[Q] CWM 5.5.0.4, stuck in recovery SL101. Windows wont install the usb drive

Search This thread

SQ3.0dotJP

Aug 13, 2010
no backup :( on internal sd. last rom was ICS, i fullwiped to install another rom from SD without noticing the bug with this version of CWM

That's the jist of it. Whenever i try to open the android SDK the screen pops up, scrolls then closes. I have the latest JDK and SDK installed. in Device manager there is an error that reads transformer with that damned yellow triangle. ive installed the ASUS sync software, and ive tried manually installed the drivers, it fails every time. and CWM doesnt recognize the SD card. Im running windows 8 consumer preview and a fresh install of win7. Ive tried win7 and ubuntu in virtual box and the SDK just runs and closes as stated before. ive tried 2 different PCs. im a noob but ive never had this much trouble with my phone DHD. Please point me to how i can install a recovery in this situation, i know im probably doing something wrong. but my head is hurting from searching and trying solutions. Im temped to go try my luck at getting it replaced in-store using my 'foreigner in Japan going nuts' card. im sure if i could just get the damn driver to install that i could figure it out from there with all the other tutorials and [Q] threads that ive read.

tried this also, but with my device not being recognized adb does nothing
Ok, here's what you're going to do. I need you to follow my instructions right down to the letter.
(1) Download honeycomb_root_cwm.zip onto your PC.

(2) Unzip. Inside, you will find 2 folders. Place the folder "root-honeycomb" in your C: directory on your PC. Ignore the other folder.

(3) Make sure your TP is on inside CWM. Plug it into your PC.

(4) On your PC, go to start menu and type in "cmd" and enter. Command prompt window should pop up.

(5) In the command prompt (the window with black background), type "cd\" and enter. Type "cd root-honeycomb" and enter.

(6) Type "adb devices". You should get a long string of numbers. If you don't get anything, wait a minute and try again. Once "adb devices" gives you a string of number, then go on.
from http://www.transformerforums.com/fo...vice-wont-boot-after-doing-factory-reset.html

Last edited:

skacore

Dec 26, 2010
Same thing happened to me and it is already being discussed in this topic http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1602915.

I could not fix the problem yet but I'm waiting for a new USB as I think mine might be working badly. As far as I know if you can't have your transformer properly connected to your PC there is nothing you can do other than RMA.

My advice is that you buy or borrow other USB to try it before sending your tranaformer to RMA. I'm waiting on mine to arrive. When it does I'll tell how did it goes (I must say that I'm not to confident but we have to try everything!)

SQ3.0dotJP

Aug 13, 2010
may be easier to find someone with one of the supported phones than the tablet. im still having issues with ADB just opening and closing though. too frustrated to continue for the evening :(

skacore

Dec 26, 2010
may be easier to find someone with one of the supported phones than the tablet. im still having issues with ADB just opening and closing though. too frustrated to continue for the evening :(

My ADB works well what I can not do is to connect the tablet to the computer. Yeah, guess I try to find someone!

About your ADB my advice would be to reinstall it again, step by step. First unistall everything and then reinstall, maybe it will work!

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Just found someone with a SG2, tomorrow in my way to college I'll do the trick!

Just to be sure. What you did was:
  • connected a compatible phone to the computer;
  • unistalled the phone drivers;
  • installed the naked drivers;
  • removed the phone;
  • connected the transformer and the pc recognized it.
I'm not missing anything, am I?

Just hope mine also recognizes it. I'm a little worried it does not as I format system (if I didn't I would be going through this just would have done a cold-boot)

SQ3.0dotJP

Aug 13, 2010
My ADB works well what I can not do is to connect the tablet to the computer. Yeah, guess I try to find someone!

About your ADB my advice would be to reinstall it again, step by step. First unistall everything and then reinstall, maybe it will work!

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Just found someone with a SG2, tomorrow in my way to college I'll do the trick!

Just to be sure. What you did was:
  • connected a compatible phone to the computer;
  • unistalled the phone drivers;
  • installed the naked drivers;
  • removed the phone;
  • connected the transformer and the pc recognized it.
I'm not missing anything, am I?

Just hope mine also recognizes it. I'm a little worried it does not as I format system (if I didn't I would be going through this just would have done a cold-boot)

yep, thats what worked for me. im going to go back at ADB in the afternoon. im off till monday so ive got the time, lol

farsight73

Dec 29, 2010
Selangor
So this CWM 5.5.4.0 and CWM 5.5.0.4 are the same variant? And both have bug?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

skacore

Dec 26, 2010
It's NOT a bug. It's just made to read from the internal sd only.
That's why I stuck with Team Rouge recovery.:D

That's it. Should have done the same and now my transformer would be working just fine...

In about one hour I'll be doing this universal naked drivers process. Altough I understand all the steps I'm not quiet sure that I understand the reason beyond them. Just so I know, can anyone explain me?

skacore

Dec 26, 2010
Ahh right.. next time the best step before full wipe and flashing would be perform full backup and see where it store the backup files.. :D

You're absolutely right. Whatever... what's done is done!

So I tried today to install the drivers using a SGS2 but it did not work. My only option now is the new usb cable...

SQ3.0dotJP

Aug 13, 2010
Well ASUS restored my sl101 and its back I'm my hands as of today. Harsh learning experience. But they fixed it. Arigato ASUS! I won't make that backup mistake again lol

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

Last edited: