Bricked Kindle Fire! Please help!

Search This thread

Jwag10

Jan 5, 2014
I have bricked my kindle fire and need help. I have apparently wiped the OS from my kindle fire and failed to backup everything before I started. I can access TWRP but the PC(using windows xp) will not recognize the kindle. If I let it boot "normal" (gets stuck at logo) the PC will partially recognize the kindle but I have no access to the files on kindle (only recognized in device manager). I get an error on Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.9 stating that the "system/bin.sh" file cant be found or something like that. Please help as I have read and read and tried everything but to no avail.

Last edited:

Jwag10

Jan 5, 2014
I have bricked my kindle fire and need help. I have apparently wiped the OS from my kindle fire and failed to backup everything before I started. I can access TWRP but the PC(using windows xp) will not recognize the kindle. If I let it boot "normal" (gets stuck at logo) the PC will partially recognize the kindle but I have no access to the files on kindle (only recognized in device manager). I get an error on Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.9 stating that the "system/bin.sh" file cant be found or something like that. Please help as I have read and read and tried everything but to no avail.

Ok. So I still have not solved my problem but somehow in the command prompt I am showing a device when I type in "adb devices" but now I'm worried about what to do or where to go from here. Can someone please help me.

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
Ok. So I still have not solved my problem but somehow in the command prompt I am showing a device when I type in "adb devices" but now I'm worried about what to do or where to go from here. Can someone please help me.
Jwag when you get time pm me your phone number its an easy fix I will help you fix it.