[ROM][CM7] WhiteRabbitNextGen Edition 2.1.1 *END OF THE WORLD RABBIT*

Search This thread

Marvelicious75

May 23, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Well, I think I just fixed the last problem with mine. I did finally have the wifi router freezing issue, but I found a way to manually reconfigure - you have to edit a file in your root called /etc/wifi/tiwlan.ini

These:
HT_Enable = 0 # 0=diable 802.11n support
BurstModeEnable = 0 # 0 - Disabled 1 - Enabled

both have to be set to zero to disable 802.11N. Not only does my router not freeze, but I connect quicker and stay connected better.

My GPS seems to work fine, my battery is good, Bluetooth works fine. I've tweaked my CPU speed in the bootmenu, 1.2ghz, 1ghz, 650mhz and 300mhz using BoostedassV2 - seems to work well for me. Spends most of its time at 300 or asleep. I tried a 950 setting instead of 1ghz but it just spent most of its time at 1.2 instead.

This version hasn't been quite as plug and play as 1.5.2 was, but I've learned a bit and got it sorted out. Still an excellent ROM in the end, Tweety, it just needs a few tweaks. I'm keeping it. :good:

Proda

Apr 21, 2011
Melbourne
V6Supercharger still not works

Hi Tweety,

I tried your FIXED version of WR1.6 but V6Supercharge still has issues.

Im posting you screenshots so you can see.

Sorry man for this, but that's one thing that bugs me :(

Hope you can fix it soon.

Cheers.

Attachments

• screenshot-1341781260879.jpg
    screenshot-1341781260879.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 418
  • screenshot-1341781276353.jpg
    screenshot-1341781276353.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 404

TweetyPeety

Recognized Themer
Aug 22, 2010
don't know why it is showing you this but if you look into customize folder I copy every File that is modded and it says it is 50% Supercharged, which usually includes minfree. The other 25% is Nitrolagnullifier and 25% for Bulletproof Apps, but both are totally useless and even not good for our Defy. If you want to be sure just install it without V6 and use the script later with script manager than you would have the perfect version for you.

Proda

Apr 21, 2011
Melbourne
I don't know either man. It says it is on 50% but values do not match.
And if I compare your latest version of WR1.6 with 1st one this new version is a lot slower. When I want to open aps for example response time between my click and starting to open it are ages. And when I want to unlock my phone when I click Power button I have to wait for couple of seconds before screen turns ON, but lights on buttons turn ON immediately.
I switched back all the way to 1.5.1 now since I think this was the best version of WR so far.
But I have to say battery life is way better on 1.6 now (more than 30h with one charge). It looks like maniacs build is more battery friendly.

Keep up with good work man.

TweetyPeety

Recognized Themer
Aug 22, 2010
now as I have more time a little bit I try to update the WR a little bit more often because don't see any future for my Pikachu Rom and Miui V4 with HWA, tried it with WIUI and WOW this is ultra slow and a RAM Killer. Don't think that Defy will ever have MIUI V4 good running as Miui V2 is.

kanyazsombor

Feb 16, 2011
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
really good news :victory:

you can find some remark from me in the post 953 ;)

Some comment for Supercharging and tweaks (the page after supercharging in aroma installer):

I tried supercharging in earlier versions of WR, but it was totally useless for me. The Defy was not really faster. We have a forum in Hungary and many of the people said this. The supercharge is useful for phones with less memory I think. So when I installed WR1.6 I didn't use it.
But I used all the tweaks (which are on the page after the superch in aroma). To tell the truth the Defy was much slower as with WR1.5.1(without any tweaks and superch). I got a really laggy phone. I used it for one day but there was no changing. With the new boosted governor was a bit better.

After one day I installed the 1.6 again, but now without any tweaks and of course without superch. It was not so smooth and fast as the 1.5.1 was, but much more better than with the tweaks. I used the default cpu settings. Now I've changed the governor to boosted and it seems a bit more smoother. And it uses the middle step (600MHz) more like other governors.

Maybe some of the tweaks are useful and increase the performance but I don't have time for experiments which is responsible for the slowness.

By the way I think the Cyanogenmod 7.2 doesn't need any tweak and something sh!t on the Defy. It's a good rom on a good phone.

