[Q] Looking for ORANG001 Nandroid backup

Search This thread

Viridis

Nov 17, 2010
Hey guys, anyone got a 2.17.61.3 stock nandroid backup for ORANG001 (Orange UK)?
Struggling to find it uploaded anywhere.

Need this or the custom ruu to use the downgrading trick to update my hboot.

Thanks! :)

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Then you have to wait until its fixed, or when bugsy get the chance to host it on his sire :(

Reactions: Viridis

Viridis

Nov 17, 2010
Yeah :s

Trying to update my hboot, because right now the phone randomly turns off and requires me to hold down the power button. Also gets stuck on optimizing apps.

Thought I'd ask here in case anyone had it floating around in their download folder.

Thanks though!

Viridis

Nov 17, 2010
That could work! Would I flash the firmware in the same way as I would in the RUU/hboot upgrade guides, or can I skip locking the bootloader and stock recovery?

Like:

fastboot oem lock
reboot
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip <zip>

re-unlock etc.

Viridis

Nov 17, 2010
Did all that, stock rom crashed, flashed IceColdJelly and that crashed after a while. Phone won't turn on now like before, might turn on after a while, I always have to hold down the button for a long time now.

Thinking maybe this is a hardware / battery problem although everyone was fine before I when from Carbon 1.3 -> 1.5, going back to 1.3 didn't help. :(

Not really sure what to do now :s

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Do the firmware flash all over ! Then reflash the custom recovery, perform a real good wipe and install the rom again. Helped before when i suggested it with someone who experienced similar problems

Viridis

Nov 17, 2010
Did all that, everything went fine until booting into system again, it crashed pretty much just after setup-up. The screen freezes and the button lights go to full brightness.

Would it be worth completely formatting the SD card too?

Trying to think of anything I'm doing wrong.. I do use the Motorola charger rather than an HTC one but I doubt that matters.

Thanks for helping thus far though!

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Also for flashing ? Never use another cable then the original !

And yeah its worth the try. Did you perform a full wipe in the recovery....really all stuff ? Caches, dalvik cache....data, system, factory reset. Then install the new rom and flash the boot.img....also wipe cache after flashing the boot.img

Fastboot erase cache

It looks more like a not good wipe problem to me

Last edited:

Viridis

Nov 17, 2010
OK I did a full wipe this time, system, sd card. I've got TWRP on there now which works fine. I flashed ICJ then the boot.img as well as wiping the cache.
Phone booted up fine was working for quite a while before it crashed again, the phone was plugged in using the Motorola plug charger when it crashed. I've been using a battery pack too which uses the power connection on the back.

The phone wouldn't turn on until I plugged it into USB for a while (no led) and held down power + volume down. I'm going to charge it up to full via usb in TWRP then see if it still crashes without charging and without the battery pack on.

I hope it doesn't because then it could just be I need to get the HTC plug/cable and stop using the case.

If it's a hardware problem then I'm not sure I'll be able to get it repaired as I bought this second hand (with a receipt, I could see if I can proof of purchase) and have unlocked the bootloader etc.
I suppose if the phone won't turn on though they can't know that.

Viridis

Nov 17, 2010
It crashed in recovery while making a backup and I haven't manage to get it back on yet, I've ordered a HTC cable / plug though. If I get it on I'll just charge it then turn it off, as when I turn it off (as opposed to it crashing) it turns on normally.

Not really looking good though :(

Viridis

Nov 17, 2010
Got the HTC plug and nothing seems different, still totally dead.I think it is a hardware failure of some sort, as with all the different software combinations I tried it was crashing regardless. (At least that's what I tell myself.)

I'm going to see if I can get it repaired on warranty and hope they don't check the IMEI.

Thanks for all the help :)

Viridis

Nov 17, 2010
Good news! HTC have fixed it and sent it back, charging it for a few hours now before I turn it on.
I'm not sure what broke it but I was using the wrong charger for the phone and also a cheap battery case to prolong its daily usage. I'm not sure whether I want to risk flashing roms again but I really don't like sense, it depends if I bricked it or not.

Top Liked Posts