[ROM] [MIUI PORT] pre-alpha1 [12-14-11] {WIP}

Search This thread

Radsolutionz

Account currently disabled
Sep 16, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
again guys appreciate ur hard work and effort... id love to help in n e way possible... just let me know wut i can do... =) i know no one will ask... but its the thought... **** i need a job....

AlphaKoi

Jul 31, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I spoke with TheDerekJay (I used his MT4G MIUI that he has maintained/updated since 1.4.29 back when android was 2.3.3) and he said he would definitely love to dev for this device and would assist with the MIUI project, but he doesnt have the device yet and would prefer not to try and dev blind. He said he is working on getting our device and that it would become his DD if he did. If i had the $$ Id buy him one because he definitely is a great dev too. He would have already bought one, but he just moved and has a fam and etc. He has done a LOT for the MT4G community with ROMs, a great kernel, and constant work. Just putting that out there to give hope to everyone so the frustration level lowers a tad.

my two cents

adamboyd83

Mar 4, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I spoke with TheDerekJay (I used his MT4G MIUI that he has maintained/updated since 1.4.29 back when android was 2.3.3) and he said he would definitely love to dev for this device and would assist with the MIUI project, but he doesnt have the device yet and would prefer not to try and dev blind. He said he is working on getting our device and that it would become his DD if he did. If i had the $$ Id buy him one because he definitely is a great dev too. He would have already bought one, but he just moved and has a fam and etc. He has done a LOT for the MT4G community with ROMs, a great kernel, and constant work. Just putting that out there to give hope to everyone so the frustration level lowers a tad.

my two cents

It would be great to see him on this phone. I pretty much stuck to his ROMs when I had my MT4G. But I hink you would be hard pressed to get anyone to get a bounty thread together considering what has happened previously.

Reactions: mikeyinid

AlphaKoi

Jul 31, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 8 Pro
It would be great to see him on this phone. I pretty much stuck to his ROMs when I had my MT4G. But I hink you would be hard pressed to get anyone to get a bounty thread together considering what has happened previously.

I figured the same and thats why I didnt suggest a bounty. If i can get him one i will and we will all benefit. if not...he will get one whenever he can anyways. I saw a few of us from his ROM thread in here and figured id just let people know the potential is here for him coming over to this device as a DD and to assist in the progress. I dont want to get OT or disrespect the OP and the people who have gotten this far with it. Just wanted to help however I could and give people a little hope for christmas. this ROM will be my only ROM when its to that level. thank you so much to the people working on it

cashyftw

Sep 11, 2010
I swear you guys are so drama fied, just shutup and use the rom.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
I got rotation by running day_G's kernel from the 727 thread. Didn't try calls.

It reads my external card fine so technically I could use that...appears not to see internal at all and I know a fix exists for that somewhere.

It does not appear to be reading the sim card fully/correctly. Under status no phone number is listed which I found curious.

I see some are trying to add apns manually.. has anyone tried my trick that got data working on the 727 cm7 build? I can't try until tonight. (Use apn back up and restore to back.up apns...put apk and back up file on extra SD card and restore)?

Just curious

This is the fastest rom I have had on my phone yet. Watching closely for progress

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
I just went into the MIUI chat community and i asked for a way to make a petition signed to get MIUI on our phones but 2 admins said that we first need to have CM7 stable, then we could start getting MIUI. I also took a look and we have a spot under the Samsung Galaxy S II thread>T-mobile version but no traffic.

raycaster3

Apr 17, 2011
S.Ogden
I figured the same and thats why I didnt suggest a bounty. If i can get him one i will and we will all benefit. if not...he will get one whenever he can anyways. I saw a few of us from his ROM thread in here and figured id just let people know the potential is here for him coming over to this device as a DD and to assist in the progress. I dont want to get OT or disrespect the OP and the people who have gotten this far with it. Just wanted to help however I could and give people a little hope for christmas. this ROM will be my only ROM when its to that level. thank you so much to the people working on it