Thank you Tweety! Keep up the good work! :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabenoid and Proda

kryptonitiko

Oct 19, 2011
Hi!! I'm trying this rom 'cause I liked cyano but not the design :p ....I've got a red lens defy with GB kernel and I installed the defy+ version...I had two crashes but now the rom is very smooth! How many hour do you get with intensive use??? I'm trying it since 3 hours and my battery is still at 82% by intensive use!! :D amaaaaaazing!

I think I found the best GB rom for my defy!!! What about an ICS version?? :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: TweetyPeety

tarekh020

Oct 1, 2009
Alexandria
now as I have more time a little bit I try to update the WR a little bit more often because don't see any future for my Pikachu Rom and Miui V4 with HWA, tried it with WIUI and WOW this is ultra slow and a RAM Killer. Don't think that Defy will ever have MIUI V4 good running as Miui V2 is.

What about CM9 rom , i wish to see it from you cause all your work and roms is a " Speed Monsters "
Who's with me ?

TweetyPeety

Recognized Themer
Aug 22, 2010
thinking about it, tried MIUI V4 and it was terrible, so slow and so much RAM usuage. I know MIUI needs more RAM than normal Android, but ICS needs more than GB and the question is can it be speedy with Multitasking, working with a couple of apps with just only 1GHZ and 512 MB. A dual core or 1GB Ram would be better for ICS, but I am looking always to the available ICS Versions and maybe in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: tarekh020

daede86

Oct 16, 2010
Milano
hi guys!

i have a doubt.. what smooth scroll mod is?? do i have to deactivate scrolling chace in cyanogen setting to make it works?? i have tryed but i can't feel any differences..

thanks!

and i'm really happy you are thinking on wr ics! :)

kryptonitiko

Oct 19, 2011
I note a bug....in silent mode Italia doesn't vibrate for calling and SMS....only for notification of app2sd....how can I fix???

from the Best defy ever: whiterabbitedition GB......waiting for ICS and JB

Proda

Apr 21, 2011
Melbourne
Or maybe you can skip ICS and build JB rom since quarx has managed to run it on his Defy:)

But 1st let's polish this 1.6 now and make it better and smoother.
Battery life is much better on 1.6 then on 1.5.1

Last edited:

tarekh020

Oct 1, 2009
Alexandria
Or maybe you can skip ICS and build JB romantic since quarx has managed to run it on his Defy:)

But 1st let's polish this 1.6 now and make it better and smoother.
Battery life is much better on 1.6 then on 1.5.1

Since you are testing 1.6 and sure will give it a rate
Would you tell us the bugs you have found on it ,to know it before installing

Proda

Apr 21, 2011
Melbourne
Stupid auto correct keyboard. It wrote romantic instead of ROM. Nvm, edited it now.
Well I'm done with testing it after a day or two. Now I'm back to 1.5.1 as I wrote few posts back. Just didn't change my signature.
I found that 1.6 is really slow, unresponsive sometimes.
Supercharger doesn't work out of the box so you have to try to make it work yourself (probably not an easy task).
I hated that I had to wait for couple of seconds before screen turns ON when I want to unlock the phone.
Also, long press Home key in lock screen to turn on flashlight doesn't work since it's maniac's build.
Some other users said that they had WIFI tethering bug, some that bluetooth doesn't work ok, some that it is slow too.
I didn't have time to test it more. But you can read back few pages to get an idea is it working or not.
My favorite so far is 1.5.1 build.

ardalaan

Apr 9, 2011
Shiraz
Stupid auto correct keyboard. It wrote romantic instead of ROM. Nvm, edited it now.
Well I'm done with testing it after a day or two. Now I'm back to 1.5.1 as I wrote few posts back. Just didn't change my signature.
Supercharger doesn't work out of the box so you have to try to make it work yourself (probably not an easy task).
I hated that I had to wait for couple of seconds before screen turns ON when I want to unlock the phone.
Also, long press Home key in lock screen to turn on flashlight doesn't work since it's maniac's build.
Some other users said that they had WIFI tethering bug, some that bluetooth doesn't work ok, some that it is slow too.
I didn't have time to test it more. But you can read back few pages to get an idea is it working or not.

