[ROM] [CM9 Nightlies] [July/11/2012] Full HWA - Quarx supporting!

Search This thread

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
Finally we have some real support for our lovely bravo with ICS.

CyanogenMod 9 for Motorola Bravo (Quarx)

Downloads:

Nightlies CM9 for Bravo:
http://quarx2k.ru/cm9-nightly-bravo(kobe)/

Updated GAPPS!
GApps for ICS:
http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

Installation:

The same as always :D

- After downloading the files, copy the rom and gapps to your SDCARD!
- Go to recovery (you can use touch recovery - Thanks to Epsylon3)
Follow this thread if you wish to use it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1585927
- Wipe everything (not the sdcard)
- Install zip from sdcard (rom & gapps)
- Reboot

Changes:

July 11:
-Smoother than before
-Defy parts working again.

July 05:
-Finally full HARDWARE ACCELERATION! Despite locked bootloader we got it.

Thanks to the best devs!

May 12:
Thanks to QUARX for posting changes :D
-Preferred Network selection
-Crystal Talk
-Some small fixes.

May 06:
Thanks to CORVX for posting changes :D
-Device settings (Advanced) has been added.
-Flash is working (at least YouTube, vimeo, etc) (Its not working for me) :(
-No more random launcher restarts
-Bluetooth seems to work better
-Camera is still getting disconnected occasionally
-Chrome is working better than before, but still not usable (blank pages), although I know is a known issue.

April 16:
-Flash Player is working now!! :D

April 12:
-First Release!
-CAMERA finally WORKING!!
-HW acceleration partially working!

Post any issues, I will try it and post issues too.

Screenshots:
Attached Images!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-12-17-01-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-12-17-01-27.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,260
  • Screenshot_2012-04-12-17-01-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-12-17-01-56.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,248
  • Screenshot_2012-04-12-17-02-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-12-17-02-51.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,418
  • Screenshot_2012-04-12-17-03-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-12-17-03-33.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,403
  • Screenshot_2012-04-12-17-03-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-12-17-03-53.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,414
Last edited:

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
hola amigo josuearisty estoy demasiado contento con esta nuueva rom de l maestro de todos Quarx es una bestia para progama suerte que ya tiene el bravo ....:D

mis dudas son estas : instalo la cm9 zip como si fuera cualquier otra rom ok hasta ahi voy bien ...

mi otra pregunta es los GApps for ICS: se instalan como si fuera tambien una rom o tiene algun procedimiento diferente perdon que hagas esas preguntas pero estoy demasiado novato y lo poco que e aprendido es gracias ati ya que tu hablas el español ....:D

mi otra preguntas es se puede hacer llamadas con el telefono o no esta trabajando la señal de telefonia ...:confused:

espero no ser tan molesto con usted las preguntas y respuestas nunca se acaba saludos amigo ....:D

Siempre estamos para ayudar amigo, las gapps de ics se instalan igual que una rom justamente despues de haber instalado la rom.

Ese problema de la señal se debe a que la rom tiene unos archivos de red que tienen que ser modificados, ademas a esta rom le falta la opcion de advance en la chal se puede usar el baseband switcher y seleccionar un baseband con el cual funcione nuestro 3g.

The ics gapps should be installed like any other rom.

You install the rom and inmediatly install gapps.

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
Gracias amigo josuearisty ya tengo instalado ice crea 4.0 esta fantastica..quarx es una bestia .. el único problema que pude encontrar esq ya no puedo ver vídeo con el flashplayer lo demás trabaja excelente no me cansare de agradecer a todos los del foro...

De nada mi amigo, de donde eres?

El problema con el flash player es porque aun no tenemos aceleracion de hardware.

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Are you using multiboot? I have not seen any error at this moment, I will make some test to post all issues I find.

Im using it without multiboot.

No Superuser has been an issue with the last 4 Epsylon3 releases with CM9 on multiboot according to the Defy forums. I just finished installing CM9 on multiboot, but didn't use it because I'm uploading CM9 unused so whoever decides do DL it can use the First Run Setup Wizard....I'll test it out and post back within a half an hour.

I checked....no superuser on multiboot....the option doesn't even appear in the settings menu...Same as on the Defy.

Last edited:
Reactions: sdrawkcab3

sdrawkcab3

Feb 18, 2008
Yeah, that sounds right. I'm using multiboot to test ICS. I really like the new Gapps, so I might switch to CM9 as primary anyways!

Thanks for the replies!

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Yeah, that sounds right. I'm using multiboot to test ICS. I really like the new Gapps, so I might switch to CM9 as primary anyways!

Thanks for the replies!

Well, the new Play Music sucks, or at least Google songs on the cloud part does...Although you can just copy songs from Google Play's cache...but 3 songs were 30mb, and that'll eat bandwidth up in no time....bad idea Google.

@Josuearisty--Have you ever tried using a $20 prepaid Visa for Amazon\Google Markets? Its what I do for my free songs\app of the day, and might be a solution for Non-Americans to access American Markets along with using Market Enabler (Link). Basicly, Market Enabler spoofs Market into thinking your from a different country. I'm actually going to start including Market Enable in my roms to help out international users.

I hope this helps you foreign guys out.

syllogyking

Sep 13, 2011
here. there. everywhere.
for those of you who want to change the LED for battery charging and access the multitouch pts., compass calibrator, baseband switcher, you'll notice that it's in the rom but not in the settings menu..

defy user, matiasjrossi, has come up with this handy app to finally access those! please thank him and see the following link:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1598492

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
Well, the new Play Music sucks, or at least Google songs on the cloud part does...Although you can just copy songs from Google Play's cache...but 3 songs were 30mb, and that'll eat bandwidth up in no time....bad idea Google.

