Whats the extent of Nandroid?

Search This thread

SFXLEWIS

Jul 5, 2009
Highbridge
Sorry if I sound like a noob but this has been bothering me.
I'm currently running cyan 1.6 after running multiple Hero Roms. With all the new roms being released I want to try them all but I don't know exactly how much nandroid can restore.

Any new rom we have to wipe EXT2/3 where all my apps are stored so does nandroid also back this up and restore or is it just system settings?

Thanks

I'm currently running cyan 1.6 after running multiple Hero Roms. With all the new roms being released I want to try them all but I don't know exactly how much nandroid can restore.

Any new rom we have to wipe EXT2/3 where all my apps are stored so does nandroid also back this up and restore or is it just system settings?

Thanks

Nandroid won't back up your apps. It backs up data and settings. You can just back up all your apps to have them on hand so when you wipe your ext partition you still have them.

david1171

Apr 29, 2009
if you want to back up your ext3 then look for either BART of switchrom in the dev section, a nandroid by itself though doesn't restore the ext3 since it only backs up the phone.

steven178s

May 9, 2009
Queens

Thanks

Everything except things on your sd