can you please provide a link to 1.5.1 build ?

tarekh020

Oct 1, 2009
Alexandria

I can't find a link for 1.5.1 or 1.5.2 builds :confused:
i will keep search for a link to download
\

Edit : Here is all build of WR http://roms.custom-android.de/index.php?d=Roms/Defy/CM7/WhiteRabbit/roms&s=n&o=asc

Last edited:
Reactions: ardalaan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WhiteRabbit1.png

:::::::::::: DESCRIPTION :::::::::::::

Hi, here is my second Rom. I was totally impressed by CM7. The speed, the battery life, everything was better as MIUI was. The only think I hated was the design. Therefore, I created a nice looking CM7 Rom with a lot of great Tweaks, Mods and extra Apps.

It is nothing special. I added some MIUI and JB styles or Apps to get some MIUI or JB feeling. All Apps are either available through XDA or the Android Market.

The NEW 2.1 Version is now splited into the Stock Rom with some small tweaks and a Customize Pack. The Customize Pack includes Aroma and most of the Tweaks, Mods and other stuff and should be installed after the Rom is booted minimum once. The Rom is now Non Wipe and for a Full Wipe go into CWM and click on "factory reset/wipe data" before installing the Rom.

FEATURES::::::::
    • based on CM7 from maniac103 07.12
    • With Aroma Installer 2.0 and Touch Support
    • WIFI PowerSave / Bilder compression / Juve's Ram Mod
    • Zipalign with Database ( DarkyRom )
    • Different Wifi + GPS Settings ( optional )
    • VSuite Voice Dealer ( ICS port from maniac103 )
    • V6 Supercharger Tweak (zeppelinrox)
    • Beats Audio 6.2 Support
    • Seeder Entropy Tweak
    • DroidX Governor Support
    • Build.prop Tweaks through Aroma
    • Init.d Tweaks through Aroma
    • TCP Tweaks
    • Pdroid Support
    • More sound steps
    • Bravia Engine Mod
    • APN Liste and Adfree Host File
    • SmoothScroll through deactivating Scrollcache
    • DNS set on Google Server ( SetDNS )
    • CPU Settings a little untervolted
    • build.prop Tweaks and Fingerprint set MB526
    • JB and ICS Theme
    • JB Makeover for perfect JB Design
    • ICS Transition and Screen Rotation
    • Second Boot Settings ( everything is set automatically)
    • Custom Recovery 5.0.6
    • extra Soundfiles / Bootanimation
    • Launcher Options ( ADW and Go Launcher )
    • Miui X4 GoLauncher Theme
    • AppWidgetPicker
    • Update Me App
    • Google Apps direkt Installation ( optional )
    • Google Play Store, Youtube and Google Music ( optional )
    • Motorola Apps as options ( optional )
    • MIUI Ports of known and good Apps ( optional )
    • and many more

::::::::::::: LANGUAGES ::::::::::::::

CM7 Kang Languages = German, English, Espanol, French, Catalia, Cestina, Dansk, Georgian, Hebrw, Hrvatski, Indonesian, Italiano, Latviesu, Lietuviu, Nederlands, Polski, Protuguese, Romana, Slovencina, Suomi, Svenska, Tagalog, Tieng Viet, Türkce, Urdu, and many more

Aroma Installer Languages = German and English

:::::::::::::::::::::: Installation IMPORTANT ::::::::::::::::::::::::::

CM7 is not like MIUI, we need to set some stuff manually. Most of the stuff is set automaticall, but to get the perfect WhiteRabbit Feeling we need to set some options. Installation is really easy and Non Wipe. For a FULL WIPE please go before installation into CWM and press "factory reset/wipe data". After the first boot you can go into CWM and install the CustomizePack to get all the Tweaks.

So now you should have a fast and nice designed system. Hopefully everything works for you and have a look at Settings, CM7 has even more options as Miui has.

:::::::::::::::::::::: VIDEO ::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I have to thank "yamandude" for recording two videos of my ROM. In the first Video you will see a small tutorial how to install WhiteRabbitEdition and the second one shows you some of the features. Have fun with it and again thx.

