[ROM][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Acer A510/A511 (with UMTS/3G) [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

zanozaXX

Sep 11, 2013
logo.png

Gf052m8.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (Kit Kat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

These unofficial builds are based on the CM t30 Kernel available at https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_acer_t30

Big thanks to pawitp and his great work on A700.

All my specific device tree can be integrated in the CyanogenMod project.
https://github.com/Shr3ps/device_acer_a510
https://github.com/picasso-m-mf-dev/android_device_acer_a510

Downloads

cm-11-M10-20140920-UNOFFICIAL-a510-a511_lvm [1afa7b99ba78f22f030b78c7c563ba0c]
cm-11-M9-20140805-UNOFFICIAL-a510-a511_lvm [30ec5acc0a9b53b3ed65f8bc426ec7c6]
cm-11-20140711-UNOFFICIAL-a510-a511_lvm
cm-11-20140625-UNOFFICIAL-a510-a511_lvm (Android 4.4.4 + LVM Support)

cm-11-20140609-UNOFFICIAL-a510-a511 (Android 4.4.3)

cm-11-20140430-UNOFFICIAL-a510-a511 (Latest 4.4.2 Stable)
cm-11-20140407-UNOFFICIAL-a510-a511 M5 Tag

http://acer.shreps.fr

Requirement
  1. An unlocked Bootloader - JB Version
  2. CWM recovery or TWRP recovery
    version 6.0.4.x+ for 4.4.2/4.4.3 (You can flash my CWM 6.0.4.5 build or the latest 6.0.4.7) or an updated TWRP
    version 6.0.4.9+ with LVM Support for 4.4.4 (Look at the CWM thread) or TWRP with LVM Support (called bigsystem by Elibl)

Installation
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  2. Wipe data/factory reset if coming from another ROM or version of CM. If you are already on CM11, just make Wipe Cache & Wipe Dalvick-Cache for a proper upgrade.
  3. Install the ROM using appropriate ClockworkMod Recovery
  4. Install the adapated Google Apps (I recommend Gapps 4.4.2 Core on my website [12-14_GApps_Core_4.4.2_signed.zip] for 4.4.2 & 4.4.3)
    Use Official CM Gapps or Latest Paranoid Gapps for 4.4.4
Note: The partition layout of CM11 is identical to that of CM10.x and thus you may use CWM to backup/restore.

CyanogenMod Changelog

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/

Bugs & FAQ
If the Tablet has some rendering problem in Portrait Mode (some margin with the status bar)
You can use the "Immersive Mode" by CM or "Disable HW overlays" in the developer options
[Should be Fixed in the latest version]

If you have some wallpaper resizing bugs
Try another Launcher like Nova Launcher, we have to wait for a CM Fix
[Should be Fixed in the latest version]

If you can't take a photo with the camera app
You need to use an external SDCard

No Data location (GPS Ok, but Wifi location KO)
Fixed with 4.4.4 !

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 11 for Acer A510/A511, ROM for the Acer Iconia A700 and A510

Contributors
Shreps
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Firmware Required: JB Unlocked Bootloader

Version Information
Current Stable Version: M9

Created 2014-07-01
Last Updated 2014-09-20

Sent from my A510 using XDA Free mobile app

nE0sIghT

Feb 2, 2014
coldzone.ru
I see, thanks for reply.

I have a problem now with device encryption. It's not works as i think:

1. I set 4-symbol pin code for device locking
2. Clicked "Encrypt" button in security menu
3. Entered same pin code as in step 1
4. Another one screen appeared with "Encrypt" button
5. Clicked "Encrypt" again - Android logo appeared.

After "sleep interval" screen switches off. I wake up my tablet - lock screen appears. Next i enter pin-code - same Android logo appears.
I'm waited about 10 hours with same result. Next i rebooted my tablet - it works as usual without encryption.
Anyone tried to encrypt device on cm11 m9?

nE0sIghT

Feb 2, 2014
coldzone.ru
I have a problem now with device encryption. It's not works as i think:

