Idk if this helps or is already out there but got this email yesterday.
Dear LG Developers,
We are pleased to inform you that LG Electronics has released new Android
based SDK, LG QRemote SDK.
LG QRemote SDK provides Open API, Documentation and Samples necessary
to develop IR (Infrared) Remote Control Applications for LG smartphones.
LG QRemote SDK provides the following key features:
● Configuring devices through LG QRemote.
● Getting the device list configured by LG QRemote.
● Getting the brand, name, model, and category of configured devices.
● Getting functions supported by configured devices.
● Sending IR signals for processing the functions.
For more information, please refer to the following link:
LG Developer Site.