GeForce Experience 1.6.1 Rides Again!
I've found another way to enable streaming from mobile GPUs (still not those with Optimus). This method involves installing an older version of GFE and preventing the updater from forcing an update to the latest version. This way the old registry hack will still work.
The downside of this method is that the official Shield streaming app from Update 63+ will force you to update your GFE to be able to stream. The workaround is to either flash the Shield back to Update 61 or use Limelight on Shield (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2505510
The following steps assume you have Steam installed and on the beta channel and the latest Nvidia GPU drivers installed with GFE 1.7.1.
1) Uninstall GeForce Experience 1.7.1 in control panel (Add/Remove programs / Programs and features / whatever it is these days)
2) Install GeForce Experience 1.6.1 from http://us.download.nvidia.com/GFE/GF...e_v188.8.131.52.exe
Important: Uncheck the launch GeForce Experience checkbox at the end of the installer
If GeForce Experience starts before completing the rest of the steps, you'll need to uninstall it and try again.
3) Copy updtConfig.xml from the attached ZIP to C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA\Updatus (overwriting the existing file)
4) Run DisableStreamingCheckWithMagicValues.reg from the attached ZIP
5) Terminate the daemonu.exe process with Task Manager.
6) Reboot your computer
7) Start GeForce Experience and scan for games. It should find the games you have installed and be capable of streaming to Limelight and Shield running Update 61.
NOTE: If GFE still asks for an update after following the steps, exit GFE, delete the contents of the C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA\Updatus\DownloadManager folder, and reboot.
See if this works for you guys.