CPU Overheat

Search This thread

sherry_94

Feb 8, 2013
Bangalore
My cpu is behaving wierd lately.....in normal operation , its almost always above 50 degrees ...and when heavy use comes, temps rise rapidly to over 60 degrees , when kernel starts to throttle and phone's frequency start to drop and then it lags like crazy ....when at idle its in range 40-45 degrees.....when in deep sleep, its in range 38-40.....i ve tried all major kernels ....i ve a very high UnderVolt....i even tried stock table .....i use phone at 1 Ghz ....tried both stock and kitkat .....The phone is painfully hot in hands ....i cant seem to fix this ?? Does it mean , my phonr has to go to service centre ???
9avuha7e.jpg

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kosa02

Jan 2, 2014
Dzbel
My cpu is behaving wierd lately.....in normal operation , its almost always above 50 degrees ...and when heavy use comes, temps rise rapidly to over 60 degrees , when kernel starts to throttle and phone's frequency start to drop and then it lags like crazy ....when at idle its in range 40-45 degrees.....when in deep sleep, its in range 38-40.....i ve tried all major kernels ....i ve a very high UnderVolt....i even tried stock table .....i use phone at 1 Ghz ....tried both stock and kitkat .....The phone is painfully hot in hands ....i cant seem to fix this ?? Does it mean , my phonr has to go to service centre ???
9avuha7e.jpg

You say, that you use it at 1GHz but this screen says that phone runned at 1.3 GHz. Yesterday I was playing Bad Piggies at 1GHz on stock and phone got very hot. (I have got plastic cover and thru it burned)

On sony support center is topic about temp http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-L/high-Battery-temperatures/td-p/363016 you can try to switch off network connection. Theres written that your idle and deepsleep temps are "in normal". And when you stress your cores that might get hotter than it's nice.

Reactions: sherry_94

sherry_94

Feb 8, 2013
Bangalore
You say, that you use it at 1GHz but this screen says that phone runned at 1.3 GHz. Yesterday I was playing Bad Piggies at 1GHz on stock and phone got very hot. (I have got plastic cover and thru it burned)

On sony support center is topic about temp http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-L/high-Battery-temperatures/td-p/363016 you can try to switch off network connection. Theres written that your idle and deepsleep temps are "in normal". And when you stress your cores that might get hotter than it's nice.

I try overclocking ...fine....but even when using 1 ghz , its hot...so 60 degrees is fine ?? Whats the max safe temp ???

sherry_94

Feb 8, 2013
Bangalore
My phone never runs cool......no matter what kernel or rom i use....can this be a hardare issue.....

Kosa02

Jan 2, 2014
Dzbel
My phone never runs cool......no matter what kernel or rom i use....can this be a hardare issue.....

I don't know what max temp is ideal.. is it bad even on stock kernel and ROM with locked bootloader? Coz on my phone none of custom software doesn't work propertly. That's why stock is the best for me. You can try stock and you'll see if things get better ;)

mvv1277

Feb 17, 2012
Bangalore
I have flashed phantom kernel v7 and Stock ROM.
When my phone is ideal temp is 38 c .
Regarding your screen shot I guess you should turn-off MP-decision using trickster mod and lock freq at 1 GHz.
If you have locked freq and MP-decision is on it may override default settings.
I guess this should work.

sherry_94

Feb 8, 2013
Bangalore
Regarding your screen shot I guess you should turn-off MP-decision using trickster mod and lock freq at 1 GHz.
Whats ideal temp ??? When phone is sitting idle ??? Or when in use ??? And what country u live in....is ut summer over there ?? Whats the temp when phone is in normal use and heavy use ??

sherry_94

Feb 8, 2013
Bangalore
I don't know what max temp is ideal.. is it bad even on stock kernel and ROM with locked bootloader? Coz on my phone none of custom software doesn't work propertly. That's why stock is the best for me. You can try stock and you'll see if things get better ;)

Ya , now its bad even on stock,but i never locked bootloader .

sherry_94

Feb 8, 2013
Bangalore

Mine never ever goes below 38 even in IDLE mode and UnderVolted .......my Ideal Temp is 48-50 celcius [emoji26] uploadfromtaptalk1397868344869.jpg

sherry_94

Feb 8, 2013
Bangalore
For some unknown reason, my phone is back to its old self......i dont know why in the first place it started to get so hot.... Thank you guys uploadfromtaptalk1397957273925.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    9avuha7e.jpg