[Q] KNOX Research

Search This thread

nubsgohard

May 6, 2014
Hello all, I have been wondering about all of this KNOX stuff. I understand what it does and that once you flag it you can "never" go back, and that your warranty is voided... BUT I hope there is people (with a much greater understanding than I) looking into this.

Resetting your KNOX count to 0x0 after you install a custom OS.
I don't know about you all, but I like the saying "never say never".

There is not a thread that I saw concerning knox on the S5, so why not start one now? Who has tripped KNOX on their S5?
Has there been any cases where although you rooted and flashed a rom, your KNOX count stayed at 0x0?

daxecutioner24

Jun 24, 2011
Hello all, I have been wondering about all of this KNOX stuff. I understand what it does and that once you flag it you can "never" go back, and that your warranty is voided... BUT I hope there is people (with a much greater understanding than I) looking into this.

Resetting your KNOX count to 0x0 after you install a custom OS.
I don't know about you all, but I like the saying "never say never".

There is not a thread that I saw concerning knox on the S5, so why not start one now? Who has tripped KNOX on their S5?
Has there been any cases where although you rooted and flashed a rom, your KNOX count stayed at 0x0?

Everyone has tripped their knox counter. there has been recent developments I believe on the note 3 side of things. Ways to undo it to my understanding. More importantly it kinda let's go of the thought that it was a fuse, hardware issue. Looking more like a software, it's possible. Who knows when or if ever comes here

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

nubsgohard

May 6, 2014
Everyone has tripped their knox counter. there has been recent developments I believe on the note 3 side of things. Ways to undo it to my understanding. More importantly it kinda let's go of the thought that it was a fuse, hardware issue. Looking more like a software, it's possible. Who knows when or if ever comes here

Interesting. I dont think it is hardware related either. I think it will be found out sooner or later.

Reynaldinho111

Mar 24, 2011
Cary, NC
Odds are its permanent. After reading some posts from the big, recognized kernel devs, it seems like its an eFuse that gets blown when knox is tripped. The only way to fix a blown fuse is to replace it. The progress they made on the note 3 will likely have nothing to do with us, it seems the exynos has a different implementation of knox than qualcomm.

Sent from my SM-G900T

nubsgohard

May 6, 2014
Odds are its permanent. After reading some posts from the big, recognized kernel devs, it seems like its an eFuse that gets blown when knox is tripped. The only way to fix a blown fuse is to replace it. The progress they made on the note 3 will likely have nothing to do with us, it seems the exynos has a different implementation of knox than qualcomm.

Sent from my SM-G900T

Oh okay, I hope that isnt the case. So if it is a fuse, it can be replaced... is that an option if you want it reset?

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
Basically all Knox does is just void your devices warranty? I tripped my Knox counter on my Gs4 and I still did a warranty replacement with no problems.Im a little confused here about Knox could someone please explain a little bit. Thanks In advance!!! :cool:

Sent from my SM-G900T

Reynaldinho111

Mar 24, 2011
Cary, NC
Oh okay, I hope that isnt the case. So if it is a fuse, it can be replaced... is that an option if you want it reset?

I guess its possible if it's a hardware fuse, although it'll be damn hard. The alternative is its some sort of deeply embedded kernel partition type thing (im clearly not a developer :p) that only samsung signed pckages can write to. I think our best bet would be to find a way to bypass the knox check at boot and find a way to "trick" the kernel into thinking its not tripped, you following? Again im not a developer so i dont know if this is even a legitimate possibility.

Sent from my SM-G900T

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Basically all Knox does is just void your devices warranty? I tripped my Knox counter on my Gs4 and I still did a warranty replacement with no problems.Im a little confused here about Knox could someone please explain a little bit. Thanks In advance!!! :cool:

Sent from my SM-G900T

Knox is implemented differently in the two devices. My understanding is that in the S4 it was provided in an OTA update and is software based. It seems like its Hardware based on the S5.

Sent from my SM-G900T

Reactions: xda23

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I guess its possible if it's a hardware fuse, although it'll be damn hard. The alternative is its some sort of deeply embedded kernel partition type thing (im clearly not a developer :p) that only samsung signed pckages can write to. I think our best bet would be to find a way to bypass the knox check at boot and find a way to "trick" the kernel into thinking its not tripped, you following? Again im not a developer so i dont know if this is even a legitimate possibility.

Sent from my SM-G900T

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Sent from my SM-G900T

Knox is implemented differently in the two devices. My understanding is that in the S4 it was provided in an OTA update and is software based. It seems like its Hardware based on the S5.

Sent from my SM-G900T