[Q] S-off Bootloader won't unlock after failed Viper iynstall.

Search This thread

patrickgartner

Jul 23, 2008
Roseburg, OR
I have a Sprint HTC One. I previously unlocked the boot loader and installed clock work mod recovery. I achieved SU and partial Super CID. I tried flashing Viper ROM after relocking the boot loader, which failed. when I went to reboot the phone, I was in boot loader without a system ROM. so I installed the stock ROM and updated firmware. the phone now works. however, I lost su and my custom recovery. I tried to unlock the bootloader , reinstall Viper, but neither will work it fails every time. I am experienced at following instructions on this website, but I lack the knowledge to know exactly what I am doing with each action.

Please help me get either su, custom recovery or the boot loader unlocked. I still have S-off and I am at a loss. Thank you!

Devilish_Angel

Nov 15, 2012
I have a Sprint HTC One. I previously unlocked the boot loader and installed clock work mod recovery. I achieved SU and partial Super CID. I tried flashing Viper ROM after relocking the boot loader, which failed. when I went to reboot the phone, I was in boot loader without a system ROM. so I installed the stock ROM and updated firmware. the phone now works. however, I lost su and my custom recovery. I tried to unlock the bootloader , reinstall Viper, but neither will work it fails every time. I am experienced at following instructions on this website, but I lack the knowledge to know exactly what I am doing with each action.

Please help me get either su, custom recovery or the boot loader unlocked. I still have S-off and I am at a loss. Thank you!

... simply flash appropriate custom recovery from fastboot. boot into recovery and try to reboot from there and it will ask you if you want to root the device. root it. reboot normally and you will see SU app. open it and update binaries. thats it, you are rooted ;) ...

patrickgartner

Jul 23, 2008
Roseburg, OR
Failure

Okay, so I appreciate the attention and help, but it fails to install recovery, flash roms, or unlock the bootloader from fastboot. I can flash firmware and run an RUU from my desktop. As well, I can run the Sprint OTA update from the phone, but I have not done that yet. I have hboot 1.55. I have tried to flash things from terminal emulator, but I'm having trouble. I can access and use the phone for Sprint, but the CID says 11111 and won't let me change carriers. Once again, I have S-off.

Thoughts:
Run Sprint update and try to start from scratch, if all else fails, sell it.

Can I flash SU from bootloader? I haven't tried that yet, although I doubt it will work given my other problems.

Devilish_Angel

Nov 15, 2012
Okay, so I appreciate the attention and help, but it fails to install recovery, flash roms, or unlock the bootloader from fastboot. I can flash firmware and run an RUU from my desktop. As well, I can run the Sprint OTA update from the phone, but I have not done that yet. I have hboot 1.55. I have tried to flash things from terminal emulator, but I'm having trouble. I can access and use the phone for Sprint, but the CID says 11111 and won't let me change carriers. Once again, I have S-off.

Thoughts:
Run Sprint update and try to start from scratch, if all else fails, sell it.

Can I flash SU from bootloader? I haven't tried that yet, although I doubt it will work given my other problems.

... slow down and calm down. i think you are hasting things. dont worry and do whatever you wanna do step by step. its not clear to me what you want to achieve, you wanna switch carriers ? want ota ? want custom rom ? you are s-off but cant flash recovery !!!! please explain exactly what you want and what errors are you getting and doing what :)

i think you cant have SU from bootloader and certainly terminal emulator doesnt flash recoveries and rom., fastboot does recovery and recovery flashes rom. dont play with your phone like this without proper knowledge. ask whatever doubts you have prior doing anything ...

Last edited:

patrickgartner

Jul 23, 2008
Roseburg, OR
Straight Talk

You're funny. Yes, I am in a hurry to use my new phone... Ultimately, I want to use it on straight talk. It is S-off, and the boot loader will not unlock, the phone won't flash a recovery and I have lost su. It's the weirdest thing! I haven't had this problem before. Usually you flash stock firmware and ruu and you're back at square one, but not this time.

I would pay you to visit my problem via Teamviewer? Interested?

-Patrick

Devilish_Angel

Nov 15, 2012
You're funny. Yes, I am in a hurry to use my new phone... Ultimately, I want to use it on straight talk. It is S-off, and the boot loader will not unlock, the phone won't flash a recovery and I have lost su. It's the weirdest thing! I haven't had this problem before. Usually you flash stock firmware and ruu and you're back at square one, but not this time.

I would pay you to visit my problem via Teamviewer? Interested?

-Patrick

... Dear if you wanna network unlock your phone, follow the steps exactly as described.

1. Flash this and only this RUU (first link - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2250904 ), no need to relock bootloader if unlocked as you are s-off.
2. Download the recovery for sprint variant and flash it in fastboot mode (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img) (link - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2651035).
3. Boot in to recovery and press reboot and then system, it will ask for your permission to root, root it. restart normally and open SU app and update its binaries. phone will reboot itself in recovery and back in normal mode. You will be rooted then. :victory:

then ping me for sim unlock ...