[OFFICIAL] SGH-T999 Galaxy S III Chat Thread!

Search This thread

imilleson

Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
www.sakalmedia.com
Yeah my thoughts exactly

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I second that

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

My buddy sent me this article and it really pissed me off how subjective it was and without factual basis. http://www.businessinsider.com/best-smartphones-2013-5?op=1 Basically this idiot blogger formulated a list of his opinions and then said everyone else also shared the same opinion.

From a purely specifications standpoint the Galaxy s4 is superior to them all. Also* the TouchWiz interface is way better than HTC Sense or iOS in my opinion. Every blogger has her own slant I guess

Just don't tell me it is a fact when it is a preference ...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

DigitalUnderground

Oct 4, 2012
Taken from my office window today... may 2... smdh

gepu8ugy.jpg

It was 65 just two days ago

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
So what's the deal with walmarts and selling phones? I'm debating on the HTC one and wondering if its availability will be more lucrative over at Walmart since tmobile retail stores sell out so quick.hoping a friend of mine gets the phone soon to help my decision. Nice right up Saranhai (probably spelled that wrong)

On hat note its hot in phoenix Arizona the pool is my only savior and ac of course lol.

T-Mobile SGS III

saranhai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere
So what's the deal with walmarts and selling phones? I'm debating on the HTC one and wondering if its availability will be more lucrative over at Walmart since tmobile retail stores sell out so quick.hoping a friend of mine gets the phone soon to help my decision. Nice right up Saranhai (probably spelled that wrong)

On hat note its hot in phoenix Arizona the pool is my only savior and ac of course lol.

T-Mobile SGS III

Write not right** ;)
good job spelling my name right :p
a lot of people just shorten it to "sara" and i'm like..bro...i ain't a girl.

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild

T-Mobile SGS III

I was also considering the HTC One. But the wife bought it and I'm not a big fan after using it. It's a solid built phone, looks great and feels nice in the hand. The UI is pretty nice, other than Blinkfeed taking up an entire page that you cannot remove unless you use a custom launcher. But between the non-removable battery, no SD slot (not a huge deal), and the fact that you have to put up with Blinkfeed taking up an entire page whether you like it or not, I decided the S4 will be my next phone. I'm not a huge fan of Samsung's choice of physical build, but I do like everything else. If they would build a phone like the HTC One with their software, I would be all over it. I also like the fact that they are so easy to modify without worrying about S-OFF, RIL's, etc.. But this might not be the case much longer as they locked the bootloader on a couple variants of the s4 (thankfully not T-Mobile's).

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
I was also considering the HTC One. But the wife bought it and I'm not a big fan after using it. It's a solid built phone, looks great and feels nice in the hand. The UI is pretty nice, other than Blinkfeed taking up an entire page that you cannot remove unless you use a custom launcher. But between the non-removable battery, no SD slot (not a huge deal), and the fact that you have to put up with Blinkfeed taking up an entire page whether you like it or not, I decided the S4 will be my next phone. I'm not a huge fan of Samsung's choice of physical build, but I do like everything else. If they would build a phone like the HTC One with their software, I would be all over it. I also like the fact that they are so easy to modify without worrying about S-OFF, RIL's, etc.. But this might not be the case much longer as they locked the bootloader on a couple variants of the s4 (thankfully not T-Mobile's).

The only thing stopping me is the fact that HTC made it, and that's the only reason I want it. I'm tired of my phones look and feel lol. 100% agree with you on other levels though. I have a feeling I'm going to stick it out with the S III still. Question did you try disabling the app you're talking about that is taking up ta page? Or can you remove the page from the stock launcher?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
The only thing stopping me is the fact that HTC made it, and that's the only reason I want it. I'm tired of my phones look and feel lol. 100% agree with you on other levels though. I have a feeling I'm going to stick it out with the S III still. Question did you try disabling the app you're talking about that is taking up ta page? Or can you remove the page from the stock launcher?

Yeah, I'm still deciding if I should stick it out with the s3 too.

With the Blinkfeed they made it so you can't remove that page and can't disable the app at all. If you remove the linked accounts/news feeds it just shows empty boxes. It looks like Windows phone and that page scrolls so it's not a regular launcher page. It kind of defeats the whole "complete customization" of Android.

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
That's a d word move. Like I said though lol, I want it cause its HTC but I don't cause its HTC. Their build quality is what I want but not their phones lol. The boot locking and the no removable battery and a lot of their other ways of doing stuff is just dumb IMO. Is it true that they don't have the removable battery and sdcard cause they think it confused people? I read that some where but have no clue where.