Tutorial how to install WhiteRabbitEdition VIDEO

WhiteRabbitEdition Features Overview VIDEO

:::::::::::::::::::::: DOWNLOAD ::::::::::::::::::::::::::

DOWNLOAD WhiteRabbitNextGen Edition & Extras

First Boot can take a while!!

--------

:::::::::::::::::::::: FACEBOOK SUPPORT GROUP ::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Really GREAT Support Group at Facebook for our Motorola Defy

:::::::::::::::::::::: BUGS and INFOS ::::::::::::::::::::::::::

• RIL Bug. Some Users recognised Mobile Connection drops with CM7 Roms. Maniac103 got a solution for it, but if this isn't working for you I recommend a Stock Rom.
    • Call Recording could have some problems with alternative apps
    • The normal Dialer and Contact App can't be uninstalled if exDialer is installed. It is only a visual App. If you uninstall the Dialer and Contact App you won't get any calls, even exDialer is installed.

:::::::::::::::::::::: DONATION ::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hi, it takes a lot of time to create these Roms, support the Users with help and fix bugs. I am doing it for free and it makes fun, but if you want to support me your are free to donate me a beer.

:::::::::::::::::::::: CREDITS ::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Thanks to Amarullaz, Sesme, maniac103, nadlabaks, skeevy420, currydude, ephumuris, Boogieman, Mark, Defy@1.1Ghz, Kang, RATTAR, Dirk 64, maniac103, cile und Wajk, M1cha, Nexx, el afortunado, annowob, Daihogo, outmixx, Ralf, hboy1337, Akki, pulleman, Vorkkernel Team, Andy, Andy Thomson, endursa, dewyeyed, majamee, chron, ladyboo, woSaa, Galnet, derbestimmer, MagicMarcus, Jackmu95, Gerrett, t1MzN, Mamboo5, Zjs, thinka, bodo-riediger and everybody from MIUI-Germany.de Community, Android-Hilfe.de, XDA-Developers.com and all the people I forgot.

A big thanks goes to M1cha, and my Test Users: andk, Vetzki, Leitn, Dirk64, Squerk, Akki, Senci, AlMustanir, Kalain, Elmo1986, M1cha, powerschumi, modmatt, Codi11, wurmhoschi, schuelf.

Special Thanks goes to the Users who donated me: .android 2X, Ettat, DerCasi, Frank_t, Hussaria, jabber23, Peter, Flavia, Patrick, Lars, Helyx, Michael, PassiMC, Ralph, Michael, FlO, Annette, Darkman, Daniel, Thomas, Death-Marco, nomeansno , Harald, Martin, Christian, Raxman, Dortking, c_nutz, Igor, horst37, Arno, Manuel, Toasti, TomShi, Husi10, Ulrich, kartargo, Wegener22, Iss3, Ekkkke, nordsee, libco, Pascal, Uwe, Paddy, Ernst, Felix, Monkee, Ettat, fourX, Joska, Flauschi, andreas5232, Madness2001, Christian, Johannes, Thomas, Heinrich, Christian, hirschy, Stephan

:)

:
    :
    :
    :

:::::::::::::::::::::: CHANGELOG ::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Version 2.1.1
    • Fixed build.prop
    • Added new Design for Phone and Music App
    • Added Voicesearch to fix a problem with Searchbar
    • Changed ADW Launcher to System App to solve some problems
    • Added Seeder Entropy Tweak
    WOW NEARLY FINISHED

This was a hell of work. I completely rewrote every piece in Aroma, and rearranged a lot of stuff, optimized it and made it more clear. Now I have only some small stuff left. I also worked now nearly 1 hour and more to find a small bug in my updater-script, everything got so complicated.

I will install it on my Defy+ and try it out today because I will be the whole day away. Later on if everything will run ok I will try to add the latest stuff and provide you tonight with a first beta.

SEE YA
    So finished with AROMA and Updater-Script. Completely rewritten both scripts and from tomorrow I will start with building the first beta. Tested through the last weeks most of the mods and tweaks and only good stuff will be in.
    BOOM NEW Version is ONLINE, have fun with it

I think I can call it the most customized ROM at XDA and EVER
    so its ready, I will update the Forum later, don't have time right now

you will find the NEW 2.0 here

http://www.custom-android.de/portfolio/white-rabbit-edition/