@Josuearisty--Have you ever tried using a $20 prepaid Visa for Amazon\Google Markets? Its what I do for my free songs\app of the day, and might be a solution for Non-Americans to access American Markets along with using Market Enabler (Link). Basicly, Market Enabler spoofs Market into thinking your from a different country. I'm actually going to start including Market Enable in my roms to help out international users.

I hope this helps you foreign guys out.

I never tried to buy songs off amazon or google.

Once I try to buy an app from amazon I used Market Enabler and no success.

I will try somethings later, I like some north americans songs, Im American too even not living in US :D

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
for those of you who want to change the LED for battery charging and access the multitouch pts., compass calibrator, baseband switcher, you'll notice that it's in the rom but not in the settings menu..

defy user, matiasjrossi, has come up with this handy app to finally access those! please thank him and see the following link:

Wow, I never noticed. Thanks. Now I have to update my threads....I always edited build.prop for LED and Multitouch...I didn't even notice baseband or compass; I saw then on Epsy's last rom I used and figured they'd be there too.

Is this a Multiboot glitch like Superuser, or just a glitch in general???

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!

Thanks, I saw it yesterday forums.

For us who live outside US we need to change baseband switcher so that our 3G works.

But why quarx is not adding it to the rom?

I think we need to let him know about it, will it go forever or what? :confused:

Wow, I never noticed. Thanks. Now I have to update my threads....I always edited build.prop for LED and Multitouch...I didn't even notice baseband or compass; I saw then on Epsy's last rom I used and figured they'd be there too.

Is this a Multiboot glitch like Superuser, or just a glitch in general???

Im using CM9 in my second bravo without multiboot, and it is not there!

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Thanks, I saw it yesterday forums.

For us who live outside US we need to change baseband switcher so that our 3G works.

But why quarx is not adding it to the rom?

I think we need to let him know about it, will it go forever or what? :confused:

Im using CM9 in my second bravo without multiboot, and it is not there!

Actually, the US Baseband is wrong as well as the APN. I just never noticed because baseband is one of the things I change without even thinking about it. After Months of using Defy Roms, old habits are hard to break. (Plus I did baseband switch before I realized it was bad APN)

sdrawkcab3

Feb 18, 2008
I'm having a Bluetooth issue. When paired with my car, the music drops at a regular interval. I've been messing with CPU governors and thought that might be the cause, but the problem persists when the phone's at full throttle, too.

Anyone else notice Bluetooth connection issues, or have a suggestion for me?

Sent from my MB520 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news for bravo users:)
    HWUI now works fully, without any hacks.
    Thanks for modules to nadlabak :)
    I will upload build soon
    New build: "Preferred Network selection" and "Crystal Talk" + some small fixes.
    New Build has a selective hwa (thanks nadlabak for this feature) :)
    Opera should work now:)
    also added hw black/white lists in build.prop.
    # limit the usage of hw renderer to the listed processes only (0 - any)
    hwui.whitelist=com.android.browser
    # disable the usage of hw renderer for the listed processes
    # (unused if whitelist is different from 0)
    hwui.blacklist=
    By default hwa allowed for Android Browser and permanent disabled for launchers and SystemUI.

Bracode scanners should work too.
    Chrome/Panorama works :)
    Full HWUI etc.
    http://quarx2k.ru/cm9-nightly-bravo(kobe)/CM9-NIGHTLY-120705-Bravo.zip
    Screenshot:
    http://quarx2k.ru/device-2012-07-06-041649.png

If updating from previous version, delete local.prop or /local/hwui.allow/ in data if you used HWA Selector app, to get HWA working. (if not work)
    Finally we have some real support for our lovely bravo with ICS.

CyanogenMod 9 for Motorola Bravo (Quarx)

Downloads:

Nightlies CM9 for Bravo:
    http://quarx2k.ru/cm9-nightly-bravo(kobe)/

Updated GAPPS!
    GApps for ICS:
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

Installation:

The same as always :D

- After downloading the files, copy the rom and gapps to your SDCARD!
    - Go to recovery (you can use touch recovery - Thanks to Epsylon3)
    Follow this thread if you wish to use it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1585927
    - Wipe everything (not the sdcard)
    - Install zip from sdcard (rom & gapps)
    - Reboot

Changes:

July 11:
    -Smoother than before
    -Defy parts working again.

July 05:
    -Finally full HARDWARE ACCELERATION! Despite locked bootloader we got it.

Thanks to the best devs!

May 12:
    Thanks to QUARX for posting changes :D
    -Preferred Network selection
    -Crystal Talk
    -Some small fixes.

May 06:
    Thanks to CORVX for posting changes :D
    -Device settings (Advanced) has been added.
    -Flash is working (at least YouTube, vimeo, etc) (Its not working for me) :(
    -No more random launcher restarts
    -Bluetooth seems to work better
    -Camera is still getting disconnected occasionally
    -Chrome is working better than before, but still not usable (blank pages), although I know is a known issue.

April 16:
    -Flash Player is working now!! :D

April 12:
    -First Release!
    -CAMERA finally WORKING!!
    -HW acceleration partially working!

Post any issues, I will try it and post issues too.

Screenshots:
    Attached Images!