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
That's a d word move. Like I said though lol, I want it cause its HTC but I don't cause its HTC. Their build quality is what I want but not their phones lol. The boot locking and the no removable battery and a lot of their other ways of doing stuff is just dumb IMO. Is it true that they don't have the removable battery and sdcard cause they think it confused people? I read that some where but have no clue where.

Lol I agree. I like the build quality, but don't really like HTC. It's true, there is no sd slot and it's a solid phone with no removable back cover. No way to replace the battery. I think its kind of stupid because I usually replace my battery after a year due to not holding a good charge. Batteries aren't advanced enough yet to make them irreplaceable in a device that goes through about 350 charge cycles a year.

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
The battery deal is agreeable in my opinion even if treated "properly" they just aren't going to last 2 year or more at all. That and the fact I work where I'm on the go a lot and can't always just stop and charge my phone sometimes. I usually carry 3 batteries on me at all times so I kinda need that option.

DigitalUnderground

Oct 4, 2012
HTC Amaze and HTC One S were enough reason to keep me away from HTC from now on. I'm sticking with my s3 till maybe the s5 or MAYBE even the s6. I would get a nexus if samsung made it again

Reactions: 4Orr and ziggy46

4Orr

Jan 26, 2012
HTC Amaze and HTC One S were enough reason to keep me away from HTC from now on. I'm sticking with my s3 till maybe the s5 or MAYBE even the s6. I would get a nexus if samsung made it again

I totally agree on both counts. My last device was a HTC Glacier and although it was a decent device, the fact HTC went with a non-removable battery and no sdcard I now steer clear of their devices.
I'm going to be enjoying my SG3 for a while longer. For those moving on to the SG4, enjoy your new hardware and updated TW.

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix

I just want a sexy exterior like htc and a phone with the openness like the s3 has. If its a nexus or a sense ui or touchwiz ui I dont really care lol. Just a nice design, removable battery, and for the processor and such to be open not like nvidia or even some exynos if I remember right. Qualcomm is very reasonable so far other wise cm wouldnt play so nice on our phones.

DigitalUnderground

Oct 4, 2012
I totally agree on both counts. My last device was a HTC Glacier and although it was a decent device, the fact HTC went with a non-removable battery and no sdcard I now steer clear of their devices.
I'm going to be enjoying my SG3 for a while longer. For those moving on to the SG4, enjoy your new hardware and updated TW.

The Glacier was my last htc phone that I swear by. Both of the ones I had (mine and my ex wifes) are still running solid with no issues 3 yrs later. Incredible device.

Reactions: 4Orr

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
So I got the S4. Love it but I can see how people say it really isn't an upgrade. But to me it is since I like having the newest phones. Sold my S3 for 280+ a LG Optimus L9 and then sold the l9 for 160. I love Craigslist.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

monkeypaws

Feb 19, 2012
I charge the batteries to the old Glaciers every two months in the old chance I have to go back to either off them in a pinch.

Wife still has then glacier since launch date. Of course she's had many replacements . but its an awesome phone.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: 4Orr

monkeypaws

Feb 19, 2012
The glacier was definitely built more rugged than the SG3.

I think next phone will have to try something else. I feel like the sgs line is starting to feel the same over and over. I've always been an HTC fan since the mt3g. I had the amaze before ingot the sgs2 and while I liked the build didn't like the mic and the screen. Loved having a dedicated shutter button.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just need to say this... our S3 development is amazing. We have such a nice variety of ROMs, Mods, themes, and some really great developers... and mad props to the support teams that help out too... im really really happy with this device.

Thanks to everyone :D

Hello guys! As most of you guys can see, I'm new around here, just got my S III couple days ago.

We have a thread like this in the HTC Glacier Forums, where users can come together and discuss life, or any other off topic related subjects.

Rules:
    • Yes, this thread has rules too
    • No trolling
    • No offensive images, words, etc
    • Be nice
    • Have fun! :D

This worked really well for the Glacier forum, hopefully users can get together here as well!
    Expect to see more of me soon. :)

-Saranhai
    +1. If they want to shove ads in our faces, they should create a free version for that. It's not cool to charge for an app and include ads.

Yeah not cool at all... And it was in my favorite topic section too... I cant remove it. I was like wtf is this. Like towle stated... We paid for this app... Ads are unacceptable

Swift, smooth and graceful action. Check this out.