●●● [UPDATE] ●●● GOOGLE MAPS 7.4 ●●● (Updated 11/8/13)

Search This thread

R.Suave

Apr 18, 2013
Texas

Google Maps Updated
nexusae0_unnamed-1_thumb2_thumb.png

Google Maps - Latest Update

v7.4
From previous version 7.2
●●
Downloads for Android 4.3
Mirror 1 ●●
Mirror 2 ●●

Downloads for Android 4.0.3+
Mirror 1 ●●
Mirror 2 ●●

To install, simply download the .apk from above to your device, and tap "install" when it finishes.

Changes No official change log avaliable
See source link for changes

↙ Please hit the
thanksbutton.jpg
button
So we don't have to scroll through pages of "Thanks" posts. Fulfill its purpose :angel:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Source: Android Police (see link for changes) ●●

Last edited:

xbt-

Aug 8, 2013
Moscow
Can't you get this from the app store? Or is this a special version?

Last edited:

phillip1953

Nov 3, 2010
Pacific Northwest
So create the shortcut, rolling back to 6 is dumb.

What's so great about version 7? With version 6.*, all I have to do is tap the microphone icon and speak. With version 7, first I have to tap the search bar, THEN tap the microphone, speak the address I'm wanting...THEN tap it again to route the map.

Version 6...One tap and I'm off to the races.
Version 7...three taps to do the same.

Would you mind explaining your shortcut to eliminate the extra inputs?

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
What's so great about version 7? With version 6.*, all I have to do is tap the microphone icon and speak. With version 7, first I have to tap the search bar, THEN tap the microphone, speak the address I'm wanting...THEN tap it again to route the map.

Version 6...One tap and I'm off to the races.
Version 7...three taps to do the same.

Would you mind explaining your shortcut to eliminate the extra inputs?

Nothing's "great" about 7. But it's better than having to avoid the update in the market. No matter what you do, TiBu detach, etc, it WILL show back up as an update, and that's just annoying :)

As for the shortcut to Navigation, that's simple. I did it in Nova in seconds, but your launcher may vary.. Long-press, Create Shortcut, Activities, Map, look for the Navigation intent. Created the typical blue pointer icon etc.

BTW, 7.2 makes Navigation less pokes. I agree that 7.0/7.1 you had to tap about 5 times to navigate which seemed pretty silly.

phillip1953

Nov 3, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Nothing's "great" about 7. But it's better than having to avoid the update in the market. No matter what you do, TiBu detach, etc, it WILL show back up as an update, and that's just annoying :)

As for the shortcut to Navigation, that's simple. I did it in Nova in seconds, but your launcher may vary.. Long-press, Create Shortcut, Activities, Map, look for the Navigation intent. Created the typical blue pointer icon etc.

BTW, 7.2 makes Navigation less pokes. I agree that 7.0/7.1 you had to tap about 5 times to navigate which seemed pretty silly.

I'm using a stock (rooted) Nexus 7 What I'm understanding is I'll have to change launchers in order to have (back) what I want? Long pressing a screen shows no 'Create Shortcut' options.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
I'm using a stock (rooted) Nexus 7 What I'm understanding is I'll have to change launchers in order to have (back) what I want? Long pressing a screen shows no 'Create Shortcut' options.

Actually no, even though Nova is much nicer than the AOSP launcher. :) But you don't have to change, there are apps in the market to create shortcuts.

I don't use any of them since Nova does it itself, but this seemed to find some: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=create shortcut

phillip1953

Nov 3, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Sounds like I should take the Nova for a drive. :) I've heard about it,just never had the need...'til now.

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Google Maps Updated
    nexusae0_unnamed-1_thumb2_thumb.png

Google Maps - Latest Update

v7.4
    From previous version 7.2
    ●●
    Downloads for Android 4.3
    Mirror 1 ●●
    Mirror 2 ●●

Downloads for Android 4.0.3+
    Mirror 1 ●●
    Mirror 2 ●●

To install, simply download the .apk from above to your device, and tap "install" when it finishes.

Changes No official change log avaliable
    See source link for changes

↙ Please hit the
    thanksbutton.jpg
    button
    So we don't have to scroll through pages of "Thanks" posts. Fulfill its purpose :angel:
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Source: Android Police (see link for changes) ●●