I worked with tdj and royalknight on darkside device team for a long time and believe me when I say he would love to be here. He actually did some blind stuff as a favor on sensation and it was dope of course his stuff always is. We're trying to get royalknight and tdj over here and turn this phone into a darkside beast. Haha. I can't wait til it happens. When it does, we'll have solid development for a LONG time. Tdj and royal are top notch. I'm more ty crash test dummy as it were. :D:D:D

DARKSIDE

raycaster3

Apr 17, 2011
S.Ogden
I got rotation by running day_G's kernel from the 727 thread. Didn't try calls.

It reads my external card fine so technically I could use that...appears not to see internal at all and I know a fix exists for that somewhere.

It does not appear to be reading the sim card fully/correctly. Under status no phone number is listed which I found curious.

I see some are trying to add apns manually.. has anyone tried my trick that got data working on the 727 cm7 build? I can't try until tonight. (Use apn back up and restore to back.up apns...put apk and back up file on extra SD card and restore)?

Just curious

This is the fastest rom I have had on my phone yet. Watching closely for progress

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

I've never run a miui rom that could recognize the number. Three devices... glacier, sensation, evo 4g.

DARKSIDE

K

Killbynature

I worked with tdj and royalknight on darkside device team for a long time and believe me when I say he would love to be here. He actually did some blind stuff as a favor on sensation and it was dope of course his stuff always is. We're trying to get royalknight and tdj over here and turn this phone into a darkside beast. Haha. I can't wait til it happens. When it does, we'll have solid development for a LONG time. Tdj and royal are top notch. I'm more ty crash test dummy as it were. :D:D:D

DARKSIDE

I rather not tdj be here because this forum except for some of us it complete and utter crap. I don't want good developers to be frustrated by this mess we call a forum. As seen in this forum no one can read. No one can search. Everyone is always like this dev has stop developing if they haven't seen updates on roms that really essentially do not need to be updated. Lets not mention the pure disrespect on this forum. I'm pretty sure me , you, and few others feel like moderators because we are always re posting information as well as redirecting people.

raycaster3

Apr 17, 2011
S.Ogden
I rather not tdj be here because this forum except for some of us it complete and utter crap. I don't want good developers to be frustrated by this mess we call a forum. As seen in this forum no one can read. No one can search. Everyone is always like this dev has stop developing if they haven't seen updates on roms that really essentially do not need to be updated. Lets not mention the pure disrespect on this forum. I'm pretty sure me , you, and few others feel like moderators because we are always re posting information as well as redirecting people.

Yeah I see your point but... it was like that over on mytouch4g and it clams down when henout the smack down on. Lol idk I think he'd be great and bring some maturity and experinece to the board. Not to mention he doesn't have a gnexus and wont get one. He wants to do this phone. Not to someone won't give him a gn but that would be the only way. Idk maybe it's because I know him so well that I'm confident he'd be fine. And we'd all be better off. No doubt.

How bout this hmu on gtalk if you want to see what we can do to get him here

Dnnsr063
DARKSIDE

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal

That's exactly why kids should not be allowed to own smartphones!!! :mad: With the way others have been complaining, they're worst then pre-school kids seriously. I mean, what the hell is so hard about waiting or reading what's working what's not!

Why own a smartphone if you're not smart?!

