[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 alpha6: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kyhassen

Sep 23, 2010
New Hampshire
Im actually gonna try this. I wasnt a fan of CM7. I loved how smooth and fast it was tho. Just not the look. But I tested out the testing build last night actually and i loved it. The initial setup at the start was awesome and everything is awesome looking.

Reactions: d12unk13astard

AwesomeTurtle

Sep 30, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
awesometurtle.com
Im actually gonna try this. I wasnt a fan of CM7. I loved how smooth and fast it was tho. Just not the look. But I tested out the testing build last night actually and i loved it. The initial setup at the start was awesome and everything is awesome looking.

CM7 was stock Android; a build-your-own-experience ROM. What are you even talking about?

Reactions: nickwn88

snake4812

Nov 16, 2011
Houston
Big thanks to darchstar

I am usually constantly testing new ROMs but I have been on this since his first build and just cannot bring myself to change. CM9 is what Android was intended and is supposed to be

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA

cowbud

Mar 23, 2009
el26? shouldnt we go to fc22

Why are you suggesting we go to el26. Is that due to the recovery? After we are on cm9 can we go to fc22?

Reactions: kdelinux

cowbud

Mar 23, 2009
Until further notice you should not use any ics recoveries including fc22 because it has been causing bricks- for now be safe and always use el26 via odin

Perhaps I am confusing modem with recovery. I was referring to the modem. It sounds like we.can be on fc22 modem after we flash cm9. But if I am already on fc16 modem do I have to downgrade to use el26 recovery?

Vandam500

Apr 7, 2010
No LoS

read the install instructions for the right recovery

Yeah I know about what recovery to flash but you know like in the previous CM9 builds and all ICS builds that after you flash the ROM, you lose the recovery and are stuck with the stock one recovery.

slick4mitch

Oct 11, 2009
Perhaps I am confusing modem with recovery. I was referring to the modem. It sounds like we.can be on fc22 modem after we flash cm9. But if I am already on fc16 modem do I have to downgrade to use el26 recovery?

Its just about the kernel and the recovery, I believe modem has nothing to do with what rom you run.

Phr0z3n

Sep 1, 2008
Florida
I odin el26 and get the triangle and nothing else able to odin back to el29 but cannot get it to flash cwm any sugestions

Press and hold Vol Up+Pwr, it should turn off the phone (if it went to a blank screen after the Logo + Triangle) keep holding the Logo will come back and after a bit more it will go into CWM where you can flash everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts