4.3 AOKP build yesterday. Build is JBMR2. I've been running it since last night and so far so good. Wifi didn't want to work until after a reboot but other than that, smooth sailing. You can find the build here: http://t.co/1RLd8B5QXT

Thanks @dhacker!