Sorry, just venting. :rolleyes:

Docmjldds

Jan 27, 2010
Henderson, NV

I feel your frustration. When I first posted on XDA when the Nexus One was my pride and joy, it just seemed the caliber of users and their posts were just so far ahead of the utter uselessness that seems to be around these surroundings today. I felt the tide changing so to speak when I briefly was using the Sensation, prior to the SGH-T989. It was a joy to have MIUI ported over to the N1. There was a sense of Camaraderie from Developers as well as themers that more often then not would share their stuff freely for the enjoyment of all as well as users knowing how to do basic search functions. It just gets so tiring seeing identical posts that were answered just on a prior page or on 20 or more prior pages. And yes, I feel like I have turned into a moderator more and more. I was offered the position back in my N1 days, but basically turned it down, since I have been known to rub off the wrong way on many users that deserved to be put in their place. Sorry for butting in here. I basically convinced "Darkside" to ditch his Sensation and enjoy a real mobile device that we share here. Looking forward to development of MIUI and the Galaxy S2, and if I can be of any assistance in helping out, I would be more than willing to go the extra distance.

Nilsonf

Nov 16, 2011
Any word on the progress of this ROM. I installed for the first time and I love the ROM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm going to rewrite this thread from my desktop once my ISP stops acting up.

This is the build myself and mikeyman been working on for the past couple months. We came long way and there is little time left before it goes stable. We decided to post it hoping someone could jump in and help us out finalizing this and also to show you guys the progress and of course to shut the trolling and doubters :D. Its beyond us right now...we're still going to maintain it and update it with fixes each time we find one.

NOTE
    This is not a daily driver build. I have warned you. Don't install this if you're looking for stable build,most stuff don't work. Were not going to support the build...at least not under this state.

What's not working
    - Data.
    - Camera/camecorder.
    - in call audio.
    - Small graphical glitches.
    - find out more by yourself and please report back.

What's working
    -Everything thats not in the list above.

Download
    http://www.multiupload.com/9G7Z7E1M5C

Credits and thanks to
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Dear Users...

Hey guys I thought I'd clear some things up.
    If I'm wrong please don't flame me, I'm only doing my best to subdue the general discontent in [sgh-t989]/[android development]...

Steve Kondik, also known as the creator of the godfather of all ROMS (cyanogenmod) personally owns one of our t989s. That, combined with the fact that this is a FLAGSHIP t-mo device probably means that our phone will be supported from the day that 9.0.0 drops.
    Now, let me tell you what this means.
    As you all know, for a device get non-kang CM9 our hardware must be fully supported. Camera, GPS, bluetooth, egl drivers all must work.

When a huge scale ROM like CM9 is cooked for so many devices I understand it goes something like this

[AOSP modified by Cyanogenmod(teamdouce)] +
    [Android Kernel, also modified by Cyanogenmod]+
    [Device tree]+
    [A virgin sacrifice]=
    CYANOGENMOD

Now the interesting bit, is that as soon as the device tree (Eg. Specific driver modifications for GPS, Camera, GPU) includes our device the device tree can be used to power OTHER AOSP ROMS like Miui :D :D :D :D :D :D
    I know that gingerbread MIUI already makes use of the CM7 device tree, so in all likelihood they will use the CM9 device tree as well!!!

So in conclusion.
    -Because CM9 has a high likelihood of dropping on our devices as soon as it comes out (most likely within the next 30 days)
    -Because other AOSP-Based roms depend on the cyanogenmod device tree
    -WE WILL HAVE A LOT OF FLASHING OPTIONS SOON
    -Probably including CM9 AND MIUI v4 <<<<--------THAT **** CRAY

Thanks for your time, hope it helped :D

EDIT: Don't forget the thanks button :) feels good when you push it.
    I have an SGS2 again for the next couple days if we can fix some things up!
    We are still working on the ROM, we have hit some road blocks. Hopefully we can work them out and make the ROM usable as a daily driver.
    JUST ASK!!!

im going though the steps with xav cause he wants to do the work himself ;P so i have him on gtalk going though the kernel edits that need to be changed and see if that works sence i dont have a device this could possably not work at all... as i said possablefix!! and do u know how hard it is to type all this out off a mobile device????

Ask Bubby If He Can Lend You The Phone, Since He's Not Doing Anything With it Anyway...:cool: Im Sure He'll Be Super-cali-fragilistic-expialidocious about it;)

Just An Idea