logcat:
Code:
logcat                                                                                                                     
--------- beginning of /dev/log/main
D/AudioPolicyManagerBase(  126): getOutput() device 2, stream 1, samplingRate 0, format 0, channelMask 3, flags 0
D/AudioPolicyManagerBase(  126): getOutput() returns output 2
D/AudioPolicyManagerBase(  126): getOutput() device 2, stream 1, samplingRate 0, format 0, channelMask 3, flags 0
D/AudioPolicyManagerBase(  126): getOutput() device 2, stream 1, samplingRate 48000, format 1, channelMask 3, flags 4
D/AudioFlinger(  126): start(4102), calling pid 451 session 88
D/AudioFlinger(  126): ? => ACTIVE (4102) on thread 0x41c38788
D/AudioPolicyManagerBase(  126): startOutput() output 2, stream 1, session 88
V/tiny_hw (  126): out_write(0x4278c320) opening PCM(4), card,dev: 1,0
I/Timeline( 3006): Timeline: Activity_launch_request id:com.android.settings time:1094289
--------- beginning of /dev/log/system
I/ActivityManager(  451): START u0 {cmp=com.android.settings/.CryptKeeperConfirm$Blank (has extras)} from pid 3006
D/PhoneStatusBar(  618): disable: < EXPAND* ICONS* ALERTS* ticker SYSTEM_INFO* BACK* HOME* RECENT* clock SEARCH* >
I/ActivityManager(  451): Displayed com.android.settings/.CryptKeeperConfirm$Blank: +113ms
I/Timeline( 3006): Timeline: Activity_idle id: android.os.BinderProxy@41fdda48 time:1094485
I/Timeline(  451): Timeline: Activity_windows_visible id: ActivityRecord{41f15fb8 u0 com.android.settings/.CryptKeeperConfirm$Blank t7} time:1094751
[b]E/Cryptfs (  118): Cannot get size of block device [/b]
V/tiny_hw (  126): out_standby(0x4278c320) closing PCM(4)

Mad07

Sep 30, 2009
I've install last night the cm-11-M10-20140920-UNOFFICIAL-a510-a511_lvm on my A510, because I've seen, that the /system/lib/HW/audio.r_submix.default.so is avaialable.
After install the MirrorEnable apk.V6, the latest Chromecast apk is installed, I see following issue:
If I enable only option 1 & 3 , the screen casting does not work: the connection is very fast disconnected. If I enable add. option2 and start ScreenMirror, the Tab make immediately a reboot. ( Option1 : Mirror Status / Option2 : Force-Close-Fix / Option3 : Quicksetting Mirror )
? Is this behavior a know issue?

Edit on:
a lot of user reported, that the z-Kernel is with CM11 a good alternative. I've try the same ( ScreenMirror to Chromecast) test with the latest Z-Kernel ). Uncomfortable I've the same behaves : Also here the Tab is crashed immediately :(.

Last edited:

cyberdroidXDA

May 20, 2013
@Shreps
Hey mate,
it seems there is a problem with the GPS location, not sure if you have already mentioned this.
GMaps cannot find the current location and a GPS tester cannot find any satelite.
As far as I remember, we had the same in a previous milestone version?
Any idea? :)

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr
@Shreps
Hey mate,
it seems there is a problem with the GPS location, not sure if you have already mentioned this.
GMaps cannot find the current location and a GPS tester cannot find any satelite.
As far as I remember, we had the same in a previous milestone version?
Any idea? :)

It was ok and corrected in previous build
You should try a fresh install with wipe data

Anyway, a new build is comming :)

cyberdroidXDA

May 20, 2013
Flashed the new M11 and it's working perfectly, no issues so far. Location services are working again, thanks for your advice, Shreps.
:thumbup:

Liquidator

Oct 14, 2007
Pulled my A510 out after a couple of months of not using it last night, and flashed the newest build right away. Everything's running smoothly, thanks Shreps :)

Though I'm still pondering getting something slightly smaller, maybe 8 inches screen or something... :D

huedrant

Jan 20, 2013
Hi!

First off, merci beaucoup Shreps for your work! :good:

Then, I still did not find an easy way to unlock the bootloader as mentioned in the first post. Any advice or nice Link for this?

Mad07

Sep 30, 2009
Thx for rebuild.
Uncomfortable the screen mirror feature does also not work in this moment. The connection is interrupted after a few seconds. The screen on the TV switched from the wallpaper to a black screen. That's all.
It is possible to provide me the link, where is the ongoing discussion for this feature? Maybe I can help with same traces, data, try ......

Mad07

Sep 30, 2009
I've make a small screen shoot from logcat,where the connection to the CC was make and immediately interrupted.
3 things are visible
1) the warning with the UID
2) the overflow
3) the last msg: http connection exception

Pls have a look

enuzymuq.jpg

Gesendet von meinem A510

Last edited:

grobi1209

Apr 13, 2011
Hi Guys,
i'm on build 20140711 with my A511 and everytime that i'm trying to install the latest build i'm getting an error just saying "installation aborted".
I've tried the latests CWM and TWRP recovery but that seems not to be the problem.
Do i have to do a full wipe before installing the latest milestones or should it be possible to update without wipe?
I wiped the dalvik and cache already, but that not solved the error.
Thx for your help,
Grobi

Top Liked Posts