[Guides & Links] TOUCHWIZ UNIFIED MODS THREAD

Search This thread

stalli0nUK

Jun 24, 2013
Oxford
Isn't this a CSC tweak?
We don't get this for either mms or sms in our logs with stock I think . Maybe its one of these two:

Code:
<CscFeature_Contact_DisableMessageLog>true</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMessageLog>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableLogs>true</CscFeature_Message_DisableLogs>

added them both and still see the message logs :( think i remember need to edit the SecMms_Blue.apk file. But need a tutorial for what to edit.

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
Isn't this a CSC tweak?
We don't get this for either mms or sms in our logs with stock I think . Maybe its one of these two:

Code:
<CscFeature_Contact_DisableMessageLog>true</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMessageLog>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableLogs>true</CscFeature_Message_DisableLogs>

You are correct, we do not get this with stock. Good to know though!! :good::good:

Reactions: tdunham

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
You can enable Developer Options by going to Settings/About Device/ then tap on Build Number really fast, back out of app drawer and Developer Options will be there (back in app drawer)

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Trying to make this complete as possible.
I know that some of these are obvious but go with it... ;)

A FEW NEW ADDITIONS:

[Guide How-To] REMOVE IME KEYBOARD SWITCHER NOTIFICATION

[Guide How-To] DISABLE HOME KEY WAKE

[Guide How-To] REMOVE ROAMING NOTIFICATION

[HOW-TO] Remove connection optimizer

Remove Full Battery notification

[Guide How-To] Remove Battery Low notification

[How To] Lockscreen Torchlight Option

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
Last edited:

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
This has got to be the best thread ever for Mods, thank you @tdunham, these guides are the best, and work perfect....:good::good:

Btw, most of these work on the Note3, (note: some are just for the S5, but that is self explanatory) Thanks for the new additions.
I think most of these guides will work with some modification on other 4.4.x TW based roms. One of the biggest problems with ours is they moved stuff around quite a bit, apk's have different names etc.
For instance, some code that used to be in framework.jar is now in framework2.jar, the lockscreen code is now in its own apk called keyguard.apk instead of android.policy.jar. It's been quite the challenge finding stuff. :rolleyes:

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
I think most of these guides will work with some modification on other 4.4.x TW based roms. One of the biggest problems with ours is they moved stuff around quite a bit, apk's have different names etc.
For instance, some code that used to be in framework.jar is now in framework2.jar, the lockscreen code is now in its own apk called keyguard.apk instead of android.policy.jar. It's been quite the challenge finding stuff. :rolleyes:

funny you should say that...my friend and I didnt see some of the code in the files in some of the guides...we did the exact same, and found them elsewhere...agreed..a serious challenge...but most are pretty universal...did see on my end that the guides were pretty close to the code on the note3..that is where I have been putting most of these into effect...so..all is good for me...??It is still a great learning process..this is great...I am having a blast trying these...and finding a solution...this thread is still top notch info....keep up the guide...?

Last edited:
Reactions: ted77usa

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
:)
funny you should say that...my friend and I didnt see some of the code in the files in some of the guides...we did the exact same, and found them elsewhere...agreed..a serious challenge...but most are pretty universal...did see on my end that the guides were pretty close to the code on the note3..that is where I have been putting most of these into effect...so..all is good for me...??
I use Fileseek to find strings or keywords. It will even search inside apk files and classes.dex so if I really get stuck trying to find something and I don't even know where to look, I will use it to search through the entire system/apps folder and sometimes it works out.
Unfortunately, that doesn't work on the compiled jar files though.

Last edited:

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
I use Fileseek to find strings or keywords. It will even search inside apk files and classes.dex so if I really get stuck trying to find something and I don't even know where to look, I will use it to search through the entire system/apps folder and sometimes it works out.
Unfortunately, that doesn't work on the uncompiled jar files though.

You just made my day...YES!! I was doing it the hard way, guessing most of the time..lol...thank you for this very valuable tip...greatly appreciated my friend..☺

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
You just made my day...YES!! I was doing it the hard way, guessing most of the time..lol...thank you for this very valuable tip...greatly appreciated my friend..☺
I take it back about jar files and Fileseek. I just realized that Fileseek is using WinRAR as its default file handler so I associated jar files with WinRAR and now I can search within uncompiled jar files as well.
I know this because in Fileseek/settings/other applications, it shows WinRAR.exe as the default viewing application.
Once jar files are associated with WinRAR, now I can search them with Fileseek too.

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Anyway for a flashable? I'm on a Mac and it's hard find the right tools to accomplish this especially for a noob in this realm of tinkering with my phone
Not right now. Its not exactly a simple edit. It will be in the next MOAR rom update and I see you're on Sprint so keep an eye on the MOAR rom thread in android development thread for the upcoming release (in the Sprint Galaxy S5 thread).

Top